Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >
InvisibleParti
searching for subs
 User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AsanaLion]
    #26715884 - 06/03/20 06:06 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I've got enough for myself now this season so I am out there scouting for new spots and just picking the most choice specimens I see now. Lots of other pickers out there, I saw a few others today towards the end of the day and said hello briefly as we glanced at each others picking bags :laugh:
I saw a lot of evidence of pillage today, whole areas that I left abundant a few days ago had been stripped back to nothing but a few pins now today. I am happy to share and believe in finders keepers for sure but please leave a few behind for the forest to replenish. I'll be out there actively putting spores back now even more after seeing this today and I encourage others to do the same :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AsanaLion]
    #26716006 - 06/03/20 07:31 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

See them. Legal.
Take pictures of them. Legal.
Touch em rub em or lick em. Legal.
Possess them. Illegal as all shit... especially if they prove intent to sell..

Stupid really.

It's so stupid that it's really hard to write a definitive law about.
Let's say it grows In your garden?
Let's say you get some on your shoe?

When you make a naturally occurring substance  like a mushroom illegal...It's already murky at best.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Offlinebenjarmin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: pineninja]
    #26717029 - 06/03/20 03:08 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

It's murky in NZ too. Technically, harvesting them is regarded as cultivation, even if it's a wild patch. Consequences really seem to depend on the cop that pulls you up.

Offlinesenez
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: pineninja]
    #26718141 - 06/04/20 12:28 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pineninja said:
Touch em rub em or lick em. Legal.

Speaking about touching, as I found my 2nd lot and did not want to mix them up with first. You know paranoia that they are different types. I was walking around with a couple in my hands for about an hour.  I felt bit funny and then had crazy lucid dreams that night.

Can special stuff be absorbed through the skin?

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: senez]
    #26718325 - 06/04/20 04:11 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

The age old.

Theoretically yes.
Though in trace amounts probably not enough to have an effect.

Maybe it was the musrhrooms or perhaps a good walk in beautiful surrounds was the trigger.

Either way the rainbows beautiful without an explanation needed.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineAsanaLion
Scallywag

Loc: SA Flag
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Parti] * 1
    #26718511 - 06/04/20 07:00 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Parti said:
I've got enough for myself now this season so I am out there scouting for new spots and just picking the most choice specimens I see now. Lots of other pickers out there, I saw a few others today towards the end of the day and said hello briefly as we glanced at each others picking bags :laugh:
I saw a lot of evidence of pillage today, whole areas that I left abundant a few days ago had been stripped back to nothing but a few pins now today. I am happy to share and believe in finders keepers for sure but please leave a few behind for the forest to replenish. I'll be out there actively putting spores back now even more after seeing this today and I encourage others to do the same :heart:

I'm outies for now as well, never thought I'd see over a thousand subs in 2 days but thats what happened. 300+ prints of spore water and many stem butt cardboard teks to give back to the forest.

--------------------
Define me as a spirited harmony, sung out by a pirate band of atoms,
stirred up in a dance of gravity and abandon,
and dropped into the minds eye of velvet skies

Offlinefrunco
Adventurer
 User Gallery

Loc: South Australia
    #26718673 - 06/04/20 09:10 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Northern spots providing some goods today :smile:

Saw another hunter on the way out and had a quick chat.

--------------------
Psychedelics prove to you that there’s more than one way of seeing the world

InvisibleParti
searching for subs
 User Gallery

#26719534 - 06/04/20 04:06 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AsanaLion said:
Quote:

Parti said:

I'm outies for now as well, never thought I'd see over a thousand subs in 2 days but thats what happened. 300+ prints of spore water and many stem butt cardboard teks to give back to the forest.

I'm really glad to hear that you had such a successful season and you are taking spore back. I was inspired by your suggestion to make spore water. I went ahead and made some yesterday from a few batches of prints. The plan today is to scout new spots, take only pictures and leave behind the spores..cheers

OfflineAsanaLion
Scallywag

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Parti] * 1
    #26720028 - 06/04/20 07:13 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Parti said:
I'm really glad to hear that you had such a successful season and you are taking spore back. I was inspired by your suggestion to make spore water. I went ahead and made some yesterday from a few batches of prints. The plan today is to scout new spots, take only pictures and leave behind the spores..cheers

Nice! Me too, gonna take the puppy dog out for an adventure and spread some spores. She loves being amongst the subs

Edit: btw have you heard of the droplet tek for spore prints? After putting all my caps face down I put a single droplet of water on the centre of each cap (i just use the butt wooden skewer to drop it on). This I guess signals to the cap that its raining and thus a good time to release spores. Either way it'll get you thicker prints faster.

--------------------

Edited by AsanaLion (06/04/20 07:18 PM)

OfflineFATY
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26720577 - 06/05/20 12:04 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

First time checking back in here for a while. Awesome to see the finds you guys habe had. I work away and have missed the last few weeks at home. Hoping to get out for a look later today and over the weekend. Hopefuly there's still plenty popping up around the place?
Take it easy 👌

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: FATY]
    #26723346 - 06/06/20 04:24 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Suburban Patch:

Hills patch:

Both decimated. Last time i found patches was in '18 and the same thing happened. Feel like quitting to be honest. Big blow to me, was expecting some nice photos, but just as season starts to peak, they get raped and vandalised.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Offlinesenez
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: OOISI]
    #26723399 - 06/06/20 05:29 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Evening

Went out for 3rd time down south after my newbie's luck on 2nd stroll. Felt like hot shit. Well, nothing today. After re-reading all info clearly looking into way dense areas.

Tomorrow looking at more grassy patches. Looked up some spots on google.
How do you know if the land is private or not? I am looking around the deep creek area if no houses around for miles is it ok to visit?

InvisiblebobwastakenS
under construction
 User Gallery

#26723421 - 06/06/20 05:51 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

senez said:
I am looking around the deep creek area if no houses around for miles is it ok to visit?

Not if you want an angry landowner on your case or sheep dog dissecting your glutes. Check the online maps for park borders. There's also plenty of forestry to keep you busy. Assume all else is private property and you'll be fine.  Hope you have a fruitful hunt:thumbup:

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bobwastaken] * 2
    #26723436 - 06/06/20 06:13 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

General rule of thumb:
Are there fences?
If there are fences is there gates indicating access to the public?

If the answers are yes than no, than it is likely private property.

Couple pics from today:

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

OfflineAsanaLion
Scallywag

#26723461 - 06/06/20 06:46 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OOISI said:
Suburban Patch:

Hills patch:

Both decimated. Last time i found patches was in '18 and the same thing happened. Feel like quitting to be honest. Big blow to me, was expecting some nice photos, but just as season starts to peak, they get raped and vandalised.

Quote:

senez said:
Evening

Went out for 3rd time down south after my newbie's luck on 2nd stroll. Felt like hot shit. Well, nothing today. After re-reading all info clearly looking into way dense areas.

Tomorrow looking at more grassy patches. Looked up some spots on google.
How do you know if the land is private or not? I am looking around the deep creek area if no houses around for miles is it ok to visit?

They're out there in the thousands my friends.
Dont give up, this season 'my spot' is empty of shrooms and a million people know about it now so I am rarely picking there alone.. different story 3 years ago. 'my' other spot has a thousand subs in it right now probably, but they get black rot or die to insects immediately. Thats how this season kicked off for me, of the two spots I knew that held mushrooms reliably one was picked out daily and one was unpickable. So this season became about finding new spots, spore printing as much as possible and making mycelium cardboard to bury around etc. I got lucky, I found 3 new spots that produced immense amounts of fruits in response to the early favourable conditions. But I only got lucky and found em because I treated picking like the adventure it is, and I was exploring locations for 5 hours at a time. Don't give up, keep ya heads up, you wont see em if you aren't looking after all

On the topic of private property, I have jumped fences for shrooms before but its something I try to avoid. It adds an element of risk to an already illegal activity. I have a rule of trying to only do one illegal thing at a time. Things get riskier the more layers you add 😂

--------------------

Edited by AsanaLion (06/06/20 08:33 AM)

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut

Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AsanaLion] * 1
    #26723496 - 06/06/20 07:22 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AsanaLion said:
Quote:

OOISI said:
Suburban Patch:

Hills patch:

They're out there in the thousands my friend. Gotta get the legs moving.

I have done the leg work. I found 2 patches in 18 and another 2 in 20 after much driving around and leg work. I expressly sought out areas that were not 'popular grounds' for the sake of photographing this beautiful species. All were nice patches for this purpose, all of them showed signs of picking 1-2 trips after my initial discovery. Excuse me for being disheartened after my labours were seemingly defecated upon. Ive also had several areas stop fruiting and others burnt in fires. Ive hunted on and off since '04. Ive complained like an idiot in the past, but now ive shown evidence of reason for my complaint. The suburbs patch was picked and dug up, much of the mycelium was dug up. The hills patch was picked quite clean and the bark with mycelium was upturned which will cause damage to the patch.

No, it will seemingly take stars to align for me to find an area with very good photography prospects where 'destroyers of nature' will not find.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

OfflineAsanaLion
Scallywag

#26723608 - 06/06/20 08:37 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OOISI said:
Quote:

AsanaLion said:
Quote:

OOISI said:
Suburban Patch:

Hills patch:

They're out there in the thousands my friend. Gotta get the legs moving.

I have done the leg work. I found 2 patches in 18 and another 2 in 20 after much driving around and leg work. I expressly sought out areas that were not 'popular grounds' for the sake of photographing this beautiful species. All were nice patches for this purpose, all of them showed signs of picking 1-2 trips after my initial discovery. Excuse me for being disheartened after my labours were seemingly defecated upon. Ive also had several areas stop fruiting and others burnt in fires. Ive hunted on and off since '04. Ive complained like an idiot in the past, but now ive shown evidence of reason for my complaint. The suburbs patch was picked and dug up, much of the mycelium was dug up. The hills patch was picked quite clean and the bark with mycelium was upturned which will cause damage to the patch.

No, it will seemingly take stars to align for me to find an area with very good photography prospects where 'destroyers of nature' will not find.

I'm sorry to hear. I understand the elements of pain that come along with finding a place you loved and cared for essentially decimated.
When it happens to me I try to remind myself I don't own the mushrooms or the land they grow from, or the knowledge of that they grow, or even really the experience of picking them. Its all just a pretty groovey privilege in the first place.

But I can't judge you whatsoever because I was upset as fuck at the start of the season over the exact same shit so hey ❤️

--------------------

Edited by AsanaLion (06/06/20 08:39 AM)

Offlinesenez
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Official South Australia Actives Season 2020 ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bobwastaken] * 2
    #26724451 - 06/06/20 03:51 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bobwastaken said:

Not if you want an angry landowner on your case or sheep dog dissecting your glutes. Check the online maps for park borders. There's also plenty of forestry to keep you busy. Assume all else is private property and you'll be fine.  Hope you have a fruitful hunt:thumbup:

I have been only around forest areas with signs of public access and stopped at the fence. Yesterday I was in a forest that had old barb wire on the ground and rolls rusting away :frown:.

I was born in the EU, on that side of the world ppl who own forests must provide access to the public to go top. You can pick up berries, mushrooms, and walk.  You cant go chop down trees, but forests have to have public access.

Edited by senez (06/06/20 06:10 PM)

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut

#26724903 - 06/06/20 07:47 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AsanaLion said:
I'm sorry to hear. I understand the elements of pain that come along with finding a place you loved and cared for essentially decimated.
When it happens to me I try to remind myself I don't own the mushrooms or the land they grow from, or the knowledge of that they grow, or even really the experience of picking them. Its all just a pretty groovey privilege in the first place.

But I can't judge you whatsoever because I was upset as fuck at the start of the season over the exact same shit so hey ❤️

If it was respectful hunters that collected the mature specimens and left the immature, who didnt uproot or 'turn upside down' the patch i wouldnt be so butthurt. Id still be able to get nice pictures, and the part of this hobby that keeps me going is taking the best possible photographs i can. These patches both had potential for close growing mushrooms/clusters.

Ive heard of stupid rumors going about Adelaide of rolling over logs, picking up branches etc to find mushrooms. If that works it would be only pins, which shouldnt be picked anyway and as a result unnecessary damage is caused to the environment and patch.

Its true we dont own them, as for the ownership of land i paraphrase/quote the bible "The fruits of the Earth belong to us all, and the Earth itself to no one". I also think when it says were given seed bearing plants and trees is that we are to treat them respecfully, as you would treat a gift.

Quote:

senez said:
I was born in the EU, on that side of the world ppl who own forests must provide access to the public to go top. You can pick up berries, mushrooms, and walk.  You cant go chop down trees, but forests have to have public access.

Wow, that is amazing!

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Offlinegaussflayer
Scatterday PR/BL mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Australia Flag
    #26725009 - 06/06/20 08:30 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

How long do we have left of the season?

A few weeks or so ago i remember coming here and it had just kicked off. It's surprising to see so many subs out and around. We haven't had much rain lately and my spots are pretty dry.

--------------------
The best form of harm reduction is prevention.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract