Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMneeb
Stranger

Loc: The dome
What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike?
    #26559271 - 03/26/20 02:20 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

What's the best way you guys deal with someone you really don't like, but are forced to see them daily..?

--------------------
I'm lying about everything I say. All photos posted were stolen from other sources.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEthric
Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: Mneeb] * 1
    #26559289 - 03/26/20 02:32 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Roundhouse kick

OfflineMneeb
Stranger

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: Ethric]
    #26559292 - 03/26/20 02:35 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Ethric said:
Roundhouse kick

A real answer would be appreciated

--------------------
I'm lying about everything I say. All photos posted were stolen from other sources.

Edited by Mneeb (03/26/20 02:35 PM)

Offlinewatermelon mon
Willow Trees

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: Ethric] * 3
    #26559293 - 03/26/20 02:35 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Tell them to have a nice day : )

--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: watermelon mon] * 2
    #26559303 - 03/26/20 02:43 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

That can be a ton of different relationships ranging from roommate, to work colleague to mother in law. No one answer for each situation.

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #26559315 - 03/26/20 02:53 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Only interact with them at the bare minimum required level. If it's bad enough just completely remove yourself from the situation. If it's someone you work with get a new job.

--------------------

OfflineMneeb
Stranger

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #26559316 - 03/26/20 02:55 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
That can be a ton of different relationships ranging from roommate, to work colleague to mother in law. No one answer for each situation.

Girlfriends sister, got good reasons. She's never been "mean" but I know she doesn't like me. Never invites me to ANYTHING. Always makes sure to not include me on trips or anything.. which is fine with me. She never leaves my girlfriend and I alone. We cant even go on a hike without her wanting to come and I'd feel like a dick saying straight up get lost. She never leaves us alone no matter what we do, and I can't stand it. I've voiced my concerns with my girlfriend and she understands, but she also doesn't want to be mean to her sister. Just can't ever get time alone with my girlfriend outside of the house. And no I'm not breaking up over this situation, we've been together for years. Just would like some advice on the best way to handle it. I'm always polite, but I'd never be friends with her. Even worse she hasn't worked basically a day in her life and is in her 30s. Could go on and on but you probably get the point.

Edit: I basically live at my girlfriends house and she lives with her family for good reasons. Besides I dont make enough to move out neither does she.

--------------------

Edited by Mneeb (03/26/20 02:58 PM)

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: searching] * 1
    #26559322 - 03/26/20 02:59 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: Ethric]
    #26559344 - 03/26/20 03:17 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Rock paper scissors is the only fair way. Winner gets what they want :thumbup:

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: Mneeb]
    #26559348 - 03/26/20 03:18 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Mneeb said:
Quote:

PatrickKn said:

Girlfriends sister, got good reasons. She's never been "mean" but I know she doesn't like me. Never invites me to ANYTHING. Always makes sure to not include me on trips or anything.. which is fine with me. She never leaves my girlfriend and I alone. We cant even go on a hike without her wanting to come and I'd feel like a dick saying straight up get lost. She never leaves us alone no matter what we do, and I can't stand it. I've voiced my concerns with my girlfriend and she understands, but she also doesn't want to be mean to her sister. Just can't ever get time alone with my girlfriend outside of the house. And no I'm not breaking up over this situation, we've been together for years. Just would like some advice on the best way to handle it. I'm always polite, but I'd never be friends with her. Even worse she hasn't worked basically a day in her life and is in her 30s. Could go on and on but you probably get the point.

Edit: I basically live at my girlfriends house and she lives with her family for good reasons. Besides I dont make enough to move out neither does she.

Does she have a boyfriend or anything?

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #26559389 - 03/26/20 03:34 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

You live with your GF and her family. You have to deal. Avoid as much as possible and be polite even though you think these things. Ask yourself why she bothers you so much. Try being an adult and asking her in a concerned way either in front of your GF or not. Talk to her (the sister). Don't let this fester and boil until it explodes.

--------------------

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 1
    #26559413 - 03/26/20 03:45 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Tell them to suck your boof tube

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? *DELETED* [Re: Mneeb]
    #26559485 - 03/26/20 04:12 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Post deleted by Asclepius

Reason for deletion: .

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? *DELETED* [Re: psi] * 1
    #26559491 - 03/26/20 04:13 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Post deleted by psi

Reason for deletion: ​

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: psi]
    #26559503 - 03/26/20 04:16 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Sounds likely.  If she is getting dick, she won't be so concerned with her sister's relationship.

OfflineMneeb
Stranger

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: psi]
    #26559507 - 03/26/20 04:17 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
You live with your GF and her family. You have to deal. Avoid as much as possible and be polite even though you think these things. Ask yourself why she bothers you so much. Try being an adult and asking her in a concerned way either in front of your GF or not. Talk to her (the sister). Don't let this fester and boil until it explodes.

It's definitely festering, driving me nuts. Understandably I am at my girlfriends place, her sister actually had an apartment for years and hadn't worked basically a single day besides an hour here and there to make weed money. She actually got kicked out of the apartment her parents pay and is forced to live at home. (She cost her family 70k yr!!!) Her dad is pretty rich but got fed up with it. She was behind $7,000 and made her parents pay. Still, does absolutely nothing and pretends to be searching for jobs. The corona virus definitely made things a lot worse and made it an easy excuse not to work now. I'm trying to be an adult about it. Im in my 20s but every day I go fuckin nuts and my girlfriend makes me feel like the bad person. She constantly says we have all day together but on the other hand we work all day long and the only time we have is in the bedroom when I'm exhausted. Just wish things were different. That's a really good way to view it. The buildup of me getting pissed off really is taking a toll to think about it. I really don't bad mouth people, but man. Shit needs to change.

--------------------

Invisiblemt cleverest
clevendafodil

#26559510 - 03/26/20 04:19 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

try to unerstand why I don't like them, which trait I'm denying in myself, then roundhouse kick

OfflineMneeb
Stranger

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: psi] * 1
    #26559514 - 03/26/20 04:20 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

psi said:
The strange part is that you start off by saying the sister doesn't invite you to anything, but the rest is about her being too clingy.

I would not be surprised if this relates to some sexual tension somehow. My wife's best friend was always bitchy to me until I started flirting with her a bit and we all saw each other naked etc. Now in your situation that approach is almost certainly a terrible idea, but maybe somebody could set her up with someone?

My gf is the type to never let me look at anyone else naked especially her friends. I respect her like that and that's fine, but her sister dates really old men and they're really messed up. Shes into stealing married men that are 15+ years older than her. Guess it's a turn on and in my opinion it's really fucked up. I dont think I could possibly find someone to set her up with bc of the age difference first off and second off who wants to date someone who never works? Might as well flush all your money down the toilet for some gross sex.

--------------------

OfflineMneeb
Stranger

Re: What's the best way to deal with someone you strongly dislike? [Re: Asclepius] * 1
    #26559544 - 03/26/20 04:30 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

Mneeb said:
What's the best way you guys deal with someone you really don't like, but are forced to see them daily..?

My boss made a racist joke yesterday that was directed toward non-to-little English speaking co-workers.  Well, they understood enough to know what he was alluding to with his distasteful, disparaging joke.  A member of HR contacted me 10 minutes later to confirm what I had witnessed.  10 minutes after that, my boss started to question everyone who was present at the time he made his racist joke, one at a time, to determine who had turned him into the HR.  I was the last one he questioned, and everyone else denied turning him in, so he started scolding me in front of everyone.  I told him the conversation he was having with me and the others was inappropriate, and that it was inconsequential who turned him into HR, because this wasn't about us -- it was about him making a racist joke.  He then said, "That's okay, I got something for you" and walked away smiling. 

How do I deal with someone like this, someone who makes racist comments and intimidates his staff after they turn him in for doing so?  I tried to remain calm and collected about the situation.  There isn't anything else I could have done, given it was the work environment.  Like someone else already said, it depends on situational circumstances: the environment, the person and their intent.  And if others are involved I feel I just protect.

Man I can sort of relate to this in a way, I bought my girlfriend a speaker for like 150 bucks. She loved it so much and one night we went out together with her sister to hang out and my girlfriend said how the speaker meant so much to her bc it was a more special gift (jbl it's real nice) I wrote a bunch of love notes and other shit on it and she told her sister the significance it had to her (first gift I've ever bought her) and we used it for the night. After my girlfriend and I went inside we came out the next day to find it completely smashed. Like what the fuck? We found it picked up by someone else (gonna guess her sister we asked her parents) and moved on a table in plain sight. Now this isnt the first time this has happened. Her sister has stolen tons of gifts I've gotten for my girlfriend like specialized flasks, to salt rock lamps we found in her apartment, to so many other things. I can't say for sure she broke the speaker because it was in the garage at the time and looked like someone ran it over but I'm fairly confident she broke it on purpose but reguardless she steals all the shit I get for my girlfriend and she also caught on. We started testing her sister by purposely leaving shit out and from that point on nothing else was taken or broken on us. I guess the only thing we have in common between your post and mine is I've been trying my best to stay calm and gather evidence to prove what a cunt she really is. Shes taken tons of shit I just cant think clearly right now but I'd name another 5 things.

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

#26559571 - 03/26/20 04:47 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Yeah that would put a damper on setting her up with someone you know. Has she been having much luck lately though?

Regarding the money thing though, I think it's not all that rare for guys in the age range she likes to be financially secure but lonely. In preferences she sounds a lot like my wife's sister. Her whole friend group is alcoholic male friends of her much older ex who all hold out hope of getting with her because they know she's into older guys, and they themselves are pretty undateable by women their own age. Her parties are weird as hell let me tell you. Women who like much older men are in somewhat short supply it seems like, the no job thing might not be a deal breaker. If it weren't for this outbreak thing I'd say the 3 of you go to a bar, and you and the gf play wingman for her.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains