Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepathoflight
Stranger

Loc: Japan
Flesh of the gods
    #315437 - 05/12/01 03:21 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I was really suprised when I read this. First of all , the Atztects called shrooms , the flesh of the gods. However I was surprised to read that the Greeks called it the flesh of the gods as well, not knowing that that name was already given. I checked some shamanic site and read that shrooms were called flesh of the gods because it let you go so beyond .....to a point where you could see god.

If anyone has any info ....tell me what you got.

--------------------
"WORD OF THA DOT"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroom Gecko
journeyman

Re: Flesh of the gods [Re: pathoflight]
    #316327 - 05/13/01 02:18 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Not sure of the exact quote, but didn't jesus at the last supper say somthing like, "take, eat, this is my body." Some people think that this last meal was mushrooms. Look for some books like, Mushrooms and Mandkind, and Mushrooms and the Cross, or maybe its Mushrooms on the Cross. Something like that. bluehoney.org has a lot of information on this.

InvisibleAgent Cooper
veteran

Loc: right behind you
Re: Flesh of the gods [Re: Shroom Gecko]
    #316447 - 05/13/01 06:43 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

What about mushrooms as the legendary mana of the Old Testament? Anybody subscribe to this theory?

OfflineShroom Gecko
journeyman

Re: Flesh of the gods [Re: Agent Cooper]
    #316515 - 05/13/01 08:30 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I do think they are "manna"

Offlinefrootloop
journeyman
Loc: Detroit, MI
    #316521 - 05/13/01 08:38 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms do let you "see" "god". You just gotta know how to look. Tip: GO OUTSIDE AT NIGHT NEAR WATER AND STARE AND LISTEN.

"Anything that grows from her is meant to be consumed in some way... what turns "drugs" bad is when it is touched by greed dirtied hands and processed"

--------------------
"Mental illness is the road to freedom"- PigFace

Here little Fungi I won't hurt you....

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
    #316756 - 05/14/01 07:08 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

the name isn't the only similarity there. the south american (aztec, maya, i can't remember) god Tlaloc wore a feathered serpent crown and carried a mushroom in one hand, i forget what he is supposed to have represented but the greek god dionysius also wore a rainbow feathered serpent crown. he was the god of mischief, wine and merrymaking or some such nonsense. ever heard of "ambrosia"? the stuff the greek gods all ate, known only as "the food of the gods", dionysius liked giving the stuff to everyone at his godly parties.

does it surprise any of you that the ancient greeks were fucked up on mushrooms? not me, all those brilliant ideas, just like so many other amazing cultures, south american, indian, hell it looks like every ancient kickass culture on the planet had a small minority of "priests" going out of their minds and bodies with powerful hallucinogenic plants.

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
Re: Flesh of the gods [Re: frootloop]
    #316893 - 05/14/01 12:20 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yeah nothing like straig at the sea at night .hey man have you ever starred at the SEA..On SHROOMS!!!!!!????????..
;)

it is like if you stand in front of the boarder to space/eternity..you can see that other site..
and if your lucky you can listen to the voices, talk to them

sometimes it gets so scarry/intese..that I ask them to guide me back to the lalla land....normally thea let me go then :)

before it gets that intense the sea noises get really loud, like s"iron" creams..really loud

nothing like the beach or woods..sitting at home just isn't the place to trip

http://www.tribesofgomorra.f2s.com
das deutschsprachige Z?chterforum
you haven't understood this? you don't have an ???? on your keyboard, huh ?

--------------------
i'm back

Anonymous

#320606 - 05/18/01 11:49 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

It is called that because a race of benevolent beings visited those civilizations and gave them the mushrooms. Telling them that it would enable them to see through their eyes, and become one with God. They were not God, of course, but to the civilizations they visited with these gifts, the humans saw these people as Gods, because of their advanced technology and mind powers. They are not God though. Just beings of God, just like us.

OfflineMrTechnoShaman
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: Flesh of the gods [Re: ]
    #320820 - 05/19/01 10:29 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

shrooms could of been the "manna" in the old testament because of the way "manna" was described. It was a round piece of "bread", but shrooms are quite similar in shape and color to bread buns.

---
Dream what you live and live what you dream

--------------------
---
Dream what you live and live what you dream

OfflineAZZI
Stranger

Re: Flesh of the gods [Re: MrTechnoShaman]
    #26539687 - 03/16/20 11:34 PM (4 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

MrTechnoShaman said:
shrooms could of been the "manna" in the old testament because of the way "manna" was described. It was a round piece of "bread", but shrooms are quite similar in shape and color to bread buns. <br><br>---
<br>Dream what you live and live what you dream

Pre-virus post.

Dream what you live.

--------------------
🌸🌸🌸

Offlinekitten6
hiker
Male

Loc: UK 0161
    #26540540 - 03/17/20 10:55 AM (4 years, 12 days ago)

they say that the mana in the ark of the covenant was mushrooms alongside the rod of some guy, the arc is either hidden in mount nebo, near in israel or the ethiopians have it. Or maybe it was stolen by the babylonians during the conquest.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: Flesh of the gods [Re: Anonymous]
    #26548585 - 03/21/20 10:31 AM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
It is called that because a race of benevolent beings visited those civilizations and gave them the mushrooms. Telling them that it would enable them to see through their eyes, and become one with God. They were not God, of course, but to the civilizations they visited with these gifts, the humans saw these people as Gods, because of their advanced technology and mind powers. They are not God though. Just beings of God, just like us. <br><br>

^^^^That!

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag