Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlinefaerie
Female

Loc: cloud 9
Re: Favorite Dead song [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #26520824 - 03/06/20 03:22 PM (4 years, 23 days ago)

I'm the daughter of Deadheads, my daddy has deadbears circling his arm.

I'm the girl with rings on her fingers & bells on her shoes, obviously into the blues, Scarlet Begonias tucked into my curls, certainly not like other girls.

I'd only turn you over to the feds if you did something equally as fucked up to me, tho.

Serious joke played on me by the world never allowing me to be at one of their shows, I had their 1972 Veneta, OR show on DVD, I'd watch that beauty on repeat, even though there was a man swinging his dick above the stage for most of the show...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblestagger
 User Gallery

Re: ***The New Official Grateful Dead Music Thread***** [Re: sui]
    #26522836 - 03/07/20 08:25 PM (4 years, 22 days ago)

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Favorite Dead song [Re: faerie] * 2
    #26523667 - 03/08/20 09:50 AM (4 years, 21 days ago)

:rofl: that clip is ingrained into my head. Cannot unsee. The last time I saw all the surviving members together was at Rothbury 2009. Not a great show by them, but then again it’s never been the same since Jerry died & none of the post-Jerry shows I caught were all that great tbh. Lacked the magic for sure. I’m also a bit too young to have caught them before he died, so it was worth it for the experience. But anyway, I’d eaten a bunch of paper, and was also dope sick at the time so I got restless & wandered from the shroomery crew trying to work out the restlessness. Saw a group of young girls in hippie garb looking shocked & amused. They looked at me, looked away, then back at me, then away to the same place. I followed their gaze & saw a couple giant, dreadlocked, bearded & overall hairy hippie dudes hula hooping butt naked. Dicks helicoptering around & all. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinefaerie
Female

Loc: cloud 9
Re: Favorite Dead song [Re: Dark_Star]
    #26523953 - 03/08/20 01:28 PM (4 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Dicks helicoptering around & all. :lol:

oh my god :laugh2:

OfflineDancing with Bears
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 1984
Re: Favorite Dead song [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #26529488 - 03/11/20 05:06 PM (4 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

bertblack said:
Been hesitant to explore the 90's stuff because I love 70-74 alottt. Chucked on Dick's Picks vol 17 and it's bangin! Good vibes :sunny:

Drums -> Space Jam -> That Would Be Something is an epic sequence!

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
Quote:

Dancing with Bears said:
I spent my entire life trying to own a restaurant.... Trying to own someone elses restaurant.... Now I live in a trailer with 3 kids 3 cats and 1 wife...
Ive given up the life goals to take better care of the little boogers. Ive traded 40 hours a week for 120 miles a day of driving to therapy and back. 3 hours 2 days a week of dance lessons. Some times it feels like its worth it. Sometimes it feels like giving up on life. Some times I tell the truth... Sometimes I lie.... I almost never take Casey Jane's name in vane. I've only done cocaine once in my life in 2009. It was my 18th birthday. I still will never take Casey Jane's name in vane.
Its 1:03 am. I'm pitch drunk. I'm typing nonsense into an old thread about favorite songs. Maybe the songs aren't dead. Maybe they are just grateful to have ever been sung.
I love you. Like you love you.
Rest of you too. Even the ones that aren't the twos. Know what i mean? I sure don't. God speed.

Please DO NOT give up on your dreams. This one is completely attainable. Just start small and invest any money you make back into your business. Here is an example of how I would do it. Get a large barrel smoker and start selling ribs, tri-tip sandwich, and brisket to neighbors on the weekends. Include the kids for cheap labor and extra tips! Maybe put it on a trailer and sell at the beach or parks, maybe even at Homedepot. Give good deals, be extra nice, and have them to tell their friends. That word of mouth will get you more customers and will also give you a customer base. Next get a food truck, and then work into a restaurant if you still want more.

If you smoke it, they will come!

I know a few people who opened restaurants and this is how they did it. We also have a popular thing in my area called a pop-up restaurant, that could help you. What kind of restaurant do you want?

Back on topic. I can't get the song Good Lovin out of my head. Not a bad song to have on repeat. It could be that Macarena or some shit. Someone told me of a local Dead show on Wednesdays near me. I think I need a dose of the Dead. Might go in a couple days if I still have the bug, and the energy,

I havn't given up on my dreams they just changed. I went vegan about a year before I left the steak house. Now I grow gourmet mushrooms for a living and get to spend WAYY more with my wife/kids. I was Feeling a funny kind of way when I wrote all that. Didnt mean to sound depressed and ungrateful. Some times I feel like the guy who gave his last cent to the dead man's grave. Today I feel blessed.

--------------------

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: Favorite Dead song [Re: Dancing with Bears] * 1
    #26530417 - 03/12/20 07:41 AM (4 years, 17 days ago)

Grateful to see a Dead post in the pub. That was one of the reasons I recall finally signing up years ago. They always hold a special place in my memory. I have a four month old, and haven't gotten to any live music in nearly a year. I need it.

:jamming::gd_icon:

listening to an Eleven from 17 Apr 1969 at the moment.

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Edited by C20H25N3O (03/12/20 07:42 AM)

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite Dead song [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #26530865 - 03/12/20 11:54 AM (4 years, 17 days ago)

:wave: hey man, great to seeya around. Congrats on fatherhood!

--------------------

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: Favorite Dead song [Re: Dark_Star]
    #26530926 - 03/12/20 12:21 PM (4 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
:wave: hey man, great to seeya around. Congrats on fatherhood!

Thanks man. I'm around, but generally lurk the vets lounge and less regularly the pub. Its been a busy 18 months. Got Married, bought a house, and started a family. Its nice to see some familiar faces around here. Hope things are well with you.

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite Dead song [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #26530943 - 03/12/20 12:28 PM (4 years, 17 days ago)

That’s dope man, congrats! :highfive:

--------------------

Invisiblestagger
 User Gallery

Re: ***The New Official Grateful Dead Music Thread***** [Re: sui]
    #26546149 - 03/20/20 08:58 AM (4 years, 9 days ago)

Onlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: ***The New Official Grateful Dead Music Thread***** [Re: stagger]
    #26548944 - 03/21/20 01:31 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Just downloaded the 13/02/1970 Fillmore East and 06/08/1974 Hollywood Palladium shows, giving them a whirl. They sound pretty damn good so far :feelsgoodman:

--------------------

Invisiblestagger
 User Gallery

Re: ***The New Official Grateful Dead Music Thread***** [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #26560915 - 03/27/20 10:47 AM (4 years, 2 days ago)

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: ***The New Official Grateful Dead Music Thread***** [Re: stagger]
    #26562226 - 03/27/20 10:17 PM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Dead N Company is streaming a professionally shot concert every Saturday for free on Nugs.net. Every Sunday they are doing a free Widespread Concert and I'm pretty sure they are doing a free show everyday while the virus is happening.

I'll put up a link for a reminder tomorrow!

Enjoy the shows!!!

InvisibleMr.PhilCybin
Master Baiter
I'm a teapot

Loc: Gnarnia
Re: ***The New Official Grateful Dead Music Thread***** [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #26566086 - 03/29/20 09:27 PM (4 years, 8 hours ago)

I know I've been gone for a while, but when did the dead come back to boomtown?

Did bassnectar die or something?

stoked.

--------------------
I'm stupid, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is smart.
I'm ugly, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Falcon91Wolvrn03 but secretly know I never will.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: ***The New Official Grateful Dead Music Thread***** [Re: Mr.PhilCybin] * 1
    #26580194 - 04/05/20 06:34 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.PhilCybin said:
I know I've been gone for a while, but when did the dead come back to boomtown?

Did bassnectar die or something?

stoked.

:lol:

Funny...I've been into mostly electronic music and bass music for the past 10 years or so.

...but as of the past 2 to 3 years or so I've been getting way deep into rock & funk & jazz & blues....and in particular the Grateful Dead :heart:, for the first time in my life :crazy: lol .

I had been familiar with the GD for a long while, and the history of the pranksters & acid tests and that "scene" from back then...but all I heard from them was their studio stuff years ago and I just never really vibed with or got into it. Several of my friends have been into the dead for a long while, it just never rubbed off on me and I never really listened to a recording of them play live and jam out in full glory lol.

Well in a very stereotypical/cliche' manner lol, one night while high on LSD during a friends birthday a few years ago we listened to a live recording from one of their shows sometime in the 70s...and needless to say, I fell in love lol.

Ever since that night I've been listening to them at least once or a few times a week lol, only live recordings...and I've been diving into and exploring a lot of music from the 60s & 70s, lots of rock & jazz/fusion & blues. I listen to all sorts of different music but every few years I go through a phase/change in what I mostly listen to, and I've been going through that lately.

Sounds crazy...but I'm just now discovering how immense the music of the 60s & 70s was. Gosh dang, as far as music goes what a time to be alive that must have been.

This past week I just listened to JRAD for the first time, and fuckin' eh' :awesome: ! In some other thread I saw Dark_Star mention something about Joe Russo/JRAD, and as soon as I read that name I remembered one of my friends who's into the dead was telling me about JRAD a while back one night and I realized I never checked them out...Well I just did last week right after I read that post by Dark_Star and dang!...They nail the GD so nicely along with having a bit of their own style,....but they rock, they're right on point. I dig em' A LOT!...TBH I dig JRAD a lot more so than the little that I've heard from Dead & Co....JRAD instantly became one of my favorite bands this past week lol. Sooo so good!...They definitely have a vibe and energy to em' .

Listening to JRAD right now actually.

Just saw JRAD is supposed to headline the "High Sierra" festival this year, damn good looking line up in general....but I am pretty sure events will still be canceled in July with the virus going around. I don't have the $ to make it anyways even if it does still happen lol.

But yea...the GD has had me soaring at such high & far out places and has given me such gnarly "feelings" and has tickled my brain & body in ways that electronic/bass music never got close to bringing me to lol. I still enjoy raving/dancing with bass music and a large proper sound system, I dig all sorts of electronic music, but live music has a warmth & soul to it that just isn't there with anything electronic.

-OM
:gd_icon:

--------------------

OfflineIslandShroomer
The Other One
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: ***The New Official Grateful Dead Music Thread***** [Re: openmind]
    #26580512 - 04/05/20 09:05 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

JRAD is great.

I’m actually re-watching the dead and co shows from this summer at the gorge at moment. Got puddled upon entry to the pit so it is fun to watch it just drunk and stoned!

I know not everyone is a dead and co fan, and nothing will ever match the original lineups highest of highs. But Mayer is really fucking good and enjoys himself while playing the music. That’s all you can ask for, good music and good vibes.

Edited by IslandShroomer (04/05/20 09:07 PM)

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: sui]
    #26582144 - 04/06/20 04:46 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sui said:
Hi, I'm op of the thread and am. Bringing the grateful dead back to the pub.

Be grateful ok?

:rainbowcloud:

My brother.

OfflineIslandShroomer
The Other One
 User Gallery

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #26599380 - 04/14/20 01:17 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineMystery Box
Buddhologist
Male User Gallery

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: IslandShroomer]
    #26600665 - 04/14/20 02:14 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

12-31-87 is my favorite concert. It’s on YouTube

--------------------
A disciplined mind brings happiness.

OfflineIslandShroomer
The Other One
 User Gallery

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: Mystery Box]
    #26601840 - 04/15/20 12:07 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Music never stopped is one of my favorite set 1 closers.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale