Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Ran-D] * 1
    #26557385 - 03/25/20 04:28 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/24/trump-wants-to-restart-economy-by-mid-april-146398

Can someone explain how this could be possible?  Even if we slow down the virus, isn't it just going to start spreading again if we return back to normal?

This is 100% wishful thinking. I'm guessing diaper donnie is being steered by the stock market. The thinking is along the lines of "some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make". He needs one of two things to be re-elected, and that's either (a) stock market records or (b) a full on war.

Putting people back to work will accomplish, at minimum, one of those conditions. Either the stock market improves, or a bunch of people die, which gives the population a "war" mindset--the idea of sacrifice for the country and shit. Then his messaging for campaign ads is no switching horses in the middle of a race.

I could see 3% of the US population dying being a political benefit to donnie. State governors will largely deal with the mess (see: Cuomo), and donnie gets to take credit.

Simply: your death is politically expedient. True donnie supporters will do their best to get people killed right now.

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I think Trump is banking on spring weather knocking out the virus, but nobody really knows.

I'm not a biologist, but that doesn't make sense to me given the virus seem to do fine in 98 degree humans.

It's not very well studied (due to medical ethics), but incidental analysis shows that the flu virus tends to survive better in colder and drier climates when not inside a host. I would hypothesize something like a dormancy state, sort of like sclerotia in mushrooms, which allows the virus to survive longer in response to external stimuli. Other possible explanations are (a) people huddling together (or just working in closer proximity) due to the cold, and (b) cold temperatures and lower sunlight means weakened immune systems.

Quote:

Ran-D said:
There's a recent study from Oxford U that claims the virus has been in the UK since January and half the population already had it.

I live in California and had all the symptoms back in early February, before I knew anything about it. Got over it in a few days, nobody else in my home got sick.

I'm assuming I had a normal flu and am still being cautious.

Was it Covid-19 or any random coronavirus? There are plenty of different coronaviruses. It's a bit like the flu. Or ice cream. Fundamentally the same, but many different flavors.

Some flavors are deadlier than others.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #26557484 - 03/25/20 05:19 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #26557787 - 03/25/20 08:15 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Swiss Doctor on Covid-19 Swiss Propaganda Research

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Ran-D] * 2
    #26557802 - 03/25/20 08:23 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Ran-D said:
There's a recent study from Oxford U that claims the virus has been in the UK since January and half the population already had it.

I live in California and had all the symptoms back in early February, before I knew anything about it. Got over it in a few days, nobody else in my home got sick.

I'm assuming I had a normal flu and am still being cautious.

Yet the ICUs are only filling up now 😒

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #26557968 - 03/25/20 10:06 PM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Stable Genius said:
Swiss Doctor on Covid-19 Swiss Propaganda Research

Very interesting article.  :thumbup:  Very strange name.  :wtf:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26558336 - 03/26/20 04:22 AM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Yes it's strange that the only thing missing out of all that info is the Dr's name?
The story is backed up with decent links... I'm not sure if it's a translation problem or a whistleblower type article?

I didn't realise how bad Italy's air quality is.

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius] * 2
    #26558346 - 03/26/20 04:32 AM (4 years, 3 days ago)

"German immunologist and toxicologist, Professor Stefan Hockertz, explains in a radio interview that Covid19 is no more dangerous than influenza (the flu), but that it is simply observed much more closely. More dangerous than the virus is the fear and panic created by the media and the 'authoritarian reaction' of many governments."

Word.

Edited by Ran-D (03/26/20 06:25 AM)

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Ran-D]
    #26558353 - 03/26/20 04:45 AM (4 years, 3 days ago)

Somehow, I get the feeling we're been stooged, again.

Not saying it isn't serious for the elderly or people with a pre-existing illness but the evidence is looking a bit ordinary.

:archiebunker:

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #26558629 - 03/26/20 08:53 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Tried to compare fatality rate in the 18-49 yo cohort for this season with covid plus all flu strains to the 2017-2018 flu season.  We know  those over 65 yo top the charts, but I wanted to know about the presumably healthier younger cohort.

Only had a few mins, but looked like something around 280 to 330% increase in fatality rate.  Sounds scary when put that way but the takeaway is that while it seems the fatality rate is much higher (from a quick search and considering this year's figures are incomplete) it's still way low in that cohort.  It looks like its much less than 1% and closer to a half percent for the 18 to 49 cohort.

I'm not a member of that 18-49 group, though :baseballfuck:

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: relic] * 2
    #26558633 - 03/26/20 08:54 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Oh, yeah, and?  Woke up this morn with my first respiratory infection in at least 15 years...and I have a very low grade fever. 

Double fuck.

Edit:  calling around to some Express care facilities to see if any have covid tests.  Fucking hell. 

Edited by relic (03/26/20 08:55 AM)

Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: relic] * 1
    #26558700 - 03/26/20 09:28 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

zinc, elderberry, licorice root.  all have demonstrated inhibitory effects on replication in other coronaviruses.  Not saying they will save you or whatever but I am saying I'm stocked up on these things.  Good luck, relic, keep us apprised.

Also, .5% is still 5x the CFR of the seasonal flu, so still quite bad for younger people

Edit: I think my GF and I may have already gotten the shit.  started out like a cold, fairly mild with some chest congestion. 3 or 4 days in, had elevated heart rate above 110bpm for a day, dropped below 100 the next day, dropped below 90 the next.  had some significant but intermittent chest pain during that time.  its been about 2 weeks total now and I still have lingering chest congestion and some post-nasal drip going on.
My armory in the battle:
Traditional Medicinals-Gypsy Cold Care tea
Zand-elderberry/zinc lozenges
500mg vitamin c (morning)
125 mcg vitamin d (dinner)
Host Defense- Stametz 7 daily immune support

I have but never ended up using: V Clear EPs 7630 Pelargonium sidoides syrup

Bought all the shit after staying up reading about coronaviruses until the wee hours every night in Jan.  I really hope any of that is helpful, my dude.

--------------------

Edited by ballsalsa (03/26/20 09:47 AM)

Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: ballsalsa]
    #26558831 - 03/26/20 10:15 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Figured I should drop this here.  Good info and potential good news for the weed smokers.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26558628#26558628

--------------------

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26558833 - 03/26/20 10:15 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Interesting new website about Coronavirus.  It explains when each state has to enact a shelter in place law to prevent hospital overload.

https://covidactnow.org/

It also shows estimated deaths if states don't shelter in place.

Imagine a foreign entity with political motivations using fear to incite panic in an attempt to influence the elections. No i am not talking about the last cycle i am talking about this cycle and specifically covidactnow.org

Their own site has a disclamer at the top that states;

Quote:

This model is intended to help make fast decisions, not predict the future.

Journalist are beginning to dig and finding that covidactnow.org is not all they claim to be

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-abbotts-coronavirus-logic-might-be-flawed/ar-BB11EINx

Covidactnow.org's projections are being cited and used by policy makers as gospel when they are in fact poorly mashed up data studies built to drive action, as they openly admit. Real data scientist understand it isn't that simple

https://www.zdnet.com/article/data-science-vs-the-covid-19-pandemic-flattening-the-curve-but-how/

Politico reported that NYC will be out of morgue space by end of the week based on predictions. As of yesterday we had less than 1000 deaths nationwide yet we'll be out of morgue space by tomorrow?!? The only person with first hand knowlwdge quoted in the article said they could expand easily if needed, like they did for 9/11, yet the article goes on and on about the dire situation.

Quote:

Aja Worthy-Davis, a spokesperson for the New York City Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, said concerns about morgue capacity may be unfounded. OCME’s morgues can store up to 900 bodies across all five boroughs, she said.

“We have the ability to expand pretty dramatically,” she said. “If you look back at what we did during 9/11, we have the ability to create mobile stations that allow us to house bodies if we run out of space.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/dhs-briefing-nyc-morgues-near-capacity-148259

The fake news is as real as the virus.

Not saying this virus isn't real or dangerous, just pointing that not all are acting out of altruism

--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Sugabearcrisp] * 1
    #26558881 - 03/26/20 10:37 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

You know what NYC did after 9/11 to create more morgue space?

They rented refrigerated trucks from McDonald's.

Easy? Yes. Cheap? No. Plus, I figure the image of grandma getting wheeled into a McDs truck is gonna be pretty memorable.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #26558970 - 03/26/20 11:15 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Interesting new website about Coronavirus.  It explains when each state has to enact a shelter in place law to prevent hospital overload.

https://covidactnow.org/

It also shows estimated deaths if states don't shelter in place.

Imagine a foreign entity with political motivations using fear to incite panic in an attempt to influence the elections. No i am not talking about the last cycle i am talking about this cycle and specifically covidactnow.org

Their own site has a disclamer at the top that states;

Quote:

This model is intended to help make fast decisions, not predict the future.

Journalist are beginning to dig and finding that covidactnow.org is not all they claim to be

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-abbotts-coronavirus-logic-might-be-flawed/ar-BB11EINx

Covidactnow.org's projections are being cited and used by policy makers as gospel when they are in fact poorly mashed up data studies built to drive action, as they openly admit. Real data scientist understand it isn't that simple

https://www.zdnet.com/article/data-science-vs-the-covid-19-pandemic-flattening-the-curve-but-how/

Politico reported that NYC will be out of morgue space by end of the week based on predictions. As of yesterday we had less than 1000 deaths nationwide yet we'll be out of morgue space by tomorrow?!? The only person with first hand knowlwdge quoted in the article said they could expand easily if needed, like they did for 9/11, yet the article goes on and on about the dire situation.

Quote:

Aja Worthy-Davis, a spokesperson for the New York City Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, said concerns about morgue capacity may be unfounded. OCME’s morgues can store up to 900 bodies across all five boroughs, she said.

“We have the ability to expand pretty dramatically,” she said. “If you look back at what we did during 9/11, we have the ability to create mobile stations that allow us to house bodies if we run out of space.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/dhs-briefing-nyc-morgues-near-capacity-148259

The fake news is as real as the virus.

Not saying this virus isn't real or dangerous, just pointing that not all are acting out of altruism

The fakes new is pervasive too. There were/are many people on this very website claiming outrageous fatality figures and projections and then when pushed for proof were flippant and dismissive. The hysteria took hold much more dramatically than the virus did.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Kryptos]
    #26558982 - 03/26/20 11:24 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Grandma can get wheeled right into the cremation unit or funeral home, she's dead, cause is known, there is no need for her body to sit in a morgue for Quincy M.E. to do an autopsy ffs

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26558991 - 03/26/20 11:27 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:

Your articles seemed to indicate that the models could actually underpredict things.  :shrug:

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Politico reported that NYC will be out of morgue space by end of the week based on predictions. As of yesterday we had less than 1000 deaths nationwide yet we'll be out of morgue space by tomorrow?!?

It appears to be happening.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26559064 - 03/26/20 12:01 PM (4 years, 2 days ago)

281 deaths from covid in NYC since March 14th, average maximum time bodies remain in the morgue before families must make arrangements for burial or cremation is 72 hours, so not all the 281 are still in the morgues, the morgues that can handle 900.

But fuck math PANIC NOW

Instead people should be asking how a city of 8.7 million is allowed to go on with only 900 morgue beds. This goes to Rudy for not fixing post 9/11

--------------------

Reason:
Another pub thread
No crying in OTD
Click

Edited by Sugabearcrisp (03/26/20 12:02 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26559116 - 03/26/20 12:30 PM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
...people should be asking how a city of 8.7 million is allowed to go on with only 900 morgue beds. This goes to Rudy for not fixing post 9/11

Aren't morgues private?  I don't think Rudy could have done anything, unless he was willing to pay for more.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26559216 - 03/26/20 01:41 PM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
281 deaths from covid in NYC since March 14th, average maximum time bodies remain in the morgue before families must make arrangements for burial or cremation is 72 hours, so not all the 281 are still in the morgues, the morgues that can handle 900.

But fuck math PANIC NOW

Instead people should be asking how a city of 8.7 million is allowed to go on with only 900 morgue beds. This goes to Rudy for not fixing post 9/11

So...should the government be opening government businesses? Or should they force private businesses to change their way of doing business?

Also, why the hell would NYC need more than 900 or so morgue slabs? The city has a pretty low death rate. We're talking about NYC, not some bumfuck nowhere town in the middle of Alabama.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract