Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: SirTripAlot] * 1
    #26515172 - 03/03/20 06:21 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
So, in all of this..

Who would decide the monetary limit when establishing billionaires? And when that limit is reached; it would provide no financial incentive/extremely limited gain for people to keep making money.

Be careful when trying to limit greed it is a motivating factory.

I say we allow a person to have $1 Billion dollars, and we seize all assets and finances beyond that. Between Bezos and Gates, they could literally supply 50% of the United States military budget, and we can use that money elsewhere. Then you folks can keep your $100 million jets and bullshit, and we can have healthcare.

Oh, and billionaires will still be billionaires WOOOOOO!

:toast:

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

Edited by Bigbadwooof (03/03/20 06:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: Shenmue] * 3
    #26515184 - 03/03/20 06:25 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Shenmue said:
Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

Shenmue said:
I don't believe fast food workers deserve 15$ a hour

Lmao!!! You don't believe fast food workers deserve to be able to pay their fucking rent for working 40 fucking hours a week?

I sure hope you don't talk this fucking garbage, and then turn around and defend billionaires.

Check this out:

Quote:

Bezos' rate is equivalent to $149,353 a minute. To put things in perspective, Bezos makes more than three times what the median US worker makes in year — $45,552, according to data by the Bureau of Labor Statistics — in one minute.

So, while you're busy bitching about the little guy getting a living wage, I'm concerned with the robber barons jacking $150,000 a fucking minute from the American economy. I guess we all have to choose our battles, but yours are fucking stupid.

You believe a McDonald's worker deserves more than  EMTS, factory workers, some cops, unskilled construction workers and other backbreaking jobs? I worked fast food between ages 16-20 and I can honestly tell you that they dont deserve it. Fast foods jobs aren't supposed to be for raising Families! It's something you do when you're a student or getting started. Have you ever worked a fast food Job? I believe if they raise the min wage up to 15$ a hour that the prices on everything will go up. I believe $15 will be more like $10 hour 10 years down the road. I might be wrong  :box: ..
You honestly don't believe that prices will go up?

How about we make the wages of skilled workers move higher as well so that the minimum wage doesn't seem so high on a relative basis? 

"prices will go up?"

Why do so many people think if the shareholder gets more profit everything if fine, but if the workers gets a little more in wages, prices of consumer goods goes to the moon?  That is pure economic propaganda. Guess who spews that economic nonsense?  :popcorn:

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

Loc: Bravos
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #26515191 - 03/03/20 06:28 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Yeah, I don’t see why we need to give billionaires incentives to make money lol
We should give incentives to the people on the bottom, not the people who are doing great regardless.

I also think most people don’t realize how few billionaires there are. It’s just over 600 people in the US.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: qman] * 1
    #26515196 - 03/03/20 06:30 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
So, in all of this..

Who would decide the monetary limit when establishing billionaires? And when that limit is reached; it would provide no financial incentive/extremely limited gain for people to keep making money.

Who decides the existing tax code that favors billionaires?  BILLIONAIRES!!!  So it's really not that hard to reverse the current direction. The only thing stopping you is your imagination.

Nobody is calling for the elimination of profitability. All I'm asking for is to return to a better distribution of wealth and income. A distribution that was very similar to the 1950-80's in the US. A distribution that produced the greatest working class status in US history. There was still plenty of profits, wealthy creation and multi-millionaires in that time period.

So a 5% annual wealth tax (for over $30 million) would destroy the motivation to accumulate wealth?  Nope.

We aren't billionaires..... we will never have the influence of them. Until they are gone, there are billionaires that get dibs in relation to the legislation. Unless a political figure would come to back the middle class first.....(if anyone did, it seems it would be Sanders)

Clearly, your plan on taxing billionaires, seems reasonable from most rhetoric I hear. If legislation is on the cusp; look for impending doom propaganda from the financial industry.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Edited by SirTripAlot (03/03/20 06:34 PM)

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: feldman114]
    #26515205 - 03/03/20 06:32 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

feldman114 said:
Orly? If the tax rate for billionaires was 45%, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
Their foundation spent 100% of that money, how do they still benefit?
Btw, those numbers are from 2018.

Why does everything have to be so black and white? Is it hard to distinguish between the 600+ billionaires who shit on the working class and the half-dozen who go out of their way to fight poverty?

Quote:

The primary goals of the foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and, in the U.S., to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology. The foundation is controlled by its three trustees: Bill and Melinda Gates, and Warren Buffett.

You don't become a fucking billionaire without shitting on the working class. That's a fucking fact. The only exception I can think of is JK Rawling (Author of the Harry Potter books).

Bill Gates controls the foundation. He gets to decide how every fucking penny is spent. That is power. He is also seen, by people like you, who don't understand that philanthropy is a necessary evil for a billionaire (or pitchforks), as some benevolent, righteous, do-gooder.

The majority of money that goes to charity is frittered away on administrative bullshit. Charity is usually a front for highway robbery. Only a small proportion of money donated to charity ever does any good in the world, and I'm sure the Gates foundation, and the Clinton Foundation, and any other rich cunt's foundation, is not an exception to that rule.

I don't ever donate a penny to fucking charity. I won't be taken for a fool.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26515221 - 03/03/20 06:38 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
How about we make the wages of skilled workers move higher as well so that the minimum wage doesn't seem so high on a relative basis? 

"prices will go up?"

Why do so many people think if the shareholder gets more profit everything if fine, but if the workers gets a little more in wages, prices of consumer goods goes to the moon?  That is pure economic propaganda. Guess who spews that economic nonsense?  :popcorn:

Indeed. Nobody ever fucking bitches when the corporate staff of a large corporation give themselves an extra $1 Million, or $10 million, in christmas bonuses (Even when they tank the economy, and the good people of the United States have to bail them out). Why are you bitching about American workers getting a raise?

The minimum wage is a reference wage. When the minimum wage goes up, everyone's wages go up, cuz guess what? I'm not working for $15 a fucking hour, if McDonalds workers are making $15 an hour.

Why do you think trade union workers get paid such incredible wages? It's because they use their collective bargaining power to influence the market. If you're a non-union welder, you often times make half the wage, literally. The markets can handle giving America a raise, and giving corporate America a fucking pay cut.

Every study I have ever seen on the subject shows that prices go up less than a percentage point from raising wages.

--------------------
FARTS

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

Loc: Bravos
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #26515300 - 03/03/20 07:17 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

feldman114 said:
Orly? If the tax rate for billionaires was 45%, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
Their foundation spent 100% of that money, how do they still benefit?
Btw, those numbers are from 2018.

Why does everything have to be so black and white? Is it hard to distinguish between the 600+ billionaires who shit on the working class and the half-dozen who go out of their way to fight poverty?

Quote:

The primary goals of the foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and, in the U.S., to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology. The foundation is controlled by its three trustees: Bill and Melinda Gates, and Warren Buffett.

You don't become a fucking billionaire without shitting on the working class. That's a fucking fact. The only exception I can think of is JK Rawling (Author of the Harry Potter books).

Bill Gates controls the foundation. He gets to decide how every fucking penny is spent. That is power. He is also seen, by people like you, who don't understand that philanthropy is a necessary evil for a billionaire (or pitchforks), as some benevolent, righteous, do-gooder.

The majority of money that goes to charity is frittered away on administrative bullshit. Charity is usually a front for highway robbery. Only a small proportion of money donated to charity ever does any good in the world, and I'm sure the Gates foundation, and the Clinton Foundation, and any other rich cunt's foundation, is not an exception to that rule.

I don't ever donate a penny to fucking charity. I won't be taken for a fool.

First off, you wound me, Bigbadwooof - of course I know who J.K. Rawling is!:nerd:

But see, there are exceptions. And I submit to you that Bill Gates is one, presently.
I’m sure he ruined a fair share of lives to make it that big, but he is going to leave most of his money to charity when he kicks.
https://www.bankrate.com/financing/wealth/what-will-gates-children-inherit/

Also, Microsoft creates a lot of skilled, high paying jobs inside the U.S., even at a time when the others are doing the opposite.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article236648428.html

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: feldman114]
    #26515326 - 03/03/20 07:31 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

feldman114 said:
First off, you wound me, Bigbadwooof - of course I know who J.K. Rawling is!:nerd:

My man!
:nerd:

Quote:

But see, there are exceptions. And I submit to you that Bill Gates is one, presently.
I’m sure he ruined a fair share of lives to make it that big,

Something that is not to be taken, lightly. Ruining lives is a pretty fucking terrible thing to do.

Quote:

but he is going to leave most of his money to charity when he kicks.
https://www.bankrate.com/financing/wealth/what-will-gates-children-inherit/

I can only assume you didn't read my whole post. It's ok, I forgive you, it was a long one.

Quote:

Also, Microsoft creates a lot of skilled, high paying jobs inside the U.S., even at a time when the others are doing the opposite.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article236648428.html

Yeah, and that doesn't make Bill Gates a good guy. You know what it makes Bill Gates? Billions of mothafuckin dolla dolla bills, son!

As Tantrika already mentioned, Gates engaged in a lot of dirty fuckery to get his company off the ground in the first place. If it weren't Microsoft, it would have been Some-Other-Cunt-Soft, and it was probably meant to be that way, in a more just world.

--------------------
FARTS

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #26515430 - 03/03/20 08:24 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

qman said:

"prices will go up?"

Indeed. Nobody ever fucking bitches when the corporate staff of a large corporation give themselves an extra $1 Million, or $10 million, in christmas bonuses (Even when they tank the economy, and the good people of the United States have to bail them out). Why are you bitching about American workers getting a raise?

The minimum wage is a reference wage. When the minimum wage goes up, everyone's wages go up, cuz guess what? I'm not working for $15 a fucking hour, if McDonalds workers are making $15 an hour.

Why do you think trade union workers get paid such incredible wages? It's because they use their collective bargaining power to influence the market. If you're a non-union welder, you often times make half the wage, literally. The markets can handle giving America a raise, and giving corporate America a fucking pay cut.

Every study I have ever seen on the subject shows that prices go up less than a percentage point from raising wages.

It's really hilarious people are worried about broke peasants making a few more bucks per hour are going to create too much consumer demand. :rofl2:

Check out the 10 year bond today, trading at a ALL TIME LOW in yield at below 1%!!!  That means the market is forecasting the lowest economic growth and demand for the next decade, even worse than the great depression.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/03/investing/10-year-treasury-yield-record-low/index.html

Look at the velocity of money, at an all-time low once again. Where is the Trump bump?  No, it's a Trump economic dump. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V

What does this all mean?  The working class are broke and debt slaves today as The Elite hoard the vast majority of their money. 

It's not even an argument anymore, the economic statistics are historic in nature.  This isn't even a left vs right debate because the facts are the facts.  At this point, it's only the informed vs the uneducated.

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26515451 - 03/03/20 08:33 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
It's really hilarious people are worried about broke peasants making a few more bucks per hour are going to create too much consumer demand. :rofl2:

Check out the 10 year bond today, trading at a ALL TIME LOW in yield at below 1%!!!  That means the market is forecasting the lowest economic growth and demand for the next decade, even worse than the great depression.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/03/investing/10-year-treasury-yield-record-low/index.html

Look at the velocity of money, at an all-time low once again. Where is the Trump bump?  No, it's a Trump economic dump. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V

What does this all mean?  The working class are broke and debt slaves today as The Elite hoard the vast majority of their money. 

It's not even an argument anymore, the economic statistics are historic in nature.  This isn't even a left vs right debate because the facts are the facts.  At this point, it's only the informed vs the uneducated.

Yep.

You see, I don't really mind so much if Trump is re-elected. At least he'll be the one holding the bag, when the economy tanks. America may just swing further left than even I'm prepared to go (Doubtful, but it will be quite a ripe situation). Millenials, and the next generation will be taking the country over by that time. They will be fed up. It will be the second serious recession we have experienced...

Let's do this shit!

--------------------
FARTS

Edited by Bigbadwooof (03/03/20 08:34 PM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 2
    #26515654 - 03/03/20 11:48 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

I dont think Billionaires should exist. No one person should have that much money and not share it with the rest of the population. Its just greedy in my opinion. Billionaires are one reason why theres so much demographic inequality.

Millionaires, sure why not. But Billionaires? Hell no. People like Bezo who runs a company that pays minimal wage with shitty work conditions has no sympathy from me! :crankey:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 2
    #26515907 - 03/04/20 06:04 AM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:

...I won't be taken for a fool.

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

feldman114 said:

My man!
:nerd:

J.K. Rowling is a transphobic piece of shit who repeatedly promotes anti-trans agendas

she may not have shit on us on the way up, but she does now that she is at the top

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #26515921 - 03/04/20 06:12 AM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Millionaires, sure why not. But Billionaires? Hell no. ...

Enya is all of my goals:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: Tantrika] * 2
    #26515925 - 03/04/20 06:14 AM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Damn, Enya knows how to choose a castle :awesome:

I can live with millionaires in cool mansions. But no Billionaires! Thats taking it too far Rich People! :crankey:

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26515992 - 03/04/20 07:24 AM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
You really think that Congress can eliminate tax havens in foreign lands? All of K street would not allow it.  I thought it was cool to stay out of other countries.

I'm not talking about invading panama, or the Netherlands. I'm talking about sanctions. Our government has managed to destabilize or topple virtually every socialist regime, the world over. We can handle a few tax havens, and they are few. We could have made arrests, when the panama papers came to light. Our government doesn't want to stop tax evasion, because it is bought and paid for by billionaires.

Last debate, Bloomberg even had a Freudian slip, in which he admitted to  buying dozens of senators.

We could invade Panama anytime we wanted to. Switzerland, no.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: Brian Jones] * 3
    #26516113 - 03/04/20 08:46 AM (4 years, 24 days ago)

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: SirTripAlot] * 2
    #26516114 - 03/04/20 08:46 AM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
So, in all of this..

Right. Talking about taking everything after a certain threshold is fantasy. We just need a progressive tax system that doesn't allow the superrich to avoid it. Around 1970 when England had a 90 something percent tax on high income three quarters of the Beatles and all the Stones just left, and they weren't billionaires.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26517749 - 03/04/20 11:55 PM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
You really think that Congress can eliminate tax havens in foreign lands? All of K street would not allow it.  I thought it was cool to stay out of other countries.

I'm not talking about invading panama, or the Netherlands. I'm talking about sanctions. Our government has managed to destabilize or topple virtually every socialist regime, the world over. We can handle a few tax havens, and they are few. We could have made arrests, when the panama papers came to light. Our government doesn't want to stop tax evasion, because it is bought and paid for by billionaires.

Last debate, Bloomberg even had a Freudian slip, in which he admitted to  buying dozens of senators.

We could invade Panama anytime we wanted to. Switzerland, no.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe Switzerland is a tax haven anymore.

--------------------
FARTS

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26517753 - 03/05/20 12:05 AM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Oh really?

Did the Swiss Banks finally give in to all the illegal money-stashing that billionaires were doing at their banks?

OnlineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should billionaires exist [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26517765 - 03/05/20 12:14 AM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Oh really?

Did the Swiss Banks finally give in to all the illegal money-stashing that billionaires were doing at their banks?

I may be wrong about that.

I think I'm right.

But I've been wrong before.

But I'm probably not.

50/50, anyway.

I'm wrong.

Maybe

--------------------
FARTS

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order