Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Drying Salvia leaves.
    #2648454 - 05/06/04 10:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ok! How do you guys dry your salvia leaves, or just leaves in general?

Because, my leaves tend to rot or something, they just shrivel up and turn almost black, one even has mold.

I've tried a few in a tin can, in a glass jar, and now in a jar with paper.

What do you guys recommend?

peace

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
Re: Drying Salvia leaves. [Re: Merkin]
    #2648892 - 05/07/04 12:40 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

keep a fan on them then when they won't dry anymore put them in a glass jar. or leave them in the sun. i don't know if the sun harms the potency though. :crazy:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Drying Salvia leaves. [Re: Howardo]
    #2649100 - 05/07/04 03:26 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

sun is terrible to them - UV breaks down salvinorin.
I dry in an open jar or bowl in a drawer.
mold and shrivel are not a big issue.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Drying Salvia leaves. [Re: Merkin] * 1
    #2649169 - 05/07/04 04:50 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Drying Salvia leaves...

when drying any kind of leaves you must let Mother Nature do the work and tinker as little as possible with it. If you take your brain out of the equasion your successrates go through the roof :wink:
You can spend your entire life cracking your head with math and physics trying to figure out where the exact center of the earth is located. If you suspend a stick from a string however you'll find the string will point straight towards it no matter where you are :grin:

If you consider the relative solubility of water vapor into air taking into account temperature and your altitude above sealevel and take the porosity ratio's of various sizes of leaves of certain species and respect the disruptive effects short-wavelength light has on molecular integrity, in the severing and shifting of molecular bonds as well as its steric effects and stellar light being especially rich in short-wavelength bands due to hydrogen fusion and the carbon cycle of matter annilhilation to energy as explained by the theory of relativity one is left with the option of spreading the leaves on a newspaper in a dark, well-ventilated place :evil:

Take a piece of clean paper and put the leaves on them so they dont touch or overlap. leave them into the open, preferably where there's a draft and not too much dust depositing. Every leaf i ever dried, from the culinary to the visionary, did well on this. Leaves of Salvia often turn very dark through usual drying, but thats not a particular problem. Just keep it dark and unconfined and they'll be crisp in a few days or somewhat longer.

Yesterday night I introduced a close friend into the Visionary Realms of the Salvia through three sessions (working up to the equivalent of perhaps 400mg dried natual leaves) with an hour interval between hits, utilizing 5x and 10x extract bought in a smartshop. (I'm Dutch, they were next to the mushrooms on the counter :evil:) The experience was deeply spiriual and truely entheogenic. We are in awe.

The fortified leaf bits were stored in ziplock baggies in plastic vials placed in a wooden cigar box, at room temperature, for about three years.
Nontheless 1/25gr of 10x extract smote me with Divine Thunder as it could have 3 years ago and my friend was equally impressed. (I might drop off a trip report in Spir & Phil now I come to think of it :smile:) If some potency is lost in the drying process you can rest assured the decomposition practically screeches to a halt once they are crisp.

If you grow Salvia remember it is an endangered species and truely sacred plant. Try your very best to make cuttings and give them to anyone who is either responsible and respectful enough towards their body and soul or who just likes to grow it for ornamental value.
Granny may pull spotty leaves and put them in the wastebin, but she -will- give you some cuttings back should a biblical plague of bugs have descended on your plants :smile:

Everybody who likes the plant's looks really should cultivate it as it is an endangered species and a pretty plant.
But to explore its Realms is an entirely different matter. You need to go about this with a deep, profound respect for yourself, the any & all and be very scrupulous and conservative in dosing and timing of sessions which never can be done casually.
This deep respect one needs to develop through life experience independent of education or spiritual discipline.

Salvia can be very unforgiving.
Salvia abuse is self-abuse and she will lay it out to you if the lesson needs thought. I got goosebumps of terror and quite anxious about just how emotional a friend sounded over the telephone when he ranted that
God has scraped him from His shoe-sole with a stick
and the poor kid had to really work at his life for quite some time.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: Drying Salvia leaves. [Re: Asante]
    #2649188 - 05/07/04 05:15 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

wow. good read. you seem like a cool person.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2649788 - 05/07/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

:sorry:

--------------------

Edited by LuNaTiX (06/13/04 11:54 AM)

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Drying Salvia leaves. [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #2651034 - 05/07/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have a shoebox with a screen about 2" off the bottom. I chop/tear up the leaves and spread them out and shut the box. 1-2 days later there bone dry.

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

#2651579 - 05/07/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks alot guys,
This is greatly appreciated

Good read there Wiccan_Seeker !

--------------------

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #2653934 - 05/08/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

place in newspapers or old books with a weight on it.  they will retain their shape.  might have to change pages or papers once in awhile to prevent mold. :tongue2:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2656673 - 05/09/04 12:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I just lay mine out on top of a trunk in the corner of my room. It normally takes about 3-4 days. Some times they turn that nice jungle green some times a brown, but the brown ones smoke good too. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you are making this a lot harder than it should be.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Re: Drying Salvia leaves. [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2659077 - 05/10/04 01:53 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hehe yea, sweet as. I wanted to know properly, because I didn't know how they are suppose to turn out when dried.

thanks again.

--------------------

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2659808 - 05/10/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Damn it! I want some of that blotter in your avatar.... Anyways enjoy growing Sally. I love that dark green velvet sheen that her leaves have.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order