Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Next > | Last >
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: koods]
    #26601035 - 04/14/20 04:47 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

New York just added another 3700 deaths. People who died before they were diagnosed.

Another 2200 dead today in the US. We are a failed state. We had two months to prepare and we still ended up the worst hit nation.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Edited by koods (04/14/20 04:48 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #26601547 - 04/14/20 08:24 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

The scariest thing in all of this; I believe there will be a renewed interest in biological weapons throughout the world....particularly our enemies.

Forget nukes, IEDs, and AK47s...this shit impacted the US more than any recent military engagement. We were obviously unprepared and will be again when it happens.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #26601550 - 04/14/20 08:27 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Troof. Now that they know dump isn't good at handling this shit.

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #26601766 - 04/14/20 10:52 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

I don't think so.

Pretty sure I missed the forest for the trees. Maybe it isn't just incompetence. Seems to me that a decision was made back in January, and that decision meant that 3.4% of the US population was considered expendable when compared to the stock market.

Explains why the markets are up, after a relatively minor dip. People get their token checks in the mail, which come with drumpy tump's signature. Everyone is back at work next month, and for the next little while we get a 9/11 a day. Thing is, 2000-3000 people dying per day is horrible once or twice, but it becomes normal pretty quick. Just like mass shootings. People stop caring, because it's daily.

So, this relies on the stock markets recovering by November. Everything else is just PR. Plus, there's a ready made new scapegoat. Instead of Mexicans, we now have Chinese.

This is above dumpy's pay grade, though. He'd let it slip in a press conference if he knew.

Onlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
    #26601992 - 04/15/20 02:57 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
New York just added another 3700 deaths. People who died before they were diagnosed.

Another 2200 dead today in the US. We are a failed state. We had two months to prepare and we still ended up the worst hit nation.

We definately aren't a 'failed state'

I was reading about this on another site, and they brought up something important. The US's relatkvely poor response is somewhat attributable to one of our greatest assets: our physical geography. Americans dont have to deal with things like this often well places like Germany are surrounded by historically conflocting nations that are more of a threat to them than anything near us.
Our geography removes the problems almost every other nation has.
Its also a reason that we have such a panic when something like this happens.
Ping and trumptastic had a meeting earlier in the presidency where ping told trump that china is at our mercy and begged him to slow our inevitable separation.

we should feel for the people in china, especially the ones deluded by communist propaganda that dont see the terrible things coming for them.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: specialpeopleclub] * 1
    #26602115 - 04/15/20 05:24 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Also the average health of an American citizen doesn't help at all

Onlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26602147 - 04/15/20 05:58 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Excuse me? You mean our reserve energy? When we choose, we can release it all at once. Some call it 'cardiac arrest', those of us that believe in the bible call it  trancending your mortal form. Some of us even get a planet with our wives.
They say...:aweshit:

--------------------

OfflineStable Genius
.... in the loop
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay, Aus Flag
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: specialpeopleclub] * 2
    #26602274 - 04/15/20 07:41 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Rupert's team have been sinking the boot into the WHO as well as China this past week or so.

The Daily Telegraph and SKY News Aus tag teamed the CCP and gave them a taste of their own propaganda.

After publishing a redacted version of a press release in The Daily Telegraph, given to them by the Chinese Consulate in Sydney, the story was followed up by giving the journo/story air time on Sky News.

That's a pretty big F U to China.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius]
    #26603476 - 04/15/20 05:00 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

The US now has 1/3 of all the cases in the world with 1/20th the population. How is that not a total failure?

4800 dead in the past two days

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

OfflineStable Genius
.... in the loop
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: koods] * 1
    #26604378 - 04/15/20 11:04 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

If that was a question to me I think Trump's handling of this has been terrible. He wasn't interested in understanding this until it was too late.

The Coronavirus hoax is classic Trump as he manages to have an each way bet on the issue so he can
1. score cheap political points and
2. make out like he's across things (that's in Art of the Deal, the chapter on 'Covering Your Arse').

I also think he had bad information from the WHO, which came too late from China after they failed to keep this covered up.

OfflineStable Genius
.... in the loop
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #26607168 - 04/17/20 03:11 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

How do you make the public use a Coronavirus Tracing App?... don't make it mandatory.  :solidnod:

Quote:

How does the app work?
Scott Morrison told reporters on Thursday that the app, currently being vetted by the Australian Signals Directorate, would be similar to or based on the Singapore TraceTogether app.

That app works by using Bluetooth to record anyone you get close to who also has the app. The two apps exchange anonymised IDs, which are stored encrypted on phones and deleted after 21 days.

If someone is infected with coronavirus, authorities can upload the list of anonymised IDs for the past 14 days for contact tracing.

What personal data is collected?
The Singapore version of the app collects mobile phone numbers which are not sent to every user, just to the owner of the app and the health department for contact tracing.

The app also collects information about phone models and signal strength, and anonymised app analytics data.

Can it trace my location?
We haven’t seen the full detail of the government’s proposal, but the Singapore version does not record location.

Apparently 50% uptake is is enough to make it work. Which is fucking excellent as it doesn't require the involvement of whinging, whining, conspiracy nuts  :thumbup:

It will be interesting to see what the % of voluntary uptake is.

Should be available in 2 weeks, same as the one Singapore used.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26607222 - 04/17/20 04:55 AM (1 month, 13 days ago)

IMO it won't be voluntary. I have mixed feelings about what they are trying to do. They could monitor the virus without turning into Big Brother, but they probably will.

I don't think they can track me. I tried to register my direct deposit with IRS.GOV to get the check faster, and it didn't work because they couldn't verify my identity with a prepaid phone. I don't have a prepaid to be evasive. I pay a lot to have internet at home and I pay $25 every two months for tracphone. I can't afford to pay for good service on both.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

Mindfulness creates a space between stimulus and response

OfflineStable Genius
.... in the loop
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26607264 - 04/17/20 05:41 AM (1 month, 13 days ago)

I do the occasional drug deal but I'll still get the app.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #26607949 - 04/17/20 11:30 AM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Might end up being the reason I stop carrying a phone, actually.

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #26608073 - 04/17/20 12:31 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Stable Genius said:
How do you make the public use a Coronavirus Tracing App?... don't make it mandatory.  :solidnod:

Quote:

How does the app work?
Scott Morrison told reporters on Thursday that the app, currently being vetted by the Australian Signals Directorate, would be similar to or based on the Singapore TraceTogether app.

That app works by using Bluetooth to record anyone you get close to who also has the app. The two apps exchange anonymised IDs, which are stored encrypted on phones and deleted after 21 days.

If someone is infected with coronavirus, authorities can upload the list of anonymised IDs for the past 14 days for contact tracing.

What personal data is collected?
The Singapore version of the app collects mobile phone numbers which are not sent to every user, just to the owner of the app and the health department for contact tracing.

The app also collects information about phone models and signal strength, and anonymised app analytics data.

Can it trace my location?
We haven’t seen the full detail of the government’s proposal, but the Singapore version does not record location.

Apparently 50% uptake is is enough to make it work. Which is fucking excellent as it doesn't require the involvement of whinging, whining, conspiracy nuts  :thumbup:

It will be interesting to see what the % of voluntary uptake is.

Should be available in 2 weeks, same as the one Singapore used.

I dont even think they could make it mandatory...

--------------------
Obviously you don't know who the fuck I am. The names Cyrus, CYRUS. And I don't give a fuck who you are

Iam delusional and like to post fictional statements and nothing I say should be taken seriously

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: MagicMush123] * 1
    #26608223 - 04/17/20 01:56 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

The most likely system would not actually be a phone app. That's just how other countries have done it.

From what kushie's been plotting, it looks like the government is basically going to create a "national security" loophole in HIPPA, and require that all medical records get submitted to the government for tracking.

Technically, they can already use "national security" to look at patient records, but it takes place on a case by case basis and requires a judge to sign off. They're just going to remove the requirement for a judge to sign off and make all medical records open to the government upon request as part of a national database of health records.

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #26608267 - 04/17/20 02:18 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

The most likely system would not actually be a phone app. That's just how other countries have done it.

From what kushie's been plotting, it looks like the government is basically going to create a "national security" loophole in HIPPA, and require that all medical records get submitted to the government for tracking.

Technically, they can already use "national security" to look at patient records, but it takes place on a case by case basis and requires a judge to sign off. They're just going to remove the requirement for a judge to sign off and make all medical records open to the government upon request as part of a national database of health records.

Looks like we might have another case of the government using a crisis as a pretext for infringing on our rights... i don't like it

--------------------
Obviously you don't know who the fuck I am. The names Cyrus, CYRUS. And I don't give a fuck who you are

Iam delusional and like to post fictional statements and nothing I say should be taken seriously

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: MagicMush123] * 2
    #26608337 - 04/17/20 02:51 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Looks like we might have another case of the government using a crisis as a pretext for infringing on our rights... i don't like it

Then don't vote for republicans. Who was it that passed the PATRIOT Act?

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Kryptos]
    #26608351 - 04/17/20 03:00 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Im all for the maximum amount of rights and autonomy. But do you really think that if the Democrats had held office during 9/11 that the Patriot act wouldn't have been passed?

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: MagicMush123]
    #26608359 - 04/17/20 03:04 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Im all for the maximum amount of rights and autonomy. But do you really think that if the Democrats had held office during 9/11 that the Patriot act wouldn't have been passed?

Quote:

The next day, the Act passed the House by a vote of 357–66,[4] with Democrats comprising the overwhelming portion of dissent.

Yes.

Of course, it's all speculation, and speculation has a way of becoming rationalization.

"Well, Trump might not be great, but KILLARY WOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE! BUTTERY MALES! BUTTERY MALES!"

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion