Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA
    #26509290 - 02/29/20 06:45 AM (4 years, 29 days ago)

A woman in Belgium died after taking one sip of wine from a bottle that had been laced with MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstacy.
The 41-year-old from Puurs, Belgium took one sip of red wine from the Dutch brand Black & Bianco in December, The Guardian reported Thursday.
The woman, who has not been identified, reportedly stopped drinking the wine, from a 2016 bottle of red merlot cabernet sauvignon, after just one sip because of a bad taste — but that was enough to cause her to collapse not long after.
She was taken to the hospital and died five days later from the amount of the drug she had consumed, the BBC reported.
Black & Bianco issued a statement on the incident, explaining that the company only recently became aware of the woman’s death as part of a criminal investigation.
The company also stated that the bottle had been manipulated and did not have an original Black & Bianco cork.

According to photos shared by the company, the brand’s corks are black and include the words “Black & Bianco,” but the cork from the bottle of this woman was beige and had no branding.
Black & Bianco also said that it had checked its inventory of the red merlot cabernet sauvignon 2016 as a “precautionary measure” and expressed that customers can also check their own bottles by making sure it has the correct kind of cork, and to alert authorities if any evidence of tampering is found.
The woman’s sister told a local newspaper that the woman who died “was 100 percent against drugs.”

“She was completely unacceptable with people who used drugs or walked around under the influence,” she said, according to The Guardian. “We also do not understand where that bottle came from. She only drank one sip.”
Black & Bianco said that the bottle the woman drank from is only available in Belgium online, but the BBC reported that she worked at a store that sold items that had been confiscated from the country’s federal finance service.
However, a spokesperson for the finance ministry told the outlet that the store no longer sells food or drink to individuals and that employees are not allowed to take anything home.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: Fractal420]
    #26509316 - 02/29/20 07:18 AM (4 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
A woman in Belgium died after taking one sip of wine from a bottle that had been laced with MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstacy MDMA.

Something's not right with this one, wait for the toxicology report.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

:alert: Mycology Fundamentals and Misc. Info :mushroom:

:chemistry: Stains, Reagents, and Media :alert:

Tradelist

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: BayerPhi]
    #26509330 - 02/29/20 07:29 AM (4 years, 29 days ago)

Either it was an extremely high molar concentration, or she had a bad reaction, which are not unheard of... Assuming the story is true. Either way, it's a shame when containers are mislabelled, bigger shame someone fell victim to something she never intended to do. But that's what happens when the law makes people hide things.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: DoctorJ]
    #26509366 - 02/29/20 08:01 AM (4 years, 29 days ago)

I've got a feeling they aren't using the correct terminology, "laced" implies it was added for use. This was surely part of some smuggling scheme, the beige cork was probably for the recipient to identify the bottle upon receipt. But something went wrong and it made it into circulation.

Quote:

...but the BBC reported that she worked at a store that sold items that had been confiscated from the country’s federal finance service.

I guess that is what went wrong, the tax man came to collect at a very inopportune time. Perhaps the business itself only existed as a front, or got involved in said scheme in a bid to pay off money owed.

Quote:

The woman’s sister told a local newspaper that the woman who died “was 100 percent against drugs.”

Well, clearly not all drugs.

What gets me is dying 5 days later, that doesn't make much sense to me...at least not without knowing the woman's constitution, or what biological systems were implicated. I don't doubt that the MDMA is at least indirectly responsible, but I feel like proper medical care should have kept this woman alive.

Edited by Holybullshit (02/29/20 08:11 AM)

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26509390 - 02/29/20 08:23 AM (4 years, 29 days ago)

part of the plan to scare people against drugs lol you can make more when drugs are illegal than you can when they are legal

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: numnum59] * 2
    #26509411 - 02/29/20 08:42 AM (4 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

“She was completely unacceptable with people who used drugs or walked around under the influence,”

:lolwut:
Your sister drank alcohol literally one of the worst drugs

InvisibleBayerPhi
Always Learning

Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26509509 - 02/29/20 09:59 AM (4 years, 29 days ago)

Shhhh, don't make them see the hypocrisy of their ignorance.

--------------------
Μανθάνων μὴ κάμνε

:alert: Mycology Fundamentals and Misc. Info :mushroom:

:chemistry: Stains, Reagents, and Media :alert:

Tradelist

Offlinenumnum59
Pro-Am Mycologist

Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26509690 - 02/29/20 12:02 PM (4 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

“She was completely unacceptable with people who used drugs or walked around under the influence,”

:lolwut:
Your sister drank alcohol literally one of the worst drugs

often we forget alcohol is a drug, because it is "legal". I am an alcoholic and i think alcohol is the worst drug, easily accessible, doesnt fail a standard drug test and is widely accepted. :shrug:

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: Fractal420]
    #26509857 - 02/29/20 02:42 PM (4 years, 29 days ago)

She was probably on an MAOI or something that caused a fatal combination with the MDMA and wine.

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #26509898 - 02/29/20 03:25 PM (4 years, 29 days ago)

So many drug apologists. Had to have been a combination of factors.

MDMA has numerous fatalities from people with no preexisting conditions or contraindicated substances. On recreational <150mg doses

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

#26509906 - 02/29/20 03:36 PM (4 years, 29 days ago)

I haven't heard of that happening ever.  Got any sources?

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #26509987 - 02/29/20 04:26 PM (4 years, 29 days ago)

Stephanie Jade Shevlin

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/ecstasy-tablet-taken-faye-allen-11278347

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/pictured-the-two-teenagers-who-died-after-taking-drugs-at-fabric-nightclub-a3337656.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-40473232

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35767599

That's just a quick Google search

There were years where mdma deaths were in the hundreds in just the UK.

Yea some of them were alcohol + mdma
Yea some of them were water + mdma
But the people who died randomly were not allergic lol.
Sometimes it fucks your brain.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #26510654 - 03/01/20 12:54 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

...those are just news articles about people taking what they assumed to be MDMA, or at unknown dosages, none of them refer to any analysis, toxicology reports, or medical history.

I have only read about 2 cases where people died taking confirmed MDMA alone where it was demonstrated that they had taken no more than normal recreational doses with no known contributing factors or concomitant conditions, one of those involved seizure, and only handful more when combined with other drugs that you would not expect to kill them...and even those might have just not been known because they basically stop looking for them once drug use is confirmed.

"fucking your brain" doesn't generally kill you.

And I think its telling that even in a couple of the links you posted it refers to either multiple people falling ill off the same batch, or the victim dying after no longer under the effects of the drug.

MDMA, not "ectasy", is pretty damn safe when taken at normal levels by healthy people and not combined with other drugs/contraindicated medicine.

Edited by Holybullshit (03/01/20 01:06 AM)

Offlineshroomguy087
Peace Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: BayerPhi]
    #26510752 - 03/01/20 04:07 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

BayerPhi said:
Quote:

Fractal420 said:
A woman in Belgium died after taking one sip of wine from a bottle that had been laced with MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstacy MDMA.

Something's not right with this one, wait for the toxicology report.

Yeah, seems like this was a smugglers bottle with a larger than personal use amount of MDMA that had inadvertently made it's way into this woman's home.

Someone had intended to extract the MDMA out of the wine but when it turned up lost, she must have found it & decided to try it at home. :shocked:

--------------------
:grin::mushroom2::stoned::mushroom2::grin:

~ Love All For Being ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGnWzr5hXc

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: Holybullshit] * 1
    #26510842 - 03/01/20 06:08 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

Ectasy and molly are just street names for MDMA lol.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#26510880 - 03/01/20 07:00 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

For the record, since I posted this, I don’t think it was actually mdma, OR, they didn’t dilute it at all, and had maybe 10g floating around freely. I wonder why they say it was mdma, would need to be like 2000mg in one sip

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26510933 - 03/01/20 07:39 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

I would hope they tested it, but we don't know how powerful the solution was...we don't even know what liquid was in the bottle, for all we know she took a gulp of some toxic solvent.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Woman Dies After Drinking Single Sip from Bottle of Wine Laced with MDMA [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26510982 - 03/01/20 08:13 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

Right. Yet the article clearly states MDMA. The only “testing” I see is vs the legitimate liquor bottle. Ironically mdma is prolly safer than alcohol, but either way, saying it’s mdma when it may well be some poison sounds like a hit piece

My first guess wouldn’t even be a recreational drug, my second guess would be fentanyl. Mdma? Who the hell is gonna put so much molly in some sketchy bottle that one sip equals 2g?

There’s no mention of toxicology or anything, and I doubt there will be a follow up. One day when drug users have the same kind of protection as lgbtq etc, this will look really bad.

And yes, i have no doubt that will happen over the next decade. It’ll be sad though when everyone has Coronavirus and govt will be like “guess what, ecstasy is now legal, go and get your groove on!”

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #26511047 - 03/01/20 08:48 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

If it had something other than mdma in if they would have said

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#26511056 - 03/01/20 08:54 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

Like all the other totally accurate articles that come out when someone has an unfortunate overdose

It’s sad really, it’s misinformation, they don’t say anything about the contents or what the person ODed on, i see it as trolling, sorta like the article about “drugs infected with coronavirus, let the PD test for you”

They’re absolutely turning a blind eye and pretty much letting ODs happen. And that’s horrific

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates