Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon Coir, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWilltheyevergrow
b o f a
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Blue Mushroom/Different Looking Head than the Other+General Question?
    #26557068 - 03/25/20 02:52 PM (10 months, 26 days ago)

Hello, folks! First grow is still moving along at the moment, but I had a question for those more knowledgeable than myself. Nothing too serious, but I was wondering if anybody had an explanation as to why the mushroom on the top right is so blue at the moment? I know it's from bruising, but what could cause this? I haven't touched it all or anything, and I've been misting at least 3 times a day (I had read that it could be due to lack of proper misting?) I know this shouldn't be any major issue, but I was still curious. Also, the head looks very different than the one on the left side! IF anybody has an explanation, I'd love to hear it.

Additionally, any ideas as to why that cake has such big pins right now and others have none? I've got pins on at least 3 cakes, and they were all inoculated with the same strain and at the same date/time. I'm just trying to learn more, so would love some more experienced folks responses. Thanks in advance, everybody.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWolfenstein
Learning & Yearning
Male
Loc: Here
Re: Blue Mushroom/Different Looking Head than the Other+General Question? [Re: Willtheyevergrow]
    #26557100 - 03/25/20 03:16 PM (10 months, 26 days ago)

Could be a genetic mutation of some sort. Genes are always a possible source for varying phenotypes.

Did the bruising one grow out the cake in that direction/orientation?
  If so it could be bruising due to
  strain on the stype from weight
  distribution.

--------------------
Anything and everything  I say, write, and/or imply is purely false and is only done so with the intent to enhance my acting career.

Molon Labe

As above, so below

Edited by Wolfenstein (03/25/20 03:17 PM)

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blue Mushroom/Different Looking Head than the Other+General Question? [Re: Wolfenstein]
    #26557203 - 03/25/20 04:28 PM (10 months, 26 days ago)

Looks like it’s bruised from drying out.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineWilltheyevergrow
b o f a

Re: Blue Mushroom/Different Looking Head than the Other+General Question? [Re: A.k.a]
    #26557489 - 03/25/20 07:29 PM (10 months, 26 days ago)

Both interesting replies. I have just put more perlite in my SGFC (I think I had too little before) and got it significantly more wet. Should I be misting more often? I do at least 3 times per day, but can increase if it would help. Very curious to see how the yields end up being!

OfflineCootermonkey
Seeker/lover of knowledge
Male

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Blue Mushroom/Different Looking Head than the Other+General Question? [Re: Willtheyevergrow] * 1
    #26557510 - 03/25/20 07:48 PM (10 months, 26 days ago)

Just be careful you dont mist too much, and since youd like to learn things read up on these for the next few weeks or so haha
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24144021
Tons n tons of great info in there, itll help getcha where you wanna be
:goodluck:

--------------------
MyLAGM2020Growlog

OfflineWilltheyevergrow
b o f a

Re: Blue Mushroom/Different Looking Head than the Other+General Question? [Re: Cootermonkey]
    #26558586 - 03/26/20 10:25 AM (10 months, 25 days ago)

I'm sure nobody cares as much as me, but I have my first fruits harvested! I woke up and the veil had dropped on one of them! I'm pretty dang excited, I officially have mushrooms. It's nothing compared to the monstrous grows you all get, but hey, I'm still stoked! I decided to cut them off at the base, but there's a little bit left... In the future, should I just twist and pull? Also when is a flush, "done?" When there seems to be no new mushrooms growing? I just don't wanna dunk too early or too late!

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blue Mushroom/Different Looking Head than the Other+General Question? [Re: Willtheyevergrow]
    #26558684 - 03/26/20 11:20 AM (10 months, 25 days ago)

Nice man that second one is big, congratulations. It’s so awesome getting your first shrooms.

Idk if it’s the same with cakes but with coir how I harvest depends on the variety. Some like PE will pop right off but others will take huge chunks of coir out with them so I’ll cut those. Leaving a little behind shouldn’t be a problem.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineWilltheyevergrow
b o f a

Re: Blue Mushroom/Different Looking Head than the Other+General Question? [Re: A.k.a]
    #26558767 - 03/26/20 11:55 AM (10 months, 25 days ago)

Yeah, it really is a great feeling seeing the labor of love come to fruition! Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I'm really hoping to do a monotub or shoebox in the near future because I'd love bigger yields, just don't want to get too over my head already. I guess I'll find out if cutting them ends up being a problem, and if so I'll just pull 'em off. Thanks for the reply.

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26558782 - 03/26/20 12:00 PM (10 months, 25 days ago)

Don’t even worry about getting in over your head, I think shoeboxes are much much easier for somebody just starting off.

If you put a little top layer on at spawn your really don’t have to do anything but wait for shrooms. It’s super frustrating learning surface conditions at first and cakes are pretty much 100% about conditions.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon Coir, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation