Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | Next > | Last >
OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: mndfreeze]
    #27149000 - 01/15/21 02:54 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Yes. It's pretty depressing that everything was about getting the vaccine, and now that we got it at least for the most vulnerable, the federal government and other entities have failed miserably at rolling it out. I think the guy in charge of the country had completely different priorities. He calls it a fake news disease, or he calls it the Chinese flu. Either way there are millions of doses that should be in someone's arm that are sitting in cold storage. Trump's obsession with his lost election, and now getting revenge on the people he thinks failed him, are far higher on his list of things to do than Covid. There's no progress till he's gone. Biden may screw things up royally, but at least he will come in concentrating on this.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Brian Jones]
    #27149006 - 01/15/21 03:01 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I don't have a lot of hope for Biden specifically, but I do for the people and government in general wanting to get this shit over with.  Country is going to continue to be a fucking mess until we can get some basic disease control down.  Markets are screwed, people are out of work, dying, idiot anti-vax people abound.  Hopefully this year we make some good progress.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #27149019 - 01/15/21 03:21 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I hope so because I can't afford any more wedding deposits

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #27149036 - 01/15/21 03:37 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I feel ya.  You can always do what we did for some shroomerites back in the early days.  We had a shroomery wedding.  Vamp got ordained, people dressed up, Camping. It was nice and cheap as far as weddings go!  Then we partied. 

I'm trying to buy a house soon and  the markets are a fucking mess. Prices are sky high even though there are a massive amount of houses listed as in foreclosure or up for auction because of the covid protections, and lenders are being bitches.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #27149102 - 01/15/21 04:46 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
I don't have a lot of hope for Biden specifically, but I do for the people and government in general wanting to get this shit over with.  Country is going to continue to be a fucking mess until we can get some basic disease control down.  Markets are screwed, people are out of work, dying, idiot anti-vax people abound.  Hopefully this year we make some good progress.

Well, we keep relying on mask, social distance and lockdowns and we see how well that's working.

How about treating people instead of sending then hone for symptoms to worsen?

You really think diseases can be controlled?

Opps, almost forgot, insurance. With so many out of work, they probably lost insurance so hospitals turn them away when they can't pay.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Edited by HamHead (01/15/21 04:48 AM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: HamHead]
    #27149105 - 01/15/21 04:48 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

Has been done plenty of times before :shrug:

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: bodhisatta]
    #27149115 - 01/15/21 04:52 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

HamHead said:

Absolutely. Been done plenty of times before :shrug:

Right. Why no cure for cancer?

:pleasetellmemore:

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

Edited by HamHead (01/15/21 04:53 AM)

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: ballsalsa]
    #27149128 - 01/15/21 04:59 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
I hope so because I can't afford any more wedding deposits

My housemate lost $500 on his wedding deposit. It was supposed to be 300 people. I don't know how many people were there because I didn't go but it was whatever Illinois was allowing in June. Now after the third shutdown, my dive bar and hundreds of others are saying fuck it. They're  supposed to be worried about losing the liquor license vs obviously going under. Nobody is enforcing anything.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #27149158 - 01/15/21 05:53 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

HamHead said:

Absolutely. Been done plenty of times before :shrug:

Right. Why no cure for cancer?

:pleasetellmemore:

'Cancer' is not one thing.  There are many cancers and we do have treatments for lot of them.  Apples to Orangutans.

Plenty of diseases have been eradicated or heavily controlled with vaccines and health advancement.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Coronavirus Chat *DELETED* [Re: mndfreeze]
    #27149165 - 01/15/21 06:05 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Enlil

Reason for deletion: I've given you lots of leeway here, but antivax propaganda belongs in the conspiracy forum. 

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27149168 - 01/15/21 06:07 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

You URL failed.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#27149170 - 01/15/21 06:08 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
You URL failed.

Works for me.

:shrug:

Yup, just clicked it again.

--------------------

Edited by HamHead (01/15/21 06:09 AM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #27149191 - 01/15/21 06:32 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Dude doesn't know how to truncate URLs to remove all the tracking shit. It will only work for him it's some goofy duck duck moble site referral

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #27149192 - 01/15/21 06:33 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

After pulling the URL I was not surprised that it is of course, anti-vax nonsense.  https://preventdisease.com/news/10/102510_vaccines_did_not_save_us.shtml for anyone else on desktop that wants the easy clicky.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #27149309 - 01/15/21 08:17 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Pretty much a guessing game for how the future is going to roll out.  We may eradicate it well enough that eventually measures will stop, but there will be lasting changes regardless because of fear of a new virus coming along.  Something that really, we should have been clued in on anyway as virologists have been saying it was going to happen for a long long time. 

It may just mutate a fuck load and we never truly get rid of it and instead if becomes normalcy to combat it.  Masks may become a norm like you see in Asian countries where virus's are more common, we may have rolling yearly vaccines like how they do with the flu. 

It's pretty impossible to speculate though at this point as we can't even get the first stages down let alone the end game plan.

Good reply. Now here is another super good question:

Why do Asian countries not have a serious impact to their economy where its regular to just wear a mask all the time. Why is the US plagued by this mask wearing preventative measure? I feel the ignorance in the educated American populace where everything is built on education and wealth is astonishing. To say the least. Everyone thinks life will eventually return to normal and no one will have to wear a mask ever again.

To be honest being maskless would be a nice convenience in places where a population is not so forced and grouped and closed together. Outside in parks and concerts and at the beach etc. But inside grocery stores, airports, trains, buses and really crowded areas I believe mask wearing should be a standard and probably should have been for 100 years now.

I guess the problem with economics in the US is an overdependence and overindulgence on wealth and education to begin with etc. and yet you could not live in a more ignorant country where practical common sense is so meaningless. The issue with economics in America is economics in general. The rich use problems to their advantage to charge people more money and everyone else believes some stupid physical tangible reason is to blame until its so in their face that its an issue of disparity no one can refuse to fathom it anymore. In 2008 the unequal opportunity of who does and does not have housing became a crisis. In 2020 its covid 19. Total bullshit.

Some would probably even laugh at me right now even putting together "covid 19" and "economic crisis" in the same sentence. Anyone who can read a paragraph right now knows rich people are getting rich as hell. But jobs are for the extremely talented and lucky or otherwise is something someone acquires then loses like a basketball bouncing from one side of the court to the next.

But I would only imagine that mask wearing becomes a norm and the economy shapes itself around it in this day and age of horrible diseases. Covid is only one. There are tons of horrible plagues out there and I bet mask wearing has statistically dropped fatal cases of much worst diseases then covid since it was implemented. This of course is rarely discussed.

Anyone that that thinks their career endeavor will return when social distancing is not a norm to me is looking past the facts. First of all I know it sucks. Like anyone else in their 30s I have tried all sorts of jobs in my life. I very easily know that right now I would only be able to get 15/30 different jobs I have ever had and of course that is just a random example not counting but simply saying that half of any job I have ever done does not exist at the moment because you cannot perform such a job under social distancing measures.

Yes it sucks. But I don't think the social distancing is going away. The world has to function around social distancing protocols probably for quite some time now. It just is what it is. Or at least mask wearing. If less "distancing" is required but mask wearing is still mandatory I imagine its still a big step in the right direction. In a way that would not be too hard right? Same thing as before. Just wear a mask.

I don't really know the outcome of the future. I do hope as a best case scenario this is possible and soon. Transmission statistics show a severe drop in transmission and less preventative measures are needed. Masks still need to be worn. That is about it. No big deal. Right?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #27149311 - 01/15/21 08:19 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Well, we keep relying on mask, social distance and lockdowns and we see how well that's working.

How about treating people instead of sending then hone for symptoms to worsen?

Opps, almost forgot, insurance. With so many out of work, they probably lost insurance so hospitals turn them away when they can't pay.

Well yes

But if its untreatable what other measures are there?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27149333 - 01/15/21 08:35 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
After pulling the URL I was not surprised that it is of course, anti-vax nonsense.  https://preventdisease.com/news/10/102510_vaccines_did_not_save_us.shtml for anyone else on desktop that wants the easy clicky.

LMAO that link is fucking amazing. Ever single example shows an increase in life expectancy and a decrease in mortality, yet their conclusion is that medical professionals don't know what they are doing.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: christopera]
    #27149358 - 01/15/21 08:48 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Mask wearing in Asian countries in normalized primarily due to pollution, not disease. Japan is the only notable exception (that I know of) because just like in the US, the only valid excuse to miss work is your death.

But, overall, I think Covid is here to stay. It's gonna become one of those childhood diseases that everyone gets, and eventually, Covid vaccines are going to become part of the standard vaccination schedule for infants.

Invisiblewabbey
hey there
Male User Gallery

Loc: milky way-earth-new zealand
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27153389 - 01/17/21 12:13 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Take this nonsense to conspiracies and cover ups where it belongs

Edited by ballsalsa (01/17/21 12:44 PM)

Invisiblewabbey
hey there
Male User Gallery

Loc: milky way-earth-new zealand
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: wabbey]
    #27153396 - 01/17/21 12:16 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom