Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeathcapforcutie
 User Gallery

I love the smell of Lysol in the morning...
    #26532316 - 03/13/20 10:56 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Lysol and alcohol, man.  When I smell that the SAB is out and I'm setting up my work, getting ready to grow something cool.  It was the end of January the first time I injected spores through the lid of a jar.  Now I've got seven jars of agar-inoculated bird seed ready to shake (generation two) and I'm getting ready to do the first agar transfers from a clone that I took from my first harvest.

And now I have more fruit piling up than I know what to do with but the cultivating has become the goal here.  I have a LONG way to go but I can't believe what's happened in a month and a half.
Anyway, much thanks to the hundreds and hundreds of posters that made it possible.  And if you're a newb like me (over even newbier) get your ass down to the friggin Asian market and get a couple packs of agar if you haven't started that yet.  It's not hard.  In fact I guess the point is that you can see the imperfections and remove them one by one instead of just rolling the dice.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShquonk
Prof. Mushroom Grower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: I love the smell of Lysol in the morning... [Re: deathcapforcutie]
    #26532320 - 03/13/20 10:58 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Awesome! Congrats on all you success and keep up that motivation. I wish you the best of luck throughout the rest of your journey!

--------------------
Ain't that just the way.

Offlinetonz0Funguy
Male

Loc: 420 yellow brick road
Re: I love the smell of Lysol in the morning... [Re: deathcapforcutie]
    #26532335 - 03/13/20 11:14 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

hell yeah man good job!! I know what to do with them fruits eat em!!! I wish I wouldve taken a clone from my 1st grow but i ate them all before I thought about it and then I had a non producing phenotype and I expanded a bunch of it what a waste of time It was niice and rhizo the myc turns into like a rubber would be great for making tires lol.  Im on my 2nd grow re-starting from spore this time was just dumb I should've cloned but expected fruits well ya live and learn so i cloned my fisrt one this time. I love this hobby it is very rewarding. If you can also wipe with vinegar then peroxide wipe with one then the other do not mix them though.

--------------------
"The search bar is a oracle"

Offlinedeathcapforcutie
 User Gallery

Re: I love the smell of Lysol in the morning... [Re: Shquonk]
    #26532363 - 03/13/20 11:41 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shquonk said:
Awesome! Congrats on all you success and keep up that motivation. I wish you the best of luck throughout the rest of your journey!

Thanks bud...much appreciated!

Offlinedeathcapforcutie
 User Gallery

Re: I love the smell of Lysol in the morning... [Re: tonz0Funguy]
    #26532374 - 03/13/20 11:47 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tonz0Funguy said:
hell yeah man good job!! I know what to do with them fruits eat em!!! I wish I wouldve taken a clone from my 1st grow but i ate them all before I thought about it and then I had a non producing phenotype and I expanded a bunch of it what a waste of time It was niice and rhizo the myc turns into like a rubber would be great for making tires lol.  Im on my 2nd grow re-starting from spore this time was just dumb I should've cloned but expected fruits well ya live and learn so i cloned my fisrt one this time. I love this hobby it is very rewarding. If you can also wipe with vinegar then peroxide wipe with one then the other do not mix them though.

Oh man...more than I can eat!  And they keep coming.  I didn't use vinegar or peroxide when I took that clone, I used nothing.  Alcohol all over my gloves so maybe some high-flying germs got zapped.  That's why I took four samples and only the one in that picture was clean.  The other three were tainted almost beyond help.
It really is rewarding.  And the worst part of that is that I only share that with two other people in "real life."  Even one friend ate some of my fruits and really liked them but I didn't take a bit of credit.  (Not that mother nature didn't do all the real work but I figured out how to sterilize jars and hydrate coir, lol.)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started