Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Coir, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMycelia
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gaseous blob Flag
1st Monotub: Am I ready to go to fruiting yet? Or hold off?
    #26536188 - 03/15/20 09:52 AM (11 months, 7 days ago)

Hi there,

Colonized a bunch of UB bags, got some lovely mycelium growing, and last week crumbled the bags in some field-capacity coco coir in a modified mono, mixed it up well, taped over the holes, put some blankets around and waited.

Opened Friday and took pics Friday, Saturday, Sunday (this morning).

I'm thinking I should wait another couple of days until I start seeing some hyphal knots, doesn't look like there are any yet, still just looks like nice healthy mycelium coursing through the coir.

Any opinions? Should I just force through to fruiting already?

I'm also still debating whether to go micropore tape on the lower holes, or polyfill. I have both at home already. It's a fairly big tub. It's a warm & dry environment with a fan nearby, also a humidifier is available. I've got a lot of resources at my disposal and I'm starting a 2 week + self-quarantine so I've got time on my hands! Working from home too.

Hope everyone is home safe with their families and loved ones! Peace.

Sunday (today):

Saturday:

Friday:

--------------------
:jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGrungeman17
Male

Loc: usa Flag
Re: 1st Monotub: Am I ready to go to fruiting yet? Or hold off? [Re: Mycelia]
    #26536233 - 03/15/20 10:20 AM (11 months, 7 days ago)

Looks like that last little bit is colonizing you would punch yourself in the face if thats where your your contams started. I can see growth pattern from fri-sun so its still colonzing and proably hasnt consolidated you may be feeling the anxiety because your so close, but my advice is wait a little longer, I case all my tubs so I would be adding my casing layer about now most likely wait for some poke throughs and pull the triggers.

--------------------

OfflineMycelia
Female User Gallery

Re: 1st Monotub: Am I ready to go to fruiting yet? Or hold off? [Re: Mycelia]
    #26536234 - 03/15/20 10:20 AM (11 months, 7 days ago)

I am going to hold off...

--------------------
:jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish: :jellyfish:

OfflineMycelia
Female User Gallery

Re: 1st Monotub: Am I ready to go to fruiting yet? Or hold off? [Re: Grungeman17]
    #26536254 - 03/15/20 10:29 AM (11 months, 7 days ago)

Thanks a bunch!!!

Question for you:

My mono's at 24C (about 75F) and in a fairly dry environment, I've got a fan on low nearby (not directed at the mono) and I've got my 6500K lights on/off 12h/day. Should I go micropore tape over the lower holes, or polyfill? Pls say micropore bc polyfill looks like it could be annoying. TIA

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Coir, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started