Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestayinyourcubicle
Stranger
 User Gallery
Question about Harvesting? Partially open veils and some still growing
    #26511726 - 03/01/20 07:06 PM (11 months, 22 days ago)

Day 13 from start of spawn run on bods unmodified tub tek and some of the mushrooms veils have broken but several are still growing. Couple questions...

Some of the caps looked dried or kind of wavy and I haven’t been misting them but once every couple days. Dry climate here so I’m wondering if that’s from it being dry or not enough misting? These are pics after having been misted. Misted roughly 10 sprays.

Based on pics should I wait a couple more days to harvest all of them? Do I harvest the ones with broken veils or will it hurt to wait a couple days to harvest them all at the same time?

Any other feedback welcomed, thanks! Also temps have been between 70-78 (on the high end).

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OnlinecronicrM
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about Harvesting? Partially open veils and some still growing (moved) [Re: stayinyourcubicle]
    #26511985 - 03/01/20 10:56 PM (11 months, 21 days ago)

This thread was moved from Mushroom Grow Logs and Pictures.

Reason:
better here

OfflineBarrel
Stranger
Loc: USA
Re: Question about Harvesting? Partially open veils and some still growing (moved) [Re: cronicr]
    #26512234 - 03/02/20 04:39 AM (11 months, 21 days ago)

Nice pinset, which would make it a bitch to pick out the ones with open caps. Good news is the psilocybin content in the fruit doesn't change from the time they're pins. You can let the spores drop and you've still got a few days to harvest, it'll just mean everything is covered in spores, which doesn't hurt anything other than aesthetics.

Misting every couple days will dry things out a bit, but you're not triggering pinning, so 100% RH isn't a huge deal at this point. Caps just tend to get wavy after they open. Your sub looks plenty hydrated in the pics, since it isn't shrinking excessively. Tamp down around the edges a bit more next time to cut down on side pins.

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about Harvesting? Partially open veils and some still growing (moved) [Re: Barrel]
    #26512295 - 03/02/20 06:52 AM (11 months, 21 days ago)

Personal preference, I like to let mine open up alot more for picture purposes. You do end up with a load of spores. But yeah it really depends on your intention for the mushrooms.

Offlinestayinyourcubicle
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Question about Harvesting? Partially open veils and some still growing (moved) [Re: Sockadin]
    #26512751 - 03/02/20 02:19 PM (11 months, 21 days ago)

Great thanks for the feedback, the extra 12 hours helped alot! Question, there’s lots of little pins/primordia, do I harvest those too or leave them for the next flush. Also the sub broke in half during harvest, then one of the half’s broke in half... can I still get a second flush?

Bods unmodified is the shit though, this was my first bulk grow and haven’t grown in 15 years (pf tek). Props to this forum you are lifesavers!

Offlinealaskappalachian
peakbagger

Loc: The 49th Dimension
Re: Question about Harvesting? Partially open veils and some still growing (moved) [Re: stayinyourcubicle]
    #26512765 - 03/02/20 02:26 PM (11 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

stayinyourcubicle said:

:radman:  Nice job.  Yeah buddy. That split-in-half sub will be just fine.  Tuck 'er right back in best you can.  A lot of those pins left after harvesting the big boys from first flush are often aborts, but you can just leave them to see.  They'll either get darker caps and abort or they'll grow.  Eventually you'll be able to just look at them and tell. 

--------------------

“Science does not need mysticism and mysticism does not need science. But man needs both.”
-Fritjof Capra

LAGM2021

Edited by alaskappalachian (03/02/20 02:35 PM)

OfflineBarrel
Stranger
Loc: USA
    #26522806 - 03/07/20 10:07 PM (11 months, 15 days ago)

Quote:

stayinyourcubicle said:
Great thanks for the feedback, the extra 12 hours helped alot! Question, there’s lots of little pins/primordia, do I harvest those too or leave them for the next flush. Also the sub broke in half during harvest, then one of the half’s broke in half... can I still get a second flush?

Bods unmodified is the shit though, this was my first bulk grow and haven’t grown in 15 years (pf tek). Props to this forum you are lifesavers!

Go back to my good news. You can harvest the pins/ snack fruit, and they'll be just as potent as they would be when they're dropping spores. Mind the dosage with them, and have fun.

Don't worry about the broken sub. Just soak it as you were planning on, and throw it back in the tub. It just makes harvesting side pins easier.

Bod does great work.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation