Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal
    #2651085 - 05/07/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

My freinds and made a tea of dried peruvian torch with about 33grams per person. We figure this would be mild to medium trip, some visuals, nice body high. 
Well let me tell you...that must have been between 400-450 milligrams of mescaline. Everything was melting, morphing, tracers, changing color, changing shape, turning into fractals. Paterns on EVERYTHING. I got very confused as to who was my ego. At one point I became my tripping partner and at another my ego split. Time started really going out the window. Any more of that mescaline and I don't know if i could have gotten back because time would have stopped and everything ceased to be.
I could feel it almost instantly. We has smoked some weed a couple of hours earlier and all of a sudden just felt like we had taken another hit. Within 1 1/2 hours of starting to drink the nasty cactus juice we were seeing heavy visuals. Music wasn't even music anymore. shit...

It is now about 15 hours since we dosed and I still feel pretty damn weird. I can't sleep because my thought all turn to fractals and I still see some closed eye patterns. Really wish I could sleep. (Don't dose up at night, esp. not at 1:00am. Morning would be best.)

This was my first REAL trip and it totally blew my mind. I was able to hold it together alright and enjoyed it alot as the peak was starting to wear off.

I will right a detailed trip report later because the stuff we were seeing was absolutely nuts.

So, moral of the story: San Pedro/Peruvian Torch dosing is alot of guessing, but is better to be on the side of safety unless you are really experienced. I don't know if I will ever be the same again.:mushroom2:

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2651247 - 05/07/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Cool report.

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2652786 - 05/08/04 07:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it does seem to take quite a bit longer to metabolize mescaline (vs. shrooms or lsd...)
a nice sauna could crank up the ol' metabolism & "sweat out the toxins" hehheh...
& dr abram hoffer hypothesizes (he & dr humphrey osmond turned aldous huxley on to mescaline back in the 50s) that taking large amounts of niacinamide (or niacin) cranks up the MAO activity (among other things) & thus increases the oxidation of those pesky (trippy :wink: ) mono-amines (like mescaline)...
anyways, you'll be back at baseline within 48-72 hours, not to worry...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: gnrm23] * 1
    #2653689 - 05/08/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

^^^ so is that like the opposite of taking an MAOI with ayahuasca? :mushroom2:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: Hrethic]
    #2656415 - 05/09/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ya, sort of an MAO enhancer...
dr hoffer suggests that niacin/nicainamide can be an "antidote" to a tripping experience...
ymmv...

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
    #2656428 - 05/09/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

oh absolutely --- when i am working with sanpedro (or any potentially long-lasting psychedelic) i generally try to start before noon (or at least early afternoon)...
dosing on anything at 1 in the morning sounds exhausting to me...

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlineel gringo loco
chris
Male
    #10790890 - 08/03/09 07:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hi,i'm boiling 20 g of dried peruvian torch,blended it,etc...now a bitter thin liquid,boiled for 1 hour,,is this enough prep...or do i need more boiling?

--------------------
don't be afraid to live!!

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: el gringo loco]
    #10790929 - 08/03/09 08:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

el gringo loco said:
hi,i'm boiling 20 g of dried peruvian torch,blended it,etc...now a bitter thin liquid,boiled for 1 hour,,is this enough prep...or do i need more boiling?

I would boil it some more since 20g of cactus material is not that much. More boiling equals more strenght to the brew.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: solstice]
    #10791220 - 08/03/09 09:46 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
Quote:

el gringo loco said:

I would boil it some more since 20g of cactus material is not that much. More boiling equals more strenght to the brew.

While we're on the topic:

About how much water would you suggest cooking 20 or 30 grams of cactus in to? I was thinking like 15 to 20 times the volume of cactus material might be appropriate but i'm up for some experienced suggestions..

--------------------
================

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: floatingwater]
    #10791305 - 08/03/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It doesn't really matter how much, usually you should boil the cactus material for minimum 3 hours, until you have about a cup of tea left to drink.

Also, 30 grams is a minimum if you ask me, less than that is just a waste of a trip.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Edited by solstice (08/03/09 10:39 AM)

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: solstice]
    #10791426 - 08/03/09 10:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yea cactus potency varies A lot. When i did Peruvian Torch i would usually go on the higher end of the dosage range. Usually the potency would knock it down to be more mild. I haven't had a bad time on mescaline.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: oxalic32]
    #10792598 - 08/03/09 02:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

no shit

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: thedudenj]
    #10792628 - 08/03/09 02:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

In about a month hopefully I'll try it out.,

when they ship it to you

is it like a big box or something?

don't really want a cactus showing up at my door.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (08/03/09 02:37 PM)

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: pfxtc]
    #10822264 - 08/08/09 11:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ended up drying to brew about 125 grams of material into about 2 quarts of water. Turns out that cactus is really really absorbative and I totally ended up with a ton of cactus snot goo after about 3 hours of boiling. I ended up adding a couple of cups of water into the pot with about a half hour left in the boil because I doubted that there would be any water to actually strain out of the gooey snot I was looking at.

Note to self: don't start brewing at 10pm.

I rigged up a t-shirt to strain the snot and collect whatever water I could and ended up with about 15 oz of greenish yellowish liquid with a definite syrup consistency.

This was split into three parts of 3 people. 2 part were consumed within an hour between 2 people. the third was waiting for someone but it ended up being split between 2 again about 4 hours into the experience.

Outdoors in nature was the spot to be as the experience was very very mild and mellow. About 4 to 5 hours after consumption was what I would consider the peak. Ever so slight visual enhancements were present but it was tough to tell if it was just the mind creating this or if the mescalito was responsible. Very pleasant body "high" was present that resembled mdma. Walking around for a little while and then returning to a seat around the campfire was when I noticed it the most. As soon as I returned to my sitting position my body just felt incredible. Like every breath was of the purest air and vitalized me to the max..

Soon after the sun went down and no other substantial effects were noticable.

Notes: Need way more water. Might try an extraction next time.

--------------------
================

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: floatingwater]
    #10823954 - 08/08/09 05:27 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You dried fresh cactus?

Next time.... keep it fresh, Supposedly, if you leave your cuttings in a dark cool place for a month or two, alkaloid content goes up.

And when ready to cook it up, use basically the same directions you just used, however, I would suggest either freezing the chopped chunks of cactus, or purreeing it in a blender, then adding some lemon juice, like about 1/4th the amount of water you used. like 1 quart if you have 4 quarts of water. a big bottle of generic only costs like .99.

And then, let the product cool, you will notice a seperation of layers. Once it is cooled over night, gently pour off the clear top layer, and leave the gunk in the pan, add more water to the gunk, give it a cooking for 10-15 mins, turn it off, let seperate, while at this same time put the clear liquid on to evaporate over low heat.... once speration of the cactus water is complete from the 2nd wash...... add to clear layer that is being evaporated on low heat.

Reduce this to a "consumable" amount, where it isnt TOO slimy and chunky, but is also a smallish amount to drink.

:grin:

BONUS TIP : When heating the 1st and main stew, DO NOT SCORCH. Initially, a low boil is ok becuz of the water content of the pot, but as the mixture thickens, you may need to reduce heat or add water. DO NOT LET IT come to a rolling boil while the liquid is thick like applesauce. More water should have been added , or should be SOON.

Honestly, I havent noticed much if any difference between cooking for 1 hour or 4. with cooking only an hour or maybe 2, i can get a 2nd run on the pulp in the same amount of time as one cook and a strain.

While reducing the second emulsion skim off any layers of scorched cactus spunk that are floating, dont drink those. <-- this is why you avoid cooking at toooooo high of a temp.

EDIT : Purpose of this recipe, Reduced cooking time, elimination of messy and less effective filters, and ultimatly more smooth and refreshing final product(lemon juice, yum!)  that seems potently equitable to any other tea recipe I have tried.

Edited by Shad0w (08/08/09 05:30 PM)

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: Shad0w]
    #10823983 - 08/08/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

OMG!!! OP was from '04 :facepalm:

!!!!!!!!!!!DiE zOMbIe ThReAd DiE!!!!!!!!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#10824081 - 08/08/09 05:55 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Time isn't holding us
Time isn't after us
same as it ever was
same as it ever was.

--------------------

Invisibletoys in the attic
Death

#10824253 - 08/08/09 06:50 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I ate 50 grams in pill capsules. That was the most I have ever done. I puked and spent the night curled up on the bed watching alien tractor pulls.

Don't put it in your yogurt.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Wow, guys Peruvian Torch is the real deal [Re: toys in the attic]
    #10826636 - 08/09/09 08:00 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

toys in the attic said:

Don't put it in your yogurt.

... Or jello.

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#10827172 - 08/09/09 11:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:
You dried fresh cactus?

Next time.... keep it fresh, Supposedly, if you leave your cuttings in a dark cool place for a month or two, alkaloid content goes up.

And when ready to cook it up, use basically the same directions you just used, however, I would suggest either freezing the chopped chunks of cactus, or purreeing it in a blender, then adding some lemon juice, like about 1/4th the amount of water you used. like 1 quart if you have 4 quarts of water. a big bottle of generic only costs like .99.

And then, let the product cool, you will notice a seperation of layers. Once it is cooled over night, gently pour off the clear top layer, and leave the gunk in the pan, add more water to the gunk, give it a cooking for 10-15 mins, turn it off, let seperate, while at this same time put the clear liquid on to evaporate over low heat.... once speration of the cactus water is complete from the 2nd wash...... add to clear layer that is being evaporated on low heat.

Reduce this to a "consumable" amount, where it isnt TOO slimy and chunky, but is also a smallish amount to drink.

:grin:

BONUS TIP : When heating the 1st and main stew, DO NOT SCORCH. Initially, a low boil is ok becuz of the water content of the pot, but as the mixture thickens, you may need to reduce heat or add water. DO NOT LET IT come to a rolling boil while the liquid is thick like applesauce. More water should have been added , or should be SOON.

Honestly, I havent noticed much if any difference between cooking for 1 hour or 4. with cooking only an hour or maybe 2, i can get a 2nd run on the pulp in the same amount of time as one cook and a strain.

While reducing the second emulsion skim off any layers of scorched cactus spunk that are floating, dont drink those. <-- this is why you avoid cooking at toooooo high of a temp.

EDIT : Purpose of this recipe, Reduced cooking time, elimination of messy and less effective filters, and ultimatly more smooth and refreshing final product(lemon juice, yum!)  that seems potently equitable to any other tea recipe I have tried.

If you do it REALLY slow (the slower, the better.) you can reduce it to a shotglass per dose (only if you cook multiple doses and end up using a tin cup for the last bit of evaporation.) with it being not much thicker than drinking yogurt.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules