Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinephi1618
old hand

salmon on a grill
    #2654334 - 05/08/04 08:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sure this would work for other kinds of food:

Brine the fish - put it in a solution of plenty of salt and a bit of sugar, or other salty/sugary marinade. Just before you put it on the grill, add garlic powder and thyme, or any other combination of seasonings you prefer.
Fire up a few coals, put them on one side of the grill. put some wood chips (hickory is great) on the fiery coals - either soak them in water good before hand, or put them in a foil packet with some holes so they don't just catch fire but burn real slow.
Put your fish fillet(s) on a piece of foil, skin down, as far from the fire as possible. Keep the vents closed enough so it's really smoky inside. Wait 'till your fish is done - ideally, it should be well over an hour and the coals shoud burn completely.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: salmon on a grill [Re: phi1618]
    #2654565 - 05/08/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

another good way is.

soak a cedar board (about 2 cm thick)in water over night.put fish filet in olive oil and corse salt rub that all over. then put the fish on the board and place fresh pepper and cut up some onions. then put some maple syrup over the top. place in the BBq on med low for about a hour or untill desired doneness is ubtained.

that is very tasty all the nice cedar flavour and maple syrup absolutley great.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #2709755 - 05/21/04 03:55 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yet another way I like it is to marinate on both sides with some creole seasoning (or in its absence, a good lot of herbs and some cayenne pepper), mustard, salt, and lotsa butter (if preferred, salmon is often quite moist without the added butter.. but more butter = more fun!).

I've traditionally made this on a gas powered grill to allow for greater temperature control.  Make sure your grill is on its highest heat and has had time to really get hot, then slap the entire fillet (carefully) onto the grill, turning down the heat to low.  Close the lid and let'r simmer in there for a good 3-6 minutes (depending on thickness).  Flip over onto the other half of the grill - where, if possible, you could have kept the heat on the maximum setting to get another beautiful 'searing' effect on your fish.  Once you got it turned over, make sure the heat's on low again and the lid closed.. wait another 3-6 minutes or until its reached your desired doneness.

Recently in Oregon my sister and I found that serving homemade guacamole (one of these days I'll give ya a run down on my recipe) on top of this dish is quite tasty.  Pasta salad with halved grape or cherry tomatoes & parmesan, french bread, and white wine also compliment it well. :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2709873 - 05/21/04 04:55 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

On a slight tangent I like to make baked wasabi-mayo salmon with cherry tomatoes and a bed of onions.  Just spread a mix of wasabi and mayo on the salmon, slice the onions, lay on the salmon and bake it until flaky.  Goes great with whipped potatoes.  :laugh:

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing