Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #26571796 - 04/01/20 08:44 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

That's not teue. People have been quarantined against their will. They are performing house checks for New Yorkers somenplaces.

The whole economic problem is a government order.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: specialpeopleclub] * 1
    #26571800 - 04/01/20 08:48 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Lol as if 5 million people dying in a three month period isn’t an economic problem

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #26571849 - 04/01/20 09:10 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:
That's not teue. People have been quarantined against their will. They are performing house checks for New Yorkers somenplaces.

The whole economic problem is a government order.

I googled what you were talking about this is from The Insider

"Basic contact information is collected and handed over exclusively to the RI Department of Health, where it is used to conduct health and wellness follow-ups and contact tracing should someone fall ill. This contact information is not handed over to any other agencies and is not kept by the Rhode Island National Guard."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/national-guard-police-house-checks-rhode-island-new-yorkers-quarantine-2020-3%3famp

What is so wrong with that now?

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

#26571888 - 04/01/20 09:31 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

The government shouldn't be checking on anyone that isn't a criminal.

--------------------

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

#26571891 - 04/01/20 09:32 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

They need to track a crazy outbreak of a virus.

--------------------

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

#26571900 - 04/01/20 09:38 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

You aren't committing a crime, you have the right not to be bothered by the government, in my opinion:shrug:
Being sick isn't a crime, just like going in public

--------------------

Edited by specialpeopleclub (04/01/20 09:38 PM)

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

#26571922 - 04/01/20 09:51 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Well, maybe the founders should have cleared up whats what about epidemics in the constitution. No one is being penalized or arrested or fined so im not sure how thia infringes on your right to life liberty but i guess if a tiny bit of someones day being wasted can be impeding their happiness for a brief time.

My brother is a quadreplegic and just had to fire an aide because he does door dash. Hes a hogh risk case if he gets it. He had a big list of other reasons, but the guy wasnt taking this very seriously and not washing his hands or disinfecting knobs at my brothers house etc... That dude could definitely have affected his pursuit of life adversely.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: specialpeopleclub] * 2
    #26571976 - 04/01/20 10:21 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:
You aren't committing a crime, you have the right not to be bothered by the government, in my opinion:shrug:

Tell that to Typhoid Mary.

Of course you think you’re special it’s right in your username

--------------------

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

#26572020 - 04/01/20 10:45 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Except there are plenty of people in the US who assimilate fine and get along with other people who bring their cultures here. The Irish even managed to!

The same logic about school shootings should be applied to immigration IMO.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 1
    #26572044 - 04/01/20 10:58 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #26572048 - 04/01/20 11:00 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:
So, it I'm not sick and I go outside I'm a terrorist?

Infected but Feeling Fine: The Unwitting Coronavirus Spreaders

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Perhaps I'm a bit vain, but I pay careful attention to my 'vote ups'.  Please feel free to 'vote up' a post that you like - I won't tell anyone.  :smirk:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: Kryptos]
    #26572050 - 04/01/20 11:01 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

A new world record. So much fucking winning.

I don’t know if I’m more impressed with being the country with the worst covid-19 outbreak, the 20% unemployment rate or the gdp growth of -25%

--------------------

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26572051 - 04/01/20 11:01 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

People are being fined for standing to close to others in the bay area.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26572052 - 04/01/20 11:02 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Honestly, I never understood suicide bombers. Why would you use something as crude as a bomb, when a single person intentionally infected with some shit could kill millions? Hell, this was the plot of a Resident Evil movie/game. Also 12 Monkeys.

It's not a new idea.

EDIT: I guess this also puts mass shooters somewhere around "amoeba" on the intelligence scale when it comes to mass death.

Edited by Kryptos (04/01/20 11:03 PM)

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

#26572081 - 04/01/20 11:14 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:
The government shouldn't be checking on anyone that isn't a criminal.

So if a persons house is on fire you think the government should be like, "We'd like to put the fire out, see if anyone is hurt, and warn them their fucking house is on fire but we wouldn't want to inconvenience them unless they're criminals."

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: Kizzle]
    #26572114 - 04/01/20 11:29 PM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Dr. Fauci has been assigned security due to death threats from Trump supporters.

Quote:

Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s top infectious-diseases expert and the face of the U.S. response to the novel coronavirus pandemic, is facing growing threats to his personal safety, prompting the government to step up his security, according to people familiar with the matter.

The concerns include threats as well as unwelcome communications from fervent admirers, according to people with knowledge of deliberations inside the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Justice.

Fauci, 79, is the most outspoken member of the administration in favor of sweeping public health guidelines and is among the few officials willing to correct President Trump’s misstatements. Along with Deborah Birx, the coordinator for the White House’s task force, Fauci has encouraged the president to extend the timeline for social-distancing guidelines, presenting him with grim models about the possible toll of the pandemic.

“Now is the time, whenever you’re having an effect, not to take your foot off the accelerator and on the brake, but to just press it down on the accelerator,” he said Tuesday as the White House’s task force made some of those models public, warning of 100,000 to 240,000 deaths in the United States.
Trump on Dr. Fauci: 'He doesn't need security, everybody loves him'
Anthony S. Fauci declined to comment on April 1 when asked whether he had been assigned a security detail. (The Washington Post)

The exact nature of the threats against him was not clear. Greater exposure has led to more praise for the doctor but also more criticism.

Fauci has become a public target for some right-wing commentators and bloggers, who exercise influence over parts of the president’s base. As they press for the president to ease restrictions to reinvigorate economic activity, some of these figures have assailed Fauci and questioned his expertise.

Sign up for our Coronavirus Updates newsletter to track the outbreak. All stories linked in the newsletter are free to access.

Last month, an article depicting him as an agent of the “deep state” gained nearly 25,000 interactions on Facebook — meaning likes, comments and shares — as it was posted to large pro-Trump groups with titles such as “Trump Strong” and “Tampa Bay Trump Club.”
Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, participates in the daily coronavirus task force briefing at the White House on March 31.
Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, participates in the daily coronavirus task force briefing at the White House on March 31. (Win Mcnamee/AFP/Getty Images)

Alex Azar, the HHS secretary, recently grew concerned about Fauci’s safety as his profile rose and he endured more vitriolic criticism online, according to people familiar with the situation. In recent weeks, admirers have also approached Fauci, asking to him sign baseballs, along with other acts of adulation. It was determined that Fauci should have a security detail. Azar also has a security detail because he is in the presidential line of succession.

Asked Wednesday whether he was receiving security protection, Fauci told reporters, “I would have to refer you to HHS [inspector general] on that. I wouldn’t comment.”

The president interjected, saying, “He doesn’t need security. Everybody loves him.”

HHS asked the U.S. Marshals Service to deputize a group of agents in the office of the HHS inspector general to provide protective services for the doctor, according to an official with knowledge of the request.

The U.S. Marshals Service conveyed the request to the deputy attorney general, who has authority over deputations for the purpose of providing protective services, with the recommendation that it be approved, according to the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to reveal sensitive plans that the person was not authorized to discuss.

A Justice Department official signed paperwork Tuesday authorizing HHS to provide its own security detail to Fauci, according to an administration official.

An HHS spokesperson declined to discuss details of the doctor’s security but said: “Dr. Fauci is an integral part of the U.S. Government’s response against covid-19. Among other efforts, he is leading the development of a covid-19 vaccine and he regularly appears at White House press briefings and media interviews.”

As Trump signals readiness to break with experts, his online base assails Fauci

At the briefings, Fauci, who has advised presidents of both parties as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has spoken authoritatively about the spread of the coronavirus and the sacrifices involved in mitigating its effects.

He has at times corrected the president, in particular when prompted by reporters. After Trump said a covid-19 vaccine would be available in a couple of months, Fauci said it would in fact be available in about a year to a year and a half, at best.

His role has turned him into a hero for some. When he was absent from a briefing last month, followers who had grown accustomed to his frank assessments of the outbreak were alarmed that he might have been sidelined for his forthrightness. Many took to Twitter to ask, “Where is Dr. Fauci?” causing the question to trend on the platform.

He gained viral attention two days later when he placed his hand in front of his face in a gesture of apparent disbelief as Trump referred to the State Department as the “deep state department” from the White House briefing room.

Fauci has also given several interviews in which he has tempered praise for the president with doubts about his pronouncements, including about the viability of anti-malarial drugs as a treatment for the novel coronavirus. Most notably, he told the journal Science that he attempts to guide Trump’s statements but “can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down.”

These moves have inspired fandom. But they have also drawn scorn from some of the president’s most vocal supporters, even as both men have sought to tamp down the appearance of tension.

“The president was right, and frankly Fauci was wrong,” Lou Dobbs said last week on his show on the Fox Business Network, referring to the use of experimental medicine.

Right-wing news and opinion sites have gone further, launching baseless smears against the doctor that have gained significant traction within pro-Trump communities online.

Outlets such as the Gateway Pundit and American Thinker seized on a 2013 email — released by WikiLeaks as part of a cache of communications hacked by Russian operatives — in which Fauci praised Hillary Clinton’s “stamina and capability” during her testimony as secretary of state before the congressional committee investigating the attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

The headline in the American Thinker referred to Fauci as a “Deep-State ­Hillary Clinton-loving stooge.” The author, Peter Barry Chowka, didn’t respond to requests for comment. When asked about the relevance of Fauci’s emails to his role in advising the White House’s coronavirus response, Jim Hoft, the editor of the Gateway Pundit, said, “I don’t have a problem with more information being shared about the doctor.”

The outlet has continued to criticize Fauci in recent days, saying that by offering new predictions about the possible death toll, Fauci and others were “going to destroy the U.S. economy based on total guesses and hysterical predictions.”

Several senior administration officials said that Trump respects Fauci and that the two generally have a good working relationship. Trump heeded the guidance of Fauci and Birx this week when he announced his administration would extend social-distancing guidelines for another 30 days. Last week, many health officials and experts grew worried when Trump said he hoped to reopen the country by Easter, even as coronavirus cases in the United States continue to rapidly climb.

The immunologist, who graduated first in his class from Cornell’s medical school, has been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. Between 1983 and 2002, he was the 13th-most-cited scientist among the 2.5 million to 3 million authors worldwide and across all disciplines publishing in scientific journals, according to the Institute for Scientific Information.

Edited by Kryptos (04/01/20 11:30 PM)

Offlineliving_failure
unworthy
Male

Loc: spain, madrid
Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: specialpeopleclub] * 3
    #26572345 - 04/02/20 02:05 AM (4 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:
So, it I'm not sick and I go outside I'm a terrorist?

If you could or could not have an illness that could make thousands of people to die just because you refuse to stay home kinda yes.

The problem is, a lot of people are carriers and never develop symptoms. So you can feel and be totally fine but kill people by going outside. Like Maria Tifoidea (typhoid Mary in English? Not sure).

I understand you have more freedom and rights that we do, but the risk of having the virus is higher than your right to roam free.

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

#26572569 - 04/02/20 06:16 AM (4 months, 4 days ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:

Also you realize the government's only real job is to protect its citizens right?

--------------------

Invisibledbreeze
Stranger
    #26572662 - 04/02/20 08:27 AM (4 months, 4 days ago)

Let me clear something up for what is going on in NY right now......IF you get sick your tested and quarantined in your house (or even a friends house you choose where!) IF the test comes back + you are to stay in that house for a certain period of time! IF its - your alowed out. NOW if you work close with people and your + everyone you work with is quarantined and tested same rules apply if your - your allowed out....My sister is in this position a worker has it so they asked her to stay in until her test comes back and they are NOT coming to her house and checking on her they call once a day and thats it. They are checking on people that do test + BUT that is because at the beginning of this a lady in upstate NY got tested + and she said she would stay home when they asked her...However she didnt she went to a event with a couple hundred people at the event they then had to track down all those people and test them. And multiple people showed up + and that town had a bit of a out break. Bottom line IF your + stay the fuck home! They are NOT quarantining random people only if your + OR had close contact to someone that test + Thats it!

NOW for regular people out and about they are allowed out but have to be spaced....say a cop walks into a subway and sees 5 empty cars and 30 people in one car the cop will tell people spread out IT IS ONLY IF YOU DO NOT LISTEN that you will be fined 250$ There arent alot of people out anyway so there is room enough to spread out....the cops are NOT just handing tickets out right away they will ask people to spread out first...OK now at parks and shit like that in NYC....They are allowing people to hang in the parks what they are NOT allowing is people being close together or contact sports for example there was people playing basket ball the cops asked them to stop and spread out....the next day everyone was back playing basket ball again and again the cops asked them to stop it happened a 3rd time so they took the basket ball hoops down (wich technically is city property anyway so they can)

THEY ARE NOT QUARANTINING RANDOM PEOPLE YOU CAN GO OUT JUST NO CROWDS LIKE I STATED ABOVE....NOw if your not "sick" YES you can go out but your just asked to stay 3 feet away from people THATS IT! your not a terrorist if your out and about if your not sick your allowed out you just cant have crowds....HOWEVER there was a group of kids coughing on food and like 300,000$ worth of food had to be thrown away and these kids video taped it at that point you are purposly putting others at risk and yes you should be arrested! One lady near me got in a fight with another in a grocery store and one lady spit in the other lady's face at that point your putting peoples lives in danger and yeh you should have a penalty. Bottom line NY is NOT again NOT quarantining random people only if your + and they should check like i said in the begining a lady tested + and they asked her to stay home and she agreed but then 2 days into her saying she would stay home she went to a event then others from that event that they had to track down tested + that is why they are now checking on people and depending on the situation most checks are phone checks they arent sitting outside your house watching you

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chathttp://facebook.com/ [Re: dbreeze] * 1
    #26572714 - 04/02/20 09:30 AM (4 months, 4 days ago)

But I thought that NYC was a communazi socialist hellhole where the people were so oppressed they had to ask the local police/Clinton for permission to poop?

(And somehow pays the bills of all the red states in the country)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion