Home | Community | Message Board


Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Tacos

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Registered: 10/19/00
Posts: 12,949
Loc: Dominican Republic
Last seen: 1 year, 10 months
Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms?
    #2650691 - 05/07/04 05:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

From http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/05/politics/main615769.shtml --

Mrs. Kerry has been called a reporter's dream, thanks in part to her candid and often colorful remarks that can raise eyebrows and generate a flurry of press activity.

At a routine Q&A event with workers from a New York healthcare union, Mrs. Kerry caused one such stir when responding to a voter's question about drug abuse among schoolchildren. ?I used to say, you know, you do some drugs and you come and tell me. I want to know what it was like. You do cocaine and I'll kill you," she said, referring to the advice she gave her sons when they were coming of age.

The audience chuckled and there were no discernable grimaces on the faces of Mrs. Kerry's aides. The senator's wife continued, "One of them did tell me that he did try mushrooms or something. He didn't like it because it frightened him." (The Heinz sons were not contacted to confirm or deny their mother's accusations.)




pinky


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
Registered: 12/27/03
Posts: 410
Loc: Arizona
Last seen: 3 years, 6 months
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: Phred]
    #2650703 - 05/07/04 05:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, absolute gold! It kind of makes you wonder, though... these people were late 20s, early 30s, during the 60s and 70s, and they never did drugs? And we want these people, with whom we can't even relate on this, to run our country? She sounds kind of airhead-y... I'll admit I haven't done much research on Kerry, as I'm still pissed that Dean had to drop out of the race.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 03/06/02
Posts: 22,840
Loc: To the limit!
Last seen: 2 months, 8 days
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: Phred]
    #2650712 - 05/07/04 05:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hunt's ketchup is better.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Registered: 10/10/02
Posts: 27,301
Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: taco]
    #2650783 - 05/07/04 06:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

taco said:
Haha, absolute gold! It kind of makes you wonder, though... these people were late 20s, early 30s, during the 60s and 70s, and they never did drugs?



John Kerry has admitted to having smoked marijuana.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Registered: 04/30/03
Posts: 1,591
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2650814 - 05/07/04 06:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I admit to having smoked marijuana. a lot.


--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
Registered: 12/27/03
Posts: 410
Loc: Arizona
Last seen: 3 years, 6 months
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2650921 - 05/07/04 07:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

See, that's the thing man, he "admitted" to smoking pot, like it's a fucking problem!  "Yeah, I smoked pot!  I loved every minute, and it made me think about my life, helped me relax from stressful situations, and gave me the inspiration to start playing guitar!"

That's what I want to hear. :smile: We've got such a stigma on drugs in the media that it's -always- cast in a negative light.  Only exception I can really think of offhand was the recent Dateline special on Ecstasy, where they actually went into the therapeutic uses and benefits of MDMA.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Registered: 10/10/02
Posts: 27,301
Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: taco]
    #2650954 - 05/07/04 07:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

taco said:
See, that's the thing man, he "admitted" to smoking pot, like it's a fucking problem! "Yeah, I smoked pot! I loved every minute, and it made me think about my life, helped me relax from stressful situations, and gave me the inspiration to start playing guitar!"



Actually, he's expressed no regret about it. They simply asked him(along with the other candidates) during one of the debates whether or not he had smoked pot, he gave a simple "yes." No excuses, no rationalizations or anything. He just said yes. He's also been highly critical of the War on Drugs, and has said that he's known many pot smokers whose use he would not consider to be abuse. He is by far the most drug-friendly candidate with any chance of winning.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinephi1618
old hand

Registered: 02/14/04
Posts: 4,102
Last seen: 6 years, 6 months
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2651100 - 05/07/04 08:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

He is by far the most drug-friendly candidate with any chance of winning.




:lol:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Registered: 10/10/02
Posts: 27,301
Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: phi1618]
    #2651103 - 05/07/04 08:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It's funny cuz it's true.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
Registered: 12/27/03
Posts: 410
Loc: Arizona
Last seen: 3 years, 6 months
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2651105 - 05/07/04 08:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

A lot about Kerry just doesn't seem to add up, to me. A decorated, multiple-tour war veteran, who voluntarily went into the service to fight in Vietnam, being anti-war? I see. He simply said "yes" with no connotations when asked if he used marijuana, and the lack of negative ones makes people think it's a positive statement. Another mistaken impression is that the President can really -do- anything about the War on Drugs... they can talk, and give speeches, and turn the tide of public opinion if they're any good, but they can't actually CHANGE anything. The only people who can do that are our Congressmen and employees and officers of the DEA, many of whom, I would very easily believe are taking bribes from well-connected drug rings to turn a blind eye to their operations.

Someone mentioned Kerry's "drug voting record" in another thread, and I saw a total of 3 votes dating back to 1996. Are you telling me this is -all- the voting he's done on drug bills? It just doesn't look quite right. I'm gonna check into a bit and I'll edit if I find any juicy stuff on it, and I hope someone else will as well.

I've just got this really sneaky feeling that one way or another, whether our next President is G. W. Bush or John Kerry, it's going to turn out almost identically -- the path that Bush has blitzed us on to in the last 4 years is not one we are going to easily be able to extract ourselves from, and anyone who does it isn't going to be popular.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Registered: 10/10/02
Posts: 27,301
Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Would you like ketchup on those scary shrooms? [Re: taco]
    #2651158 - 05/07/04 08:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

taco said:
A lot about Kerry just doesn't seem to add up, to me. A decorated, multiple-tour war veteran, who voluntarily went into the service to fight in Vietnam, being anti-war? I see.



He went when his country called upon him to do so. Then, after seeing the horrors of war first-hand, he denounced what we were doing. I don't see what's so hard to accept about that.

Quote:

He simply said "yes" with no connotations when asked if he used marijuana, and the lack of negative ones makes people think it's a positive statement. Another mistaken impression is that the President can really -do- anything about the War on Drugs... they can talk, and give speeches, and turn the tide of public opinion if they're any good, but they can't actually CHANGE anything.



I see. So it wasn't Nixon who started the War on Drugs? It wasn't all the subsequent presidents who continued to devote more and more funding for the War on Drugs each year in their budget proposals? It wasn't the Bush administration who started Operation Pipe Dreams? If you think the president doesn't have the power to change these things, you are sadly mistaken.

Quote:

The only people who can do that are our Congressmen and employees and officers of the DEA, many of whom, I would very easily believe are taking bribes from well-connected drug rings to turn a blind eye to their operations.



Maybe you're not aware of the fact that the head of the DEA is a presidential appointee.

Quote:

Someone mentioned Kerry's "drug voting record" in another thread, and I saw a total of 3 votes dating back to 1996. Are you telling me this is -all- the voting he's done on drug bills? It just doesn't look quite right. I'm gonna check into a bit and I'll edit if I find any juicy stuff on it, and I hope someone else will as well.



It's all the stuff I've found, and the site I've found it on seems to be fairly objective(not that total objectivity is possible).

Quote:

I've just got this really sneaky feeling that one way or another, whether our next President is G. W. Bush or John Kerry, it's going to turn out almost identically -- the path that Bush has blitzed us on to in the last 4 years is not one we are going to easily be able to extract ourselves from, and anyone who does it isn't going to be popular.



Some things will not change, but I am convinced that in areas like the environment, civil liberties, and to some extent foreign policy, a lot will change.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Tacos

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bought Hunts ketchup instead of heinz ketchup. SteinM 922 9 11/01/04 01:46 PM
by Innvertigo
* more veterans have committed suicide this year than have been killed during the entire conflict
( 1 2 all )
afoaf 2,049 37 11/28/07 06:24 PM
by Luddite
* Republicans cut veterans' benefits EchoVortex 575 7 04/15/03 03:52 PM
by Azmodeus
* Bush Admin: Plan to cut Veterans Healthcare in two years. The_Red_Crayon 1,352 12 02/25/07 10:07 AM
by zappaisgod
* Heinz, PFC Lynch, Kerry and the magic bullet wounds PsiloKitten 252 1 04/06/03 03:20 AM
by Ellis Dee
* President Obama's Half-brother Arrested for Marijuana Possession
( 1 2 all )
DiploidM 2,427 31 02/06/09 02:05 AM
by johnm214
* Legalizing Shrooms Anonymous 566 2 08/08/02 08:10 AM
by buttonion
* scary...
( 1 2 all )
Edame 1,582 21 04/22/04 12:15 PM
by Grav

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Prisoner#1, Enlil
809 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.056 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.