Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesgpa
Male User Gallery

Dried out sub...question for you.
    #26521866 - 03/07/20 10:56 AM (11 months, 19 days ago)

So, getting back into the grow game after my initial try 1.5 yrs ago, at which time I used a monotub, MS syringe into rye grain, with decent success. On my second attempt I have used a GT variety (MS syringe into pre-sterilized grain bags, then into manure-based sub, then into 3 big lasagna pans) and placed my pans in a friend's terrarium, with a lot of bells and whistles, including timers for an ultrasonic humidifier, attached fan, air vents, and temp/RH readout, etc. I feel like the fan dried out my subs prior to full fruiting, which caused very sparse pinning in one of the pans (see pics). I have taken the fan out of the terrarium and am just using it externally for some air movement in my space, and have decided after this grow to give the terrarium back to him and going "back to the basics", with monotubs and old school misting and fanning! I would appreciate any feedback on this grow, but also wanted to ask about dunking these subs after the first flush...I assume from my reading that this is the way to go, and should really help with subsequent flushes, but wondered about the best way to keep the substrate submerged in the water w/o damaging the surface? Also, what do you think about using the faucet spray nozzle to go over the surface after dunking to "clean off" the surface?

Thanks for reading, and your input is much appreciated!

Cheers.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMr.Wizard
Harbinger of Hallucination
 User Gallery

Re: Dried out sub...question for you. [Re: sgpa]
    #26522691 - 03/07/20 08:54 PM (11 months, 19 days ago)

Misting and fanning all the time really is old school now. You should look at the new mono tub teks - Bod has his unmodified tub, and Pasty has his EZ dialed mono tub. Both should be in the 'Bod's Link Repository' link I have in my sig.

You could try just bottom watering those pans, they look like they've pulled away enough for this to be easy. You'd have to search for the best ways to do that - I'm not on that step yet.

--------------------
New folk research:

Tricks to the search bar: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24270830

If you only want to remember one resource: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24420178

Bod's link repository: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24144021

My easy to see modified no-pour: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26467702

OfflineBarrel
Stranger
Loc: USA
Re: Dried out sub...question for you. [Re: Mr.Wizard]
    #26522859 - 03/07/20 10:37 PM (11 months, 19 days ago)

I wouldn't bother trying to keep them submerged. You're already covering more than 50% of the surface with water when they're floating. The sub and mycelium will take up water if they're dehydrated no matter where you put the water.

A terrarium is old school noob tek.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation