Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: my anit bush rants [Re: Xlea321]
    #2646006 - 05/06/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, Alex, that's not going to cut the mustard.

My statement was that the US believed Iraq had possessed WMDs. And in fact, Iraq had possessed WMDs, so their beliefs (and hence my statement) were accurate. The first round of inspectors confirmed Hussein had possessed WMDs. These would be the stockpiles that UNSCOM later verified in their reports as having been 90 to 95 per cent destroyed.

When I say that every other intelligence agency in the world also knew this, I am again being accurate, because they also had access to the reports of the UNSCOM inspectors.

And of course, everyone knew that Hussein had used chem weaponry on several occasions. Clearly, in order to have used them, he first had to have possessed them.

So here's my statement once agin:

Quote:

"But in the case of Iraq, not only did the US believe Iraq had possessed functional WMDs, they knew it -- and so did every other intelligence agency in the world. Not only that, but Hussein had actually used his chem weaponry on several occasions."

Once again, I strongly suggest you review the rules of grammar for the English language before responding. Pay particular attention to the concept of "verb tense".

pinky

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: my anit bush rants [Re: Phred]
    #2646060 - 05/06/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Bzzzzt! Wrong! US unemployment is 5.7 %. This, by the way, is easily verifiable.

Bzzzzt! Wrong! Unemployment is not now and never has been measured. Unemployment claims are measured. When unemployment benefits run out, one does not magically become employed as the Admin would have one believe; yet that is what their statistics reflect.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: my anit bush rants [Re: Swami]
    #2646212 - 05/06/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, Swami, if in fact unemployment has never been measured, Grizz's claim is no more correct than a claim that unemployment is the lowest it has been in twenty years.

pinky

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2646245 - 05/06/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: my anit bush rants [Re: Swami]
    #2646317 - 05/06/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

If you don't stop biting yourself in the ass we're going to have to put one of those cones on you.

--------------------
This space for rent

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: my anti bush rants [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2648862 - 05/07/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i got some rants too, check out my site it has a number of links and stuff, plus some of my personal experiances in life that involved the man targeting me via the patriot act.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2649616 - 05/07/04 10:21 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, Alex, that's not going to cut the mustard

/Me pulls up chair...

My statement was that the US believed Iraq had possessed WMDs. And in fact, Iraq had possessed WMDs, so their beliefs (and hence my statement) were accurate.

No, you would need to add a DATE for your statement have any accuracy. WHEN did they know this? They didn't know Iraq possessed WMD in 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, indeed for at least 10 years. So your statement was demonstrably inaccurate for at least the last 10 years.

Try again  :smirk:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#2649674 - 05/07/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

actually it would have to have a date to be inaccurate. without a date, it is accurate, though not terribly informative.

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
Loc: Arizona
Re: my anti bush rants [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2650349 - 05/07/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Okey dokey, I've seen enough people avoid and not answer many of these questions to any sort of satisfactory degree -- perhaps it needs translation into something that could possibly be mistaken for English. So wherever nobody seems to want to answer questions, I'll translate, and I'll answer.

Quote:

1) Why are there are riders on the broadcast indecency bill allowing clear chanel (i cant evevn list all the ways they are tied to bush) to buy more stations, even though they may be violating antitrust laws.

1. Why has the FCC lifted it's antirrust regulations on media conglomerates such as Clear Channel, Viacom, and other giants, allowing them to purchase more radio stations, television stations, and newspapers than ever before, thereby driving local stations and media companies out of business?

Now, I'll answer it: lobbyists. Don't blame Dubya, blame Congress. It never ceases to amaze me what we'll lay at the feet of one man who doesn't actually write any of these laws.

Quote:

2) Why should we have a constitutional amendment banning marriage between to consenting adults? If you really hate the idea of 2 gay people getting married.. Why is Bush also against civil unions?

We shouldn't. This bill isn't through Congress, by any means (remember, those guys in Washington, DC, that we elect to represent us?), and if you want it to stay that way, feel free to write your Congressmen and/or Senators. Bear in mind that America was founded as a puritan country. We wanted the freedom to practice -OUR- religion, and while everyone else is welcome to practice theirs here too, just remember who was here first. FYI, I'm not Christian, I just know how to look at a fact and acknowledge it as something that I'm not going to be able to change.

Quote:

3) Why shouldn't the government put money into stem cell research? Why, when saked about his decision on stem cell did bush say he consulted with a higher power?

Quote:

3. Why is the federal government choosing not to put money into stem cell research?

The state of California has decided to start taking a look at funding stem cell research, and today, I believe, Nancy Reagan is giving a speech at a fundraiser for Juvenile Diabetes, where it is rumoured that she will give her official support for stem cell research. Dubya is also looking again at funding for it, as public support for stem cell research grows.

Quote:

4) Why did Bush say our troops were doing god's work? last time i checked we didn't all belive in god in the USA. Also, i thought we were looking for not WMDs, not doing God's Work.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all."

The Pledge would seem to disagree with you, KOTT. In general, I'm a very goal-oriented person, which is to say, I don't really care HOW something gets done, as long as it gets done. A lot of people like religion -- there's a reason it's called the opiate of the masses -- and if that helps them get through their day, absolutely smashing, as long as what was supposed to get done, gets done. I mean, it's not like we didn't know Dubya was a bible-thumper or anything when we voted him in.

Quote:

5) Why did bush think it was funny to pretend to look for WMDs in his office, as part of some skit? aren't people dying in iraq? not funny.

People are dying everywhere. Besides, the WMDs in the White House are probably in one of the sub-basements (ie. enough explosives to take out the entire block), not in his office. It wasn't funny, but I wouldn't call it insensitive, or at least, not nearly as insensitive as, oh, I don't know, shutting down printing presses in Iraq that are disagreeing with American occupation. Fallujah, anyone?

Quote:

6) Why shouldn't abortion be legal? Bush doesnt think it should be.

And that's what he's said from the get-go. At least he didn't change his tune on this one like he did on his State of the Union, where he said he was cutting discretionary spending by 90%. Really great speech, if you can find it on tape... I laughed until I cried, and then i cried until I laughed, and then I started applying for my papers so I can move to Canada permanently.

Quote:

7) Why was Operation Pipe Dreams a good idea?

Hello? You're on a drug forum -- I hope you aren't trying to come up with someone to answer this positively. Whatever Bush may say, he's only repeating what the latest drug czar has told him to say about it. The DEA is out not to end the war on drugs, but to perpetuate it -- this is all of their livelihoods, this is how they put food on their tables, and this is how they support their families. If someone came up to you at your work and said "Welp, they've all got to go, their jobs are pointless," how do you think you'd react?

Quote:

8) Why did our attorney general waste $3000 covering up the breast on a statue that 15 prior attorney generals have stood in front of?

John Ashcroft is a DIRECT FUCKING RESULT of American idiocy. Whenever anything that could possibly be construed as controversial pops up, lawsuits follow it like fried chicken and black people (or fast food and white people, at least the black people are eating real meat). The media-publicized outcries and complaints that we hear are only a tiny minority of people, yet that's all you see in the media, is these complaints -- it's hard to write an article that says "So-and-so doesn't care that McDonald's makes him fat", so they publish the ones that blame everyone else, and to the reader of a paper that talks like that, they might think that we just want people to be responsible for us. We want the government to control things, but only the way WE want them controlled... but wouldn't WE be controlling it then, and not the government?

Bottom line, I don't like Ashcroft, but like EVERY OTHER PERSON IN THIS ADMINISTRATION, he believes he is doing what is right.

Quote:

9) Why can't you just admit Bush is an evil fuckwit?

Here's a reword on this question: 9. What, specifically, makes George W. Bush either a good, or a bad President?

In my opinion, Dubya's not a "good" Pres, per se, but he's definitely a strong one (refer to his brain trust), and I'd rather have a strong one in there than some wussy man who's gonna roll over to every crazy-libby lobby on Capitol Hill like Gore probably would have.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2650504 - 05/07/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

His statement was accurate. Yours as usual, was not.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
    #2650769 - 05/07/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
not only did the US believe Iraq had possessed functional WMDs, they knew it

Inaccurate.

The US didn't know that the Iraqis, at any time in the past (As indicated by the word 'had') posessed WMD's? Don't you constantly regurgitate the 'fact' that Rummy was the one selling them to him? If party X sells item Y to an individual, wouldn't party X be reasonable sure that the individual has item Y, unless evidence was offered of it's destruction. This is plain english here, no complications. Saddam had WMD's. Had is the past tense of the verb "to have". It doesn't mean in the recent past, or 14 years ago past, it means any point in prior chronology. That is what "had" means, and we do know that he "HAD" them.
Quote:

Inaccurate

Pinkys accuracy isn't even questionable here, your literacy is.
Quote:

But not in the previous 10 years. Indeed the vast bulk of chemical weapon use occured during the 80's while fully supported by the Reagan and Bush administration.

So, from your statment, would you say that Saddam HAD WMD's? Since you just said he was using them? And wasn't rummy participating in giving him those WMD's? Thus, wouldn't rummy know that he had them? Maybe in liberallogic things don't work that way. Or maybe you are a complete boob.

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
Re: my anit bush rants [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2650792 - 05/07/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

*singing*

Got to let your spirit go
Ad Hominems that ebb and flow
You're not stupid, you're just slow
I've got a lawn for you to mow

*/singing*

So, correct me if I'm wrong because asking about this always yields 50 different answers, all claiming to be the only truth, but in the 80s, Saddam gassed a bunch of Kurds, for which we got a little pissed, yelled at him, and he said he destroyed his WMD, and we apparently believed him (if we didn't, why didn't we go destroy them then?). Now, we use this same item that we believed destroyed, and we change our minds on believing it? It just doesn't hold water.

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: my anit bush rants [Re: taco]
    #2650803 - 05/07/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

taco said:
So, correct me if I'm wrong because asking about this always yields 50 different answers, all claiming to be the only truth, but in the 80s, Saddam gassed a bunch of Kurds, for which we got a little pissed, yelled at him, and he said he destroyed his WMD, and we apparently believed him (if we didn't, why didn't we go destroy them then?). Now, we use this same item that we believed destroyed, and we change our minds on believing it? It just doesn't hold water.

Can you show me where Saddam said that he destroyed them back inthe 80's? It seems that it would be odd for us to have the restrictions placed upon him after the persian gulf war if he did this.

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
    #2650813 - 05/07/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, gimme a couple mins to scare up an article or two. It's just more revisionist American history, just like how we won the Vietnam War.

edit;
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2003/03/55587.html

I know it's a little older, but I remember them talking about it after the Gulf War and, more recently, last year.

Edited by taco (05/07/04 05:11 PM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2656974 - 05/09/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

your literacy is.

Ah yes...my literacy. How does it compare to yours I wonder? Surprisingly enough there are precisely two people on the board who have spelled "palestinean" the way you do in the last year - TOYK and you...

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder