Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: dbreeze]
    #26563772 - 03/28/20 05:26 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

The US is fucked if we don’t get serious about this soon.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStable Genius
.... in the loop
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay, Aus Flag
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: koods]
    #26563838 - 03/28/20 05:55 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

Those scenes of the hospital tents in the car parks in New York is frightening just in itself.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26563852 - 03/28/20 06:03 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/inside-trumps-risky-push-to-reopen-the-country-amid-the-coronavirus-crisis/ar-BB11PMHk?ocid=spartandhp

The President may have the ability to shut down certain states. He does not have the ability to reopen the economy of states. That is up to the Governors.

This article also mentions that Lindsay Graham, Trump's sycophant, has reversed course and has just warned the President that if he pushes to reopen the economy too soon, all the resulting deaths are on his hands. Graham also said that Trump will also take down the Republican Party in that event. His motives are selfish but he's probably right.

This is a real catch-22. Every week the economy is closed will make the recession/depression that much harder to recover from.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Invisibledbreeze
Stranger
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26563884 - 03/28/20 06:14 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

I would not want to be trump right now thats for sure....like you said catch 22 man. i understand what he has done so far he tried to down play it so the economy wouldnt crumble unfortunately down playing it is exactly what got things to be this bad. but what do you do people will die bottom line but how long can the country go on with no economy??? i mean look ny right now is shut down not making money but yet we are paying $45,000 PER VENTALATOR!!! and we need about 30,000 more if the number are right...so the state aint making money and is spending alot. people arent working small buissness is taking a HUGE HUGE hit. like i said i wouldnt want to be in charge in right now thats for sure...

OfflineStable Genius
.... in the loop
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26563887 - 03/28/20 06:15 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
This is a real catch-22. Every week the economy is closed will make the recession/depression that much harder to recover from.

Absolutely.

Trying to trickle feed a pandemic to match a hospital system that can ruin an economy is one hell of a juggling act.

OfflineStable Genius
.... in the loop
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #26563899 - 03/28/20 06:23 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

Dust off the printing presses, time to print a shit tonne of money.

Invisibledbreeze
Stranger
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #26563965 - 03/28/20 06:59 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

Ok guys here we go....governor cuomo said a quarantine would be "chaos and mayhem" he doesnt think it would be legal and actually said "IT WOULD BE A FEDERAL DECLARATION OF WAR ON THE STATES" This shit real enough yet? get your bug out bags ready! i just dont understand why people wont come together and just stay home its better for you and everyone else if you do. Actually i do some people are STUPID! I get both sides of the argument but if people just stayed home it wouldnt come to this!

For all the people that thought this shit was a joke are you listening yet???

OfflineDarwin23
INFJ
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: dbreeze]
    #26564027 - 03/28/20 07:26 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

dbreeze said:
Ok guys here we go....governor cuomo said a quarantine would be "chaos and mayhem" he doesnt think it would be legal and actually said "IT WOULD BE A FEDERAL DECLARATION OF WAR ON THE STATES" This shit real enough yet? get your bug out bags ready! i just dont understand why people wont come together and just stay home its better for you and everyone else if you do. Actually i do some people are STUPID! I get both sides of the argument but if people just stayed home it wouldnt come to this!

For all the people that thought this shit was a joke are you listening yet???

Then he's a defeatist. We either struggle and lose people in the process or do what is necessary.

--------------------

Take a look at my journal

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Darwin23] * 1
    #26564134 - 03/28/20 08:34 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

I ran the numbers based on the growth rate of deaths which have been pretty consistent for the past two weeks. These numbers are probaly set in stone for next 7 days. After that hopefully the social distancing measures will start to show up. First numbers are deaths per day and the second are totals. Day one is today and those are the reported numbers.

--------------------

Edited by koods (03/28/20 08:35 PM)

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
    #26564323 - 03/28/20 11:13 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

Those deaths don't have shit on the Chicago shootings on a weekend.

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: meltdowner] * 1
    #26564328 - 03/28/20 11:21 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

More people have died in NYC of Covid in the past week than were murdered in the city last year

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

#26564329 - 03/28/20 11:26 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

In what city?

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: meltdowner]
    #26564334 - 03/28/20 11:32 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

New York City

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

#26564335 - 03/28/20 11:33 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

500k die every year due to the flu.  COVID-19 is small potatoes.

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

#26564336 - 03/28/20 11:34 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

New York doesn't have nearly as many shootings as Chicago.

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: meltdowner]
    #26564341 - 03/28/20 11:38 PM (3 months, 6 days ago)

As of Monday, the Chicago Police Department had tallied 491 murders on the year. The total is down from the 579 recorded in 2018, the 670 in 2017 and the nearly 800 recorded in 2016. The Cook County medical examiner’s office, meanwhile, has found 510 deaths in Chicago in 2019 were homicides.

Chicago is getting better from when I lived there!

--------------------

OfflineStable Genius
.... in the loop
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #26564498 - 03/29/20 04:19 AM (3 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Stable Genius said:
as usual it's the idiot's that are ruining everyone's compliance.

:pink:

Quote:

Thirty-three medical professionals who landed at Sydney Airport on a flight from South America on Friday night disobeyed orders to go into quarantine at an airport hotel and instead headed to the domestic terminal to fly home, police say.

A NSW Police spokesperson said police officers assisted with health screening and NSW Health told a number of passengers to go into quarantine at designated hotels in Sydney. When police returned a short time later to serve public health orders, they found 33 of the quarantined passengers had left.

The spokesperson said the Australian Federal Police managed to locate six of the 33 in the domestic terminal and send them back to quarantine. But the remaining 27 were believed to have already departed interstate.

The relevant state or federal police will serve public health orders on those who absconded.

The 33 were part of a larger group of 77 medical professionals who had been attending a health convention on board the Roald Amundsen and Scenic Eclipse Antarctic cruises that were unable to berth in South America.

Those passengers were among 290 people who arrived at Sydney Airport at 11pm Friday night on two flights from Santiago, Chile.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/they-haven-t-listened-medical-professionals-skipped-quarantine-and-flew-interstate-20200328-p54esp.html

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #26564567 - 03/29/20 06:05 AM (3 months, 6 days ago)

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Invisibledbreeze
Stranger
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: meltdowner] * 1
    #26564654 - 03/29/20 07:29 AM (3 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

meltdowner said:
As of Monday, the Chicago Police Department had tallied 491 murders on the year. The total is down from the 579 recorded in 2018, the 670 in 2017 and the nearly 800 recorded in 2016. The Cook County medical examiner’s office, meanwhile, has found 510 deaths in Chicago in 2019 were homicides.

Chicago is getting better from when I lived there!

Your arguement is so so flawed! Ok i dont have the exact numbers of the  top of my head now ill look in a bit but basicly ny has had as many deaths from this already as you have murders in a year and shit is still climbing...you also have many thousands more in hospital. I have seen pics from inside hospitals where forget room space there are beds literly right on top of each other all over the hallways and around nursing station...1 pic showed about 20 beds with people in a hallway stacked so closely that nurses could barely walk by to even get to the people. That doesnt happen when shooting are spaced out over a year bottom line the hospitals dont know what the fuck to do! Maybe you should go google some pics and tell me if youve ever seen that many in the hospitals from shootings. Hospitals are transfering people from 1 to another cause they are so over loaded.

and thats only 20% of people that get infected. another 80% are at home sick. The people that arent sick are broken into 3 catagories right now you got people (mostly older wiser ones) that realize what this is and are staying in. then you got people that HAVE to go out and get things done. Then more people that are just being stupid (that could be infected and not know it) running around all over the place.

I hope this doesnt happen but i would like to see your response if you caught it and fought it off fine but happened to bring it home to your mother grandmother or kid and had them in the hospital. this thing attacks everyone yes but hurts the old and week or young and weak alot more. Look i had no clue at first it was going to be this bad and honestly if it was just me i probilly would be out more than i am. But i see this for what it is. I dont want to bring it home to family. Hey maybe its just you and you got no one else to worry about but that aint most

Dont get me wrong i see the argument that how long can these states and this country go on like this we need to get things going. But at the same time if everyone just went back to normal right now could you imagine that i can gaurentee that cases would climb a thousand % in 2-3 weeks and just get worse and worse from there

Trump has back pedaled on the quarantine. I guess when you have a governor saying its war on the states you think again. However has asked again people not travel and supposedly the governor will say more about this soon. RI had cops on the highways pulling over any car with NY state license plate. Honestly i dont blame them they are scared! That should tell you how bad things are when 1 state has cops pulling EVERYONE from another state over. I really hope people are starting to realize just stay home

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: dbreeze] * 2
    #26564904 - 03/29/20 09:48 AM (3 months, 6 days ago)

"Bringing the economy back is easier than bringing people back to Life"--Bill Gates.

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion