Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

geneva convention=toilet paper
    #2656266 - 05/09/04 11:25 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i'm for throwing the laws of international war out the window when dealing with foriegn scum who use it as a 'what to do' list against idiots who follow it.
you see if i was guarding some of those islamic fundies i know a few of them would be getting buried in the grounds but hey,i'm honest.not a bleeding heart who cries fowl then hypocritically goes against everything they believe in like anti-war and would willingly go toe to toe with me as long as the corner camp was big enough :thumbdown:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: geneva convention=toilet paper [Re: ]
    #2656381 - 05/09/04 12:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lamblancer said:
i'm for throwing the laws of international war out the window when dealing with foriegn scum who use it as a 'what to do' list against idiots who follow it.
you see if i was guarding some of those islamic fundies i know a few of them would be getting buried in the grounds but hey,i'm honest.not a bleeding heart who cries fowl then hypocritically goes against everything they believe in like anti-war and would willingly go toe to toe with me as long as the corner camp was big enough :thumbdown:

So, what you're basically saying is that you would murder prisoners of war if you were given the chance, am i right? Wow...so you're pro murder. Good for you, what a fine patriot you are, telllin' it like it is and everything.

oh yeah...and btw, don't worry,apparently the geneva convention doesn't have much influence on some of our soldiers decisions anyways.. :rolleyes:

:pimpslap:

InvisibleDieCommie
El Guapo
    #2657430 - 05/09/04 05:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I agree Iamblancer. I dont mean we should nuke or gas the public...But for thousands of years armies win because they de-humanize the enemy. If you dont de-humanize the enemy how could you possibly kill them?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2657448 - 05/09/04 05:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

geneva convention=toilet paper

That's certainly how the Bush administration seems to feel about it, along with the Bill of Rights.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleDieCommie
El Guapo
Re: geneva convention=toilet paper [Re: silversoul7]
    #2657487 - 05/09/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

pffft every country has broken the geneva convention at one time or another....its not unique to the US...... In fact id say that US and Western Europe nations are the only ones that even try to follow the geneva convention...

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: geneva convention=toilet paper [Re: DieCommie]
    #2657720 - 05/09/04 07:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

pffft every country has broken the geneva convention at one time or another

Oh...ok. I guess murder is OK then...since other people do it. :smirk:

I guess the US gov can start killing it's own people with gas and such. Other countries do it...so why can't the US?

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Anonymous

Re: geneva convention=toilet paper [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #2657825 - 05/09/04 07:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i'm not 'promurder' for no reason at all but i'm an eye for an eye
btw what kind of people would want to be prison guards eh?
whether it be a career or an army order
i've always known since fairytale times that guards are picked from the cruellest of the crop...has that changed?
do third world countries expect anything less?
i know they cunningly do and i spit in their eyes

ive always looked at pows like this:
if i was in a battle and the fight went my way during that time ,id give the enemy a chance to surrender,then i would do an ammo check on all the weapons of every soldier who surrenders and if the gun is empty of ammo then a bullet to the head or thrown to the guards for torture/interogation/hanging(they can decide),
if the pow has surrendered with ammo, he has seen reason and is fit to live with pow status as long as the enemies country has a proven history of following international war rules,then he will be treated with dignity....pretty simple rules to live by in war i reckon

i do know that if i was on a battle field i wouldn't be checking a rule book to see if i'm killing humanely or killing men only because an old fashioned pre 21st century rule (written in the days of gentlemanship and chivalry) book told me so.
i was just listening to a documentary about middle age battles and men fell on men stabbing and cutting each others throats in an orgy of murdering mayhem ,can you just imagine how politicially incorrect that would look

how dare any enemy send in women and children or fight from sacred grounds knowing that when our men rightly kill them, the enemy then whines about how evil we are....thats the pot /kettle/black theory some here should check into

these people who some here think deserve more rights than we friggin get in our own countries were training to come and kill your mother or father,sister or brother,child.
will it take that for pacifists to finally go grab their gun?
it would really be bad if we had to resort to those kind of tactics to get socalled patriots to finally jump aboard ,wrongfully thinking the enemy did the bombing wouldnt it,then again us rightwingers are that brainy when it comes to decieving the people are we,the truth always comes out in the end....look at poland for instance
if i was as ruthless and evil as some here would have you believe i already would have destroyed a protestant church(im rc) and left islamic writings on the wall to blame arabs but im not cunning or that way inclined

i am actually sick of saying "if one of those filthy bastards ever hurts one of my kids in some mental civil bombing they will instantly have created a serial killer who will target their young and old"
but why should i wait for my own blood to spill....... aren't all us trueblue aussies family in the first place?
should not anglo/celt/saxon stick together just like the arab/asian races do whether they are right or wrong regardless?
i think so
has my blood already been spilt?
id rather be saying "those scum will never harm us.....they know what we are like"
its called desperate times need desperate measures,
todays monsters CAN/WILL be tomorrows heroes

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2657838 - 05/09/04 08:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

is fit to live with pow status as long as the enemies country has a proven history of following international war rules,then he will be treated with dignity

So US soldiers, if caught as POWs, don't deserve to "live with pow status"?

should not anglo/celt/saxon stick together just like the arab/asian races do whether they are right or wrong regardless?
i think so

Such racist thoughts. :nonono:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

InvisibleDieCommie
El Guapo
Re: geneva convention=toilet paper [Re: trendal]
    #2658657 - 05/10/04 01:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Oh no not the race card lol

The idea of western cultures sticking together to protect western civilization is not racist....

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: geneva convention=toilet paper [Re: DieCommie]
    #2658667 - 05/10/04 01:27 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:

The idea of western cultures sticking together to protect western civilization is not racist....

True. It's merely ethnocentrism, which can be almost as bad as racism.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie
El Guapo
    #2658692 - 05/10/04 01:36 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes it can, if your culture is truly inferior. All cultures are not created equal. In WWII, i need not remind you, free nations banded together to fight an inferior culture in Europe and the Pacific.

You probally dont believe the current battles mirrror those of WWII. But regardless of who you think is right, obviously the "superior" culture should bad together to protect it self?

How can you blame members of western civilization for trying to protect themselves? Of course by the same token how can you blame Arabs for banding together? You can't. The best you can do is support the side you believe is superior.

Anonymous

Re: geneva convention=toilet paper [Re: trendal]
    #2658731 - 05/10/04 01:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

the US has a proven war rules standard in history
and from what news i havent been told about the missing soldier in iraq and footage of soldiers being murdered for the world to see proves that americans aren't treated with pow status so yes i spose your right

lol i was labelled a racist from the first day i was concieved ie concieved not born
the word doesnt bother me anymore now that I understand only a white man can be a bigotted racist in this hypocritical world
tell me why is it ok for arabs to have their little niche clubs like the noa but if we do its racist?
"but they're negroes" you scream.yes negroes who are taught to hate and kill all "non-beleivers" by arab clerics sent from saudi who get sole access to your criminal youth without supervision and breed the hate within to cut the underbelly of our nations

im not talking about the kkk either,i'm sure they themselves would be seen in a different light if the multinational newspapers who are owned by minority groups and who feed off PC gave them some good media attention like um."we are just making a club for our own race like all the others do"
put a bunch of blacks together and you get a religous movement,do it with whites and they are defenitely racists?
"what about the freemasons" you say....when did they have a white tiger regiment like the noa has the black panthers?
we've heard more stories downunder regarding noa and blackpanthers than we've ever heard of islam,i wonder which message in islam is getting through....the "allah loves all except non-muslims" or "kill all non-muslims"
if theyre going to live in my country then they should do a few background checks into our sayings and culture like 'whats good for the goose is good for the gander'
and 'lest we forget'

Anonymous

#2658807 - 05/10/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

DieCommie said:

True. It's merely ethnocentrism, which can be almost as bad as racism.

what exactly would be 'bad' about it?
its what all the islamic nations from saudi to malaysia are doing as we type and yes it is bad but then that forces our hand to do the same doesn't it?
everyone has tasted racism, some more than others,i was bought up by semi-hippy mother who told me all about equality and the plights of poor natives and i went into those cultures with innocent eyes and boy were they kicked shut
doesnt racism mean blindly hating another race without ever knowing it?
i've had bad things happen to me by asians and arabs and i hate them for it,the individuals that is but just mentioning the fact they they were asian is racist,i wasn't even allowed to say they were asian in the news story that followed as it was "politically incorrect"
heres me half dead and the damned media is worried about offending the race that actually did it...now that made me laugh with tears
i have never hated anyone for what colour they are,i judge a man by his heart and actions,actually i don't like to judge anyone at all but you know what i mean

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2658825 - 05/10/04 02:18 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

its what all the islamic nations from saudi to malaysia are doing as we type and yes it is bad but then that forces our hand to do the same doesn't it?

That sounds like your projecting your Western ideas onto them. The Islamic nations of the world are far from united. Iraq and Iran have hated each other for a long time. The Islamic nations of Southeast Asia have long been much more moderate than some of the African or Middle-Eastern ones. There is simply no grounds for saying such things.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2658910 - 05/10/04 02:44 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

saying asian islamic nations are moderates isnt fact, its bullcrap
the bali bombings prove that,
did you not see on the news just this week around 100 islamic militants were killed while trying to raid arms in some asian neighbour of ours?
we live next door to them and we can here the fanatacism growing eveyday
the scum who done the bali bombing is also charged with doing about a dozen christian church bombings and murder in 2000,just yesterday in our sunday paper he was interviewed from his cosy little muslim retreat and said"australia will be hit directly" i dont think his threats to kill more should be taken lightly,he's already killed 200 ,admittedly proud to kill us"pigs" as he put it
and thats moderate?
the animal makes a mockery of death and agony in the name of islam,sits in a cell waiting to die proudly for allah but not before exhausting all appeals.
he even mentions the fact he has a wife and a 3 year old daughter,i wonder what the families of some of the dead would like to do to his unprotected family...you know i don't even think he has the brains to think about that

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2658928 - 05/10/04 02:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, so there are Islamic militants within Asia. Still, the majority of the population, for example in Indonesia, are rather moderate and tolerant. The government even funds the building Buddhist temples in the country.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2658973 - 05/10/04 03:00 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

lol its funny that you mention buddhism.its the only church that can ordain murderers as monks and like islam will hide a criminal :wink:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2658980 - 05/10/04 03:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lamblancer said:
lol its funny that you mention buddhism.its the only church that can ordain murderers as monks and like islam will hide a criminal :wink:

I dunno about that.  The Catholic Church seems to be hiding plenty of pedophiles.  BTW, there is no one "Buddhist church."

--------------------

Anonymous

#2659013 - 05/10/04 03:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i heard a good quote from a woman last week:
"the church doesnt create pedophiles,pedophiles become priests"
i was born rc and have nothing to do with religion,i think i'm a 'deist' i believe in god/jesus.....screw religion
i live in the heart of buddhist territory in sydney and although i love the temples and the little prayer caves,there is something tacky about it imo

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#2659210 - 05/10/04 12:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Granted, the Saudi's and other Arab governments are guilty of torture; however, that doesn't mean that we should 'stoop to their level'. Since it is clear that Saddam Hussain's government had little or no involvement with al-Qaeda, and they did not in fact have a large and active biological or nuclear weapons program (classfying chem. weapons as WMDs is just stupid, and bio-weapons show more potential than demonstrated efficacy), our main motive is now humanitarian. Some of the prisoners were almost certainly innocent of being active enemies of the US government, and our guards tortured them, possibly causing the deaths of two. I find this disgusting.

Quote:

i think so

America is not an anglo/celt/saxon nation, certainly not to the level of Australia. White people are now the largest minority in California, and will be the largest minority in the nation in 50 yrs. if things don't change dramatically. We, like Eurpoe, benefit from an influx of Arab, and other, entrepaneurs, scientists, etc. We profit and learn from the exchange of goods, knowlege, ideas - and, eventually, genes.

There are Americans that feel as you do, but most don't.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion