Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJuggtop
Stranger

Phish Festival
    #2634338 - 05/03/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone know when the next phish festival is... not bonnaroo but if they are just having a solo festival. I heard that they were having one this summer but i was just wondering if anyone else has any other kind of details.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: Phish Festival [Re: Juggtop]
    #2634970 - 05/03/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i think it's supposed to be in vermont, but there is no set place/date....there was a website i saw about it and it was gonna be a lot better then previous ones as in not as far from highway, only like 10 miles, 25 lane wide entrance gate or something...this was only for 1 of the places they were thinking of though..that wasn't for sure. it was really cool though, if they do it where i was reading about it would be awesome.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

OfflineJuggtop
Stranger

Re: Phish Festival [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2637845 - 05/04/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well i would appreciate any kind of links to sites that supply some information on the summer festival. I heard vermont too but that was way up in the air. phish.com doesnt even have any info on this. Appreciate anything you guys have.

OfflineMizzJazzy
The Loved andLoathed

Loc: Florida, USA
    #2645641 - 05/06/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Your best bet is to check the Phish.com site daily...

I find that places like phish.music.rec and others often have misleading information.

--------------------
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humprey Bogart

:fire: "Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?" :fire:

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #2645772 - 05/06/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It was in the PHISH NEWS UPDATE, they said they are trying to work out a festival in Vermont. They said it would be announced soon. It was in the e-mail with the original tour, some one might have it around here, I deleted mine.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Phish Festival [Re: Adom]
    #2645814 - 05/06/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I`ve never heard any Phish before ...well i probably have but just didnt know it..

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: Phish Festival [Re: OldSpice]
    #2645830 - 05/06/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

They are okay, I used to love the shit out of them, it was one of the first bands that played real music I found.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Phish Festival [Re: Adom]
    #2646116 - 05/06/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ive just heard that they try to sound like the Dead :confused:I am curious to hear some of their stuff ...I guess i should ck out their website

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2646144 - 05/06/04 03:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That is pretty ridiculous dude, that is some lame remark for people who think the Dead invented improv. Seriously see for yourself, they sound nothing like the Dead at all!

http://mollusk.ndis.umn.edu/phish.html

Looks like good stuff is playing now. Maybe some other fans will chime in and give a good place to listen.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2649730 - 05/07/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, The past couple years they have done the IT festival, but so far they haven't scheduled one for this year. Looks like this summer they will be doing an east coast tour- I am so bummed, I live on the west coast so will miss them. Trey's band is playing at the Austin City limits festival, looks sweet--Ben Harper will be there too. Page's band Vida Blue is doing a west coast tour http://www.vidablue.net/tourdates/
and below you can see the info about Trey's band. Hope that helps.

TREY ANASTASIO TO PLAY AUSTIN CITY LIMITS FESTIVAL IN SEPTEMBER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trey Anastasio will be performing with his ten-piece band at the third
annual Austin City Limits Music Festival, held in Austin, Texas's
Zilker
Park September 17-19. Trey will be headlining on the main stage on
Saturday September 18. Other performers include Ben Harper and Jack
Johnson, The Pixies, Sheryl Crow, and about 125 other bands playing on
eight stages. The festival does not offer camping on site.

Tickets for the festival have already gone on sale at the ACL Fest web
site at http://www.aclfestival.com. Tickets are currently at the
'early-bird' price of only $70 for a three-day pass, but are expected
to go up from there. We will not be selling tickets for this event
through Trey Anastasio Tickets. Full show information for this festival
will not appear on the Phish or Trey site until next week.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2649745 - 05/07/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

They are imo one of the best live bands if you like jam music...They have the feeling of flying in most of their music, with lots of jazzy beautiful stuff, sometimes they play darker stuff but almost always graduating into beautiful light and love...that may sound weird, but once you listen to them you will know what I mean. They were totally influenced by the Dead, used to be a Dead cover band but now really have their own sound. They have been playing for 20+ years now. I will burn you a cd if you want, just im me and send me your address.

namaste!

Anonymous

Re: Phish Festival [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2649975 - 05/07/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah my boss went to school with Paig(sp?) And played a bunch back in the day with JMP.

I like your description of there music. Flying.... now that you say that I realize it. When I see them its interesting though. For a jam band as big as they are I just cant quite dance the way I like to.

Offlinedaveball0420
journeyman
    #2650441 - 05/07/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Phish is a band that you have to get really into and seriously listen to some of the lyrics to truely appreciate. Just stuff like that they can have an audience of 14000 people all swaying and singing the lines to such a childish song like Contact (dont get me wrong, i love it, but the lyrics are really kinda stupid). But then again it is also really great that when they right songs are played in the right order, they tell an entire story of Wilson and the lizards of gamehendge. I am just amazed by the music that they play, and i think that everyone should check them out.

Anyway, sorry to impose on your thread, but has anybody here heard Treys new album Sies de Mayo? Ive heard that it is absolutly amazing... especially his version of guyute. im thinking about getting it, but has anyone here heard it? what do you think?

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: Phish Festival [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2650686 - 05/07/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Phish has never had the same festival twice, It was only last year.  I like your description of their music.  Trey's soaring leads are pretty intense at times  :zoom:

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Phish Gets Permit [Re: Juggtop]
    #2650967 - 05/07/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

BY SETH POWERS, Staff Writer
Thursday May 6, 2004

COVENTRY VERMONT
With one permit down and one more to go, two of the key ingredients may be finalized by the end of this week that could determine whether popular jam band Phish will hold a summer concert in Coventry.

Among other things, the finalization of a possible Aug. 14 and 15 concert has been held up by two permits the production company, Northeast Productions, had to obtain.

The company has received written permission from the Federal Aviation Administration to shut down the Newport State Airport for the duration of the concert, Coventry Selectman Mike Marcotte said.

This leaves the company in negotiations over the large assemblies permit.

"That's still under review process," said Maj. James Dimmick of the state police. "We are still negotiating and speaking with promoters about the event."

Dimmick thought the negotiations might be concluded by the end of the week.

Fans - and the majority of the Coventry community - are hoping the band will return to Vermont, Marcotte said. It would be the band's first tour stop in Vermont since 1995.

The concert is expected to draw between 50,000 and 70,000 "phans" and bring more than $10 million to Coventry and surrounding towns.

And, Marcotte said, it's the talk of Coventry and beyond. "The whole county is buzzing about it."
http://www.caledonianrecord.com/pages/local_news/story/1ac216b2d

OfflineJuggtop
Stranger

Re: Phish Gets Permit [Re: Adom]
    #2663412 - 05/11/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

They dont sound anything like the dead... sorry alounacara. Listen to them more and you will find their sound is much different. They just attract the same kind of crowd. I guess you could call Phish a newer dead, but the dead is legendary and no one can take their spot. Phish seems to me to have much of a more jam band sound than the dead.

Oh and to add something, if you do decide to check out some phish music and think its alright, just go to their concert and you will be blown away. You'll have much respect for them after you see them live.

Edited by Juggtop (05/11/04 01:32 PM)

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: Phish Gets Permit [Re: Juggtop]
    #2663424 - 05/11/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

phish sounds nothing like the dead. they have a similar crowd kind of but they aren't like the dead.

phishgrrl- they only did "IT" once, it was at the same location as some other festivals "great went", "limestone" (i'm not to sure if that was the same place, but i think so). It's at Loring Airforce Base, in Maine. They did "Big Cypress" at a Seminole Indian reservation in florida. I'm excited to see what they call the festival this year.

--------------------

OfflineJuggtop
Stranger

Re: Phish Gets Permit [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2667451 - 05/12/04 05:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ya ive been waiting for the word for weeks.... can't wait for the festival.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2668353 - 05/12/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, even though i MOST likely won't be able to afford to go whereever it is, i'm stillr eally excited to hear where it is and everything. i hope they get back into steady tours instead of htis couple day runs thing and stuff....this coming summer tour is pretty weak, but atleast they are coming by me. My cousin has an extra ticket for the 1st night at Alpine that he will sell to me, and he's holding onto it for me which is cool, and i will get the 2nd night somehow, if i don't get it before the shows, i will easily be able to get one in the lots.

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #2668424 - 05/12/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

They got the first permit for the festival, the one that closes down the nearby airport, in Vermont. The second permit is being cleared, for the mass gathering that will occur...go to www.phantasytour.com and go to the phish section, and then the news section, there's links about it..

Also, rumors of two Halloween shows at MSG this year. :-D

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder