Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart * 1
    #26540840 - 03/17/20 01:49 PM (4 years, 12 days ago)

DOJ drops charges against ‘Russian trolls’.

Looks like I won my signature bet that this case would be dropped.

I even had a thread that no one argued with because the lack of evidence was so obvious:

Quote:

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Mueller Scrambles To Limit Evidence After Indicted Russians Actually Show Up In Court
Quote:

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is scrambling to limit pretrial evidence handed over to a Russian company he indicted in February over alleged meddling in the 2016 U.S. election

Mueller probably didn’t see that coming – and the indictment itself was perhaps nothing more than a PR stunt to bolster the Russian interference narrative.

Politico’s Gerstein notes that by defending against the charges, “Concord could force prosecutors to turn over discovery about how the case was assembled as well as evidence that might undermine the prosecution’s theories.”

Concord then filed this memorandum.
Quote:

In this first-of-its-kind, make-believe case the Special Counsel now seeks to completely obliterate any remaining rights of Concord to defend itself, and in typical fashion provides only completely misleading case authority for the remarkable proposition that he should be able to continue to whisper secrets to the Court. Since the Special Counsel has already gotten away with this once as he notes in his Motion, this Opposition is likely fruitless, but object we must both for Concord and every other defendant to whom the Special Counsel believes the laws and rules of the United States no longer apply to his novel adventures. The Special Counsel has made up a crime that has never been prosecuted before in the history of the United States, and now seeks to make up secret procedures for communicating ex parte to the court which have never been employed in any reported criminal case not involving classified discovery.

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

New Studies Show Pundits Are Wrong About Russian Social-Media Involvement in US Politics
Quote:

Far from being a sophisticated propaganda campaign, it was small, amateurish, and mostly unrelated to the 2016 election.

The release of two Senate-commissioned reports has sparked a new round of panic about Russia manipulating a vulnerable American public on social media.

“The studies,” writes David Ignatius of The Washington Post, “describe a sophisticated, multilevel Russian effort to use every available tool of our open society to create resentment, mistrust and social disorder,” demonstrating that the Russians, “thanks to the Internet…seem to be perfecting these dark arts.” According to Michelle Goldberg of The New York Times, “it looks increasingly as though” Russian disinformation “changed the direction of American history” in the narrowly decided 2016 election, when “Russian trolling easily could have made the difference.”

However, 'The Nation' looked at the data in the report above and concluded that "on every significant metric, it is difficult to square the data with the dramatic conclusions that have been drawn."

- Political content was just 11% of the total content attributed to the Internet Research Agency (IRA)
- Only 7% of IRA's Facebook posts mentioned Trump or Clinton by name
- IRA’s Facebook spending between 2015 and 2017 was $73,711; $46,000 of which was spent on Facebook ads before the 2016 election
    (vs $81 million spent on Facebook ads by the Clinton and Trump campaigns)
- Russian-linked accounts spent $4,700 on Google ads

Quote:

The reports provide more evidence that the Russians were engaging in clickbait capitalism: targeting unique demographics to attract large audiences for commercial purposes.

Based on all of this data, we can draw this picture of Russian social-media activity: It was mostly unrelated to the 2016 election; microscopic in reach, engagement, and spending; and juvenile or absurd in its content.

Much more in the article about what a nothing burger Russia Gate really is.

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Oh, and there's this:
Quote:

While the 448-page Mueller report found no conspiracy between Donald Trump's campaign and Russia, it offered voluminous details to support the sweeping conclusion that the Kremlin worked to secure Trump's victory.

But a close examination of the report shows that none of those headline assertions are supported by the report’s evidence or other publicly available sources.

After two years and $35 million, Mueller apparently failed to uncover any direct evidence linking the Prigozhin-controlled IRA's activities to the Kremlin. His best evidence is that "[n]umerous media sources have reported on Prigozhin's ties to Putin, and the two have appeared together in public photographs."

...in a newly unsealed July 1 ruling, a federal judge rebuked Mueller and the Justice Department for suggesting that the troll farm's social media activities "were undertaken on behalf of, if not at the direction of, the Russian government." U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich said Mueller's February 2018 indictment "does not link the [IRA] to the Russian government"

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
That's a lot showing that Mueller provided misleading information in his report.

Of course, Mueller's done this before and that's why he's in the position he's in:

I was told to wait for the case against the troll farm to prove me right or wrong, and it just happened.

I was called a conspiracy theorist for providing evidence that went against the establishment media narrative.  Now we know who the real conspiracy theorists are.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26540888 - 03/17/20 02:15 PM (4 years, 12 days ago)

I'm going to watch CNN and MSNBC tonight, I'm sure they're going to apologize for spewing a false narrative non-stop for three years and misleading highly gullible people who bought into this obvious bullshit.

It's just another victory for Trump against The Establishment and MSM. Trump 2 and the MSM 0.

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

Loc: Bravos
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: qman] * 3
    #26540916 - 03/17/20 02:28 PM (4 years, 12 days ago)

Lol so not what happened.
They dropped the case against Buriama only, and only because of evidence being classified the day before...

Quote:

Prosecutors said they concluded that a trial, against a corporate defendant with no presence in the United States and no prospect of meaningful punishment even if convicted, would likely expose sensitive law enforcement tools and techniques, “potentially undermining their effectiveness.”

Ok maybe it wasn’t classified, but prosecutors cited “classification issues” that came up the day before they dropped the case.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: feldman114]
    #26541001 - 03/17/20 03:09 PM (4 years, 12 days ago)

Who's Buriama?

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

Loc: Bravos
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26541006 - 03/17/20 03:12 PM (4 years, 12 days ago)

Ok I fucked up. I meant Concord, but Burisma popped into my burnt out head :lol:

I’m saying the stuff you quoted about the IRA isn’t relevant because that case was not dropped. From the RT article:
Quote:

Concord was one of the three companies – the Internet Research Agency is another – and 13 individuals charged in February 2018

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: feldman114]
    #26541049 - 03/17/20 03:41 PM (4 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

feldman114 said:
Lol so not what happened.
They dropped the case against Buriama only...
I meant Concord

From the RT article:
Quote:

Concord was one of the three companies – the Internet Research Agency is another – and 13 individuals charged in February 2018

Concord is the parent company of The Internet Research Agency and the 13 individuals indicted.

It's over.

--------------------

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: qman] * 1
    #26541205 - 03/17/20 05:20 PM (4 years, 12 days ago)

If they do meantion it, they will imply it was because of the Corona!

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: SirTripAlot] * 3
    #26542867 - 03/18/20 03:19 PM (4 years, 11 days ago)

https://www.ibtimes.com/us-drops-case-against-russian-firm-accused-2016-election-meddling-2941168

Quote:

"The government has concluded that further proceedings as to Concord, a Russian company with no presence in the United States and no exposure to meaningful punishment in the event of conviction, promotes neither the interests of justice nor the nation's security," it said.

Quote:

Concord was the only one of 25 Russians and three Russian companies charged by Mueller to be brought to trial. The rest are considered out of reach of US law, but the charges against them -- including Prigozhin-- remain in place.

Concord maybe ff the hook but it doesnt mean Russia as a whole is innocent in election meddling.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26542945 - 03/18/20 03:57 PM (4 years, 11 days ago)

As I already said, "Concord is the parent company of The Internet Research Agency and the 13 individuals indicted" for troll farm activity.

The other 12 people were indicted for hacking the DNC emails.  So hacking the DNC emails is all that's left regarding Russian election interference.  Spying certainly isn't election interference, unless we know it was Russia who leaked the emails to Wikileaks.  But we don't know that.  We only know the following:

1.  The FBI never proved the Russian Government gave the emails to Wikileaks, even if they believe Russia hacked the emails.
2.  Julian Assange said he didn't get the emails from Russia.
3.  The FBI classified all their information about Seth Rich TOP SECRET.  Why?
4.  The FBI said they never checked Seth Rich's computer.  Why not???
5.  Seymour Hersh (the guy who exposed the My Lai Massacre and its cover-up) said a high ranking FBI official told him they found evidence on Seth Rich's computer that he had indeed been working with WikiLeaks.

Again (and I always have to say this), I'm NOT saying we know Seth Rich was the Wikileaks leaker.  I'm saying there is more evidence it wasn't Russia than there is that it was Russia.

Haven't you been tricked enough by the mainstream to begin questioning them yet?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #26543063 - 03/18/20 04:56 PM (4 years, 11 days ago)

I knew this was coming, but a great watch.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26543628 - 03/18/20 10:28 PM (4 years, 11 days ago)

I thought the election interfernece was Hillary!  :crazybeard:

Hey...where is Koodsy?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: starfire_xes]
    #26543635 - 03/18/20 10:34 PM (4 years, 11 days ago)

The DNC does election interference.  I remember billionaires calling for Tom Perez' resignation when Bernie was leading.  He fixed everything.

--------------------

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
    #26547149 - 03/20/20 05:04 PM (4 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Of course, Mueller's done this before and that's why he's in the position he's in:

I was called a conspiracy theorist for providing evidence that went against the establishment media narrative.  Now we know who the real conspiracy theorists are.

You certainly argued the point logically Falcon. Hats off to you sir :hatsoff:

Geez, I had no idea Muller was in on the WMD lie as well

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #26551983 - 03/22/20 10:21 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Crickets from all those people who called me the worst names because I didnt agree that Trump was a russian asset who only won because of russia spending 30k on some facebook ads.  Typical behavior of the hateful extreme left.

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: meltdowner] * 3
    #26552045 - 03/22/20 11:02 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Y’all are legit clowns to think this means there was no interference. 

Your ignorance is astounding.    All of the people involved in conducting these investigations are the same people who do whatever they can to cover shit up for Trump.  They’ve all been caught blatantly covering up information to portray a false sense of innocence while anyone with a brain can see through all of that.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: Big Worm]
    #26552114 - 03/22/20 11:40 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Big Worm said:
Y’all are legit clowns to think this means there was no interference. 

Your ignorance is astounding.    All of the people involved in conducting these investigations are the same people who do whatever they can to cover shit up for Trump.  They’ve all been caught blatantly covering up information to portray a false sense of innocence while anyone with a brain can see through all of that.

Do you have evidence not covered here?

--------------------

OnlineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #26552524 - 03/23/20 07:26 AM (4 years, 6 days ago)

Sounds like they dropped the case on a technicality, not lack of evidence. Kinda doesnt mean shit....

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Edited by Sulfurshelfsean (03/23/20 07:32 AM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 2
    #26552683 - 03/23/20 09:15 AM (4 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Sulfurshelfsean said:
Sounds like they dropped the case on a technicality, not lack of evidence. Kinda doesnt mean shit....

What technicality?  What "not lack of evidence"?

There was no evidence so they had to drop the case, it was so obvious that many people predicted they would be forced to drop it.

OnlineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26552774 - 03/23/20 10:17 AM (4 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
https://www.ibtimes.com/us-drops-case-against-russian-firm-accused-2016-election-meddling-2941168

Quote:

"The government has concluded that further proceedings as to Concord, a Russian company with no presence in the United States and no exposure to meaningful punishment in the event of conviction, promotes neither the interests of justice nor the nation's security," it said.

This doesnt mean that there was no evidence. Only that nothing meaningful can be done about it.

--------------------

OnlineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: Russian Election Interference Narrative Falls Apart [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #26552782 - 03/23/20 10:21 AM (4 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

Quote:

This doesnt mean that there was no evidence. Only that nothing meaningful can be done about it.

They also site not wantong to expose respurces used in the investigation. A lame excuse for sure dont get me wrong.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom