Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineStable Genius
.... in the loop
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay, Aus Flag
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #26559266 - 03/26/20 02:17 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
281 deaths from covid in NYC since March 14th

281 from covid or 281 deaths from people with covid plus an underlying illness?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSugabearcrisp
Eat The Rich Foods
Male

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26559272 - 03/26/20 02:20 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

The certificate of need process which is overseen by the state and city of NY's health departments governs hospital capacity. It is therefore their responsibility to make sure that the city has adequate facilities.

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Aren't morgues private?  I don't think Rudy could have done anything, unless he was willing to pay for more.  :shrug:

You are thinking of mortuaries and funeral homes, which are private.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26559455 - 03/26/20 04:00 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I think Trump is banking on spring weather knocking out the virus, but nobody really knows.

I'm not a biologist, but that doesn't make sense to me given the virus seem to do fine in 98 degree humans.

I hate to quote somebody from Quora, but this made sense to me. So Trump is banking on the flu season being over scenario. This guy countered with 1)this virus is new so we don't have a lot of people who already have antibodies  2)places like Singapore are seeing rapidly increasing cases while their current climate is like our summer.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Brian Jones] * 2
    #26559489 - 03/26/20 04:12 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

The US hot spot outside of New York is New Orleans which is already experiencing summer like conditions.

Hoping this virus behaves like a flu virus is fantasy

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: koods] * 1
    #26559573 - 03/26/20 04:47 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Hoping this virus behaves like a flu virus is fantasy

Meh, fantasy seems to be the only thing holding the US together at this point anyway. Reality sucks.

Hell, my job was recently declared to be essential to national security. My job which at this moment consists of basically running a paint plant. So remember, next time you're at Home Depot deciding between BEHR and SW, your decision is a matter of national fucking security.

In other news, the US is now officially number one in the world for coronavirus cases!

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Eat The Rich Foods
Male

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Kryptos]
    #26559595 - 03/26/20 04:59 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

Behr and SW are garbage, I only use benjamin moore or california paint in my home.

That said home supply is on the essential list in theory cause you might need to fix a broken thing in your home, in reality the home stores are buzzing with people stuck at home turning to home improvement projects. Good time for them as long as economy comes back

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #26559633 - 03/26/20 05:14 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I think Trump is banking on spring weather knocking out the virus, but nobody really knows.

I'm not a biologist, but that doesn't make sense to me given the virus seem to do fine in 98 degree humans.

I hate to quote somebody from Quora, but this made sense to me. So Trump is banking on the flu season being over scenario. This guy countered with 1)this virus is new so we don't have a lot of people who already have antibodies  2)places like Singapore are seeing rapidly increasing cases while their current climate is like our summer.

When it comes to seasonal illness I imagine humidity plays a role too. In California we get zero summer rain and its dry as a bone.

Not saying that matters with this virus, obviously we dont know.
Quote:

Stable Genius said:
Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
281 deaths from covid in NYC since March 14th

281 from covid or 281 deaths from people with covid plus an underlying illness?

Important distinction that was made in one of the earlier links shared. Just because someone dies with Covid-19 doesn't mean they died from Covid-19.

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: ballsalsa] * 3
    #26559652 - 03/26/20 05:21 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
zinc, elderberry, licorice root.  all have demonstrated inhibitory effects on replication in other coronaviruses.  Not saying they will save you or whatever but I am saying I'm stocked up on these things.  Good luck, relic, keep us apprised.

Also, .5% is still 5x the CFR of the seasonal flu, so still quite bad for younger people

Edit: I think my GF and I may have already gotten the shit.  started out like a cold, fairly mild with some chest congestion. 3 or 4 days in, had elevated heart rate above 110bpm for a day, dropped below 100 the next day, dropped below 90 the next.  had some significant but intermittent chest pain during that time.  its been about 2 weeks total now and I still have lingering chest congestion and some post-nasal drip going on.
My armory in the battle:
Traditional Medicinals-Gypsy Cold Care tea
Zand-elderberry/zinc lozenges
500mg vitamin c (morning)
125 mcg vitamin d (dinner)
Host Defense- Stametz 7 daily immune support

I have but never ended up using: V Clear EPs 7630 Pelargonium sidoides syrup

Bought all the shit after staying up reading about coronaviruses until the wee hours every night in Jan.  I really hope any of that is helpful, my dude.

Its helpful, thanks.  And it affirmed that some of my own arsenal is being taken by at least one other person whose opinion I trust.

Spoke to a nurse at a local hospital.  She had a questionnaire which she went over with me--logging my answers under my preexisting file there--and scored my answers against a guideline.  The result was that I should assume I have the coronarabies, go into a 14 day self quarantine, monitor my symptoms, and call back if there is significant worsening.

She said that tests are being given only to those who are admitted to a bed which made sense in the context of tests being in short supply.  Also spoke to five walk-in style urgent care facilities, one of which actually had tests available.  That location said that tests were only being given when "your insurance provider has preapproved you for testing." 

While I dont think I need to be tested, the fact that an insurance company, rather than a doctor, gets to decide if someone needs to be tested for a highly contagious disease is yet another example of the contradictory American healthcare model...a system where a company which is designed to make a profit is the final arbiter of whether they should make a little less profit by approving a test that a doctor has decided is medically appropriate.

Its regoddamndeddiculous.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#26559659 - 03/26/20 05:24 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

I hate Behr paint. It covers well but it's too thick to do quality work. I like Pittsburgh and just assume two coats and do it right.

--------------------

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26559663 - 03/26/20 05:27 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

What happened to free testing? Didnt some fat lady yell at the old guy until he agreed to free testing for all Americans? The video was viral...

Edit: Rep. Kate Porter and Dr. Redfield, CDC Director

Edited by Ran-D (03/26/20 05:30 PM)

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#26559668 - 03/26/20 05:29 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/how-do-you-choose-between-the-us-economy-and-more-coronavirus-deaths-measuring-the-cost-of-human-life/ar-BB11ISd8?ocid=spartandhp

Here they have it reduced to a simple equation, but we can only make crude assumptions about the extra deaths part of the equation.

I do see the economic arguments however. For me quality of life is more important than life. Maybe I'll look at it differently if death starts hitting close to home.

--------------------

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#26559807 - 03/26/20 06:52 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

Dont know. All of the info i got direct from the healthcare horse's mouth is written above.

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Eat The Rich Foods
Male

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: relic]
    #26560517 - 03/27/20 04:51 AM (3 months, 12 days ago)

Imperial college lowers their dire predictions and adds major caveat that 2/3s would have died anyways
Quote:

Imperial College London made headlines on March 17 for their apocalyptic projection of Coronavirus deaths worldwide. Their lead researcher, Neil Ferguson, claimed that 250,000 citizens of the UK would die from COVID-19. On Thursday, he dramatically reduced it to less than a tenth that number.

Ferguson now claims that UK deaths “could be substantially lower” than 20,000. He adds that two-thirds of these victims would have died in the next six months anyway due to underlying health conditions.

The original study has been repeated endlessly on cable news, adding to the sense of panic among hosts and many in their audience. Nine days ago, Imperial College London claimed that the US would lose up to 2 million Americans. Their new numbers? Just 84,000, again with two-thirds predicted to die within the next six months without Coronavirus

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #26560566 - 03/27/20 06:04 AM (3 months, 12 days ago)

Remember the Oxford study that said the virus reached the UK 38 days earlier than believed and that half their population had already contracted it?

Quote:

“I am surprised that there has been such unqualified acceptance of the Imperial model,” Gupta told the FT.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26560581 - 03/27/20 06:28 AM (3 months, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Behr and SW are garbage, I only use benjamin moore or california paint in my home.

That said home supply is on the essential list in theory cause you might need to fix a broken thing in your home, in reality the home stores are buzzing with people stuck at home turning to home improvement projects. Good time for them as long as economy comes back

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I hate Behr paint. It covers well but it's too thick to do quality work. I like Pittsburgh and just assume two coats and do it right.

Buy whatever paint you want, my company sells raw materials to every single paint supplier in the US that has more than a million in yearly sales, and a few that are under a million. Whatever brand you buy, I get paid.

You have the freedom to choose between a series of nearly identical products, and no matter what you choose, the money goes to the same place.

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#26560702 - 03/27/20 08:26 AM (3 months, 12 days ago)

One of my best customers insists I use only the most expensive behr paint that money can buy when working on their properties. 

I dont care. I get paid by the hour by them and they pay close to the top rate that I charge.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: relic]
    #26560870 - 03/27/20 10:18 AM (3 months, 12 days ago)

That's slightly different--there are some pretty significant differences in performance between the Behr premium paints and their budget paints.

However, the differences between Behr premium and SW premium are pretty small.

Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
    #26560901 - 03/27/20 10:35 AM (3 months, 12 days ago)

I did some NACE work on a DOT project a while back and I preferred the SW rep to the Carboline rep.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger

#26560920 - 03/27/20 10:50 AM (3 months, 12 days ago)

My company does all sorts of painting, most of it cementitious. Paint choice comes down to what the engineer approves. From there we thin it, either we don't tell a soul or just lie about it, and then use it. Often the application conditions aren't met, because trying to paint between 60F and 75F with less than 40% humidity is too small of a range 80% of the time in the North East, so we lie about that too. Usually, the paint application goes just fine and we don't have to do any warranty work. This is true for a huge range of manufacturers, the one exception being a PPG paint application we did. Being in Pittsburgh, there's a main PPG mixer in the city, so we can get really good deals on PPG, especially in that we don't have to pay for shipping. We painted a huge cement structure and a lot of that paint fell off. We've been back to that structure annually to fix that issue. The warranty is for five years, we are on year three. We haven't used PPG paint since.

--------------------
A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

InvisibleballsalsaM
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: christopera]
    #26560939 - 03/27/20 11:03 AM (3 months, 12 days ago)

I sprayed a bunch of epoxy through a cheap wagner sprayer once.  Sealing a pond.  I had to have a helper mixing and loading material into the machine as I went because the rep told me that if I stopped spraying even for a few seconds, the shit would set up in the machine and I would be fucked. Anyway, I had to etch the pond with some muriatic acid so the shit would stick properly.  My understanding is that the etching is more important the newer the concrete is because of the lime or whatever that leaches from the cement.

--------------------
Don't click this link                                         

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Bulk Substrate

General Interest >> Political Discussion