Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWanderingSpore
Stranger
 User Gallery
Hello Everyone! Got a puzzle maybe one of you can solve.
    #26501662 - 02/24/20 04:22 PM (1 year, 8 days ago)

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and happy to be apart of the community.  I will definitely be digesting some information as well as exploring the concepts of mind and consciousness threads later. 

But right now I just need help identifing if I have a good or bad mushie growing inside my place.  I just discovered a cap and am wondering if I have just the single one growing or if I need to start looking around for more.  I will attach some photos, any help will be welcomed. 

Thank you for letting me join your community!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

Loc: Bravos
Re: Hello Everyone! Got a puzzle maybe one of you can solve. [Re: WanderingSpore]
    #26501665 - 02/24/20 04:25 PM (1 year, 8 days ago)

Is...is that a mushroom growing from your carpet?
Prolly not a good “clean room” candidate:rofl2:

OfflineWanderingSpore
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Hello Everyone! Got a puzzle maybe one of you can solve. [Re: feldman114]
    #26501708 - 02/24/20 04:53 PM (1 year, 8 days ago)

I'm actually temporarily in an RV from the 70s, so it's as clean as it possible can be.  Already had to fight off some black mold (different story all together).  So yeah, I figure it's probably from the vent or really old carpet.  :/

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

Re: Hello Everyone! Got a puzzle maybe one of you can solve. [Re: WanderingSpore]
    #26501739 - 02/24/20 05:19 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Oh ok, though you were asking if it’s active lol.

So there’s never JUST a mushroom. Is it attached to a wooden surface? There’s definitely something foul going on under that carpet or behind the radiator guard.

They’re not harmful unless you eat them. Now black mold is a different story, but it seems you already knew that.

P.S. Welcome to the Boomery!! Make yourself right at home:mushroom2::rasta:

Offlinefluorescent
Unexpected.
 User Gallery

#26501845 - 02/24/20 06:19 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

In on this one, very interested to hear what the TI's have to say.

OfflineWanderingSpore
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Hello Everyone! Got a puzzle maybe one of you can solve. [Re: fluorescent]
    #26501935 - 02/24/20 07:00 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Yeah, I have tried using any digital analog to identify it, but seems I am drawing a blank.  I've never seen a cap on this long type of stem that has this cracking.  It doesn't seem to have had a Halo, but there are some remnants of an orange or yellow/gold veil.  Maybe that's just spores, I'm no expert.  Just want to make sure it's not poisenous or could mean I have bigger issues.  I'm a friend to all fungi, they've been here way longer than I or we have!

OfflineWanderingSpore
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26501940 - 02/24/20 07:04 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

To answer your question, I believe it's coming from the wood behind the vent.  I'll probably end up removing the vent to see if there is more too.  This occured after a rain here, see to have fruited in less than a day since I didn't see it yesterday.

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

#26502405 - 02/25/20 12:26 AM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Well the cracking is prolly due to dryness (low humidity). You should ask in Mushroom Hunting & ID or ask a mod to move this thread there.

Invisiblestaytrippy420

Loc: Canada Flag
    #26503031 - 02/25/20 01:57 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

That is an awesome pic :lol:

--------------------
Tek's I use

LAGM2020

OfflineSyntax.Error
Ringmaster
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Hello Everyone! Got a puzzle maybe one of you can solve. [Re: staytrippy420]
    #26503051 - 02/25/20 02:07 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

Wow crazy would like to see it identified lol

Offlinealaskappalachian
peakbagger

Loc: The 49th Dimension
Re: Hello Everyone! Got a puzzle maybe one of you can solve. [Re: Syntax.Error]
    #26503161 - 02/25/20 03:05 PM (1 year, 7 days ago)

To get an ID, pick that bugger (it's not active, by the by), get better pics of the specimen close-up, get a photo of the gills (underside of the cap) close up in good, natural light, and take a spore print (you an reference how to do that on the Mushroom Identification forum sticky threads).  I lived in 5th wheels and assorted RVs for years, and they just love to grow mold and hold moisture in wierd areas as they age and weatherproofing becomes something in the past tense (and just becasue of how they are build and exchange air/moisture).  Don't eat it though.  Also do yourself a favor and rip that carpet up a bit so you can find/address the obvious moisture-holding issues it's creating.  You likely have some mycelium growing in your subflooring, and the carpet is holding moisture and creating a perfect environment (for that miushroom and mold(s) both...

--------------------

“Science does not need mysticism and mysticism does not need science. But man needs both.”
-Fritjof Capra

LAGM2021

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started