Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleWormsy
Stranger
Trips Based On Moon Phases
    #2652542 - 05/08/04 04:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Being an old time tripper, and having plenty of stock, I have decided to trip once a month minimum. Also being a solitaire wiccan, I have been researching the idea of the best time during a month to trip.

I have studied the various moon phases and what they mean as far as wiccan beliefs, but I am still confused as to what would be the best phase to trip.

here is a chart:

New moon. This is the phase to start spells , that can culminate on the full moon, or to do spells that are to do with growth. New moon is the Maiden phase of the moon. I could worship Persephone here

Full Moon. This is when the moon is at her most powerful. cast spell that need power. The moon is at her mother aspect, strong and able could worship a Goddess such as Demeter here.

Waning moon. Cast sells that are riding of negativity's at this phase, or wisdom spells. The moon is in crone phase and is wise. I could relate this phase to Heceta or any crone Goddess.

Dark of the moon. It is not advisable to work in this phase of the moon for a beginner, well not just beginners, I have very rarely worked this phase. The moons strength is diminished for positive working's. it is more a time for facing inwards and learning to love yourself, even though you can acknowledge your own faults.

I guess my question is to decide when to trip and plan it for a moon phase that would give me the most insight and positive trip.

Any feedback is way apreciated

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
Re: Trips Based On Moon Phases [Re: Wormsy]
    #2652551 - 05/08/04 04:34 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Myabe you should get away from your narrow minded old pagan beliefs.

InvisibleWormsy
Stranger
Re: Trips Based On Moon Phases [Re: Mr_Gubjet]
    #2652559 - 05/08/04 04:41 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ouch, hehe

InvisibleWormsy
Stranger
    #2652572 - 05/08/04 04:46 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I probably screwed up on the forum to post, my apologies  :grin:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2652713 - 05/08/04 07:40 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It sounds, based on what you described, that the waning moon might be best to trip... ridding of negativity and wisdom spells... :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #2653327 - 05/08/04 02:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dark of the moon. It is not advisable to work in this phase of the moon for a beginner, well not just beginners, I have very rarely worked this phase. The moons strength is diminished for positive working's. it is more a time for facing inwards and learning to love yourself, even though you can acknowledge your own faults.

Tripping is not a time to try to extend energies outwards, but inwards.  If you feel these moon phases are important and want insight into yourself and your true nature, I would recommend tripping then.
May you find what you seek.
:sun:

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Trips Based On Moon Phases [Re: TinTree]
    #2653343 - 05/08/04 02:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

if you're going to take astrology into account, keep in mind there are all sorts of planatary factors. i would just check any time you intend to trip with the moon to make sure there isn't some sort of crazy planetary influence that would fuck things up.

btw, i've never tried ritual magic while tripping, if you're near NYC lets do it!

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleWormsy
Stranger
Re: Trips Based On Moon Phases [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2654018 - 05/08/04 06:30 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

> btw, i've never tried ritual magic while tripping

It's really interesting.

Anonymous

#2655001 - 05/08/04 11:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #2655695 - 05/09/04 04:06 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I never really planned these sorts of things out myself, but I did happen to notice one time (during my DXM phase) that I always had these intense desires to trip on nights of the full moon. Every month around the time the moon was at it's most powerful, I just got these uncanny urges to experience that sort of thing...almost as if I felt the call of the sirens and became a slave to their beauty. I didn't even pick up on the fact that it always happened during a full moon either (at least not until it had already happened for several months in a row, and my conscious mind finally picked up on what my subconscious mind had apparently known all along)

I couldn't tell ya one way or another if the full moon really is the best time for these sorts of things (nor am I sure if what apparently works well for DXM would work equally well for shrooms) All I can tell ya is that this is what came most naturally for me, and what always seemed to work out the best.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

OfflineHypnoToad
Stranger

#2655860 - 05/09/04 06:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Full moon is definitely when energy of all sorts is the strongest.I can always feel the energy very strongly 3 days before and after 3 full moon.Essentially the whole full moon part of the cycle and I use this to my advantage.

Anyhow to answer your question...I personally use full moon to my advantage but it really depends on what you are seeking to do...if you want to reflect inward and face the negativities within to better one's self or strengthen your downfalls,etc its best done dark moon.Dark moon can bring about fair spiritual progress.If you are seeking spiritual knowledge do it during waning moon.Full moon is nest for things that work with or need lots of energy or power.Do it during full moon if you are seeking or seeking to work with alot of power or energy.Healing is good for this time among other things.And new moon is best for spiritual growth in general or nurturing things or aspects of oneself.So as you can see it really depends on what you seek to do,find or accomplish.

--------------------
"There is no fire like lust, no grip like hate, no net like delusions, no river like craving."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon DXM

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology