Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleHeruuka
 User Gallery

URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa * 2
    #26495584 - 02/20/20 04:32 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

An unseasonable cyclone woke up a bunch of locusts in the empty quarter of Oman and there is a window of approximately 10 days to act After March 1, if the swarm hasn't been contained... well, everything and everyone in Africa is going to starve.

As you can see from this slide in the above video[@35:20], there is a very short period of time to address this before it becomes unmanageable and catastrophic. There is a plan and the infrastructure to deal with this problem now, but they need countries to release money to the UN FAO to pay for it.They're even manufacturing the biopesticides right there in Kenya.

If you watch the end of the video you will see that the USA has committed only $800,000 and some "PPE". The ask is less than $100 million, but the cost of not throwing EVERYTHING at this RIGHT NOW is unimaginable. 10 million people will starve to death in the immediate term, and the ones that don't will be right pissed about more resources being spent on protecting property in australia than millions of lives in africa. If starvation can be prevented, we must prevent it, especially when its our consumption that's the cause of this in the first place.

This is an event caused by the heat of our consumption, being trapped by the waste of our consumption, causing a lot more water to be held in much bigger weather systems that travel along new paths, disrupting natural patterns that would otherwise be in balance. This is our fault and the consequences of our unchecked greed.

If we have any part of our moral compass still intact, we'll realize that this is something we can't afford to allow to progress and will sort it out. If we don't, it will be the last act of not giving a shit before the entire world gives up, and the news of summer 2020 will be how we let Africa starve, including the animals. This won't stop and there won't be another opportunity where developmental stages of locusts aren't overlapping, and it's hard to spray them in the air or kill the larvae. This will grow to a disaster in very little time and will directly affect the price of everything, especially cell phones, if life isn't enough of a reason to care.

Please write your elected representatives RIGHT NOW (the urgency cannot be overstated) to release all funding requested by the UN FAO to address this issue. There have been much bigger individual donations to protect property in Australia than the entire project budget. Also, what does money do against fire in a heatwave? This is something we can actually PREVENT, so it's worth everything even if our chances of succeeding weren't as good as they are.

Thank you
H

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: Heruuka] * 1
    #26495592 - 02/20/20 04:37 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

In before someone blames this on Trump or says it is God's way of punishing the world for something the USA did.

:laugh2:

Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

Loc: Upstate NY
Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: mycosis] * 1
    #26495608 - 02/20/20 04:46 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I guess the book of revelations was right

--------------------

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: mycosis]
    #26495769 - 02/20/20 06:07 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mycosis said:
In before someone blames this on Trump or says it is God's way of punishing the world for something the USA did.

:laugh2:

It is the fundamentalist Christians who tend to invoke the hand of God as punishment. Don't worry. They are with Trump.

Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: VP123]
    #26495780 - 02/20/20 06:16 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I was joking about revelations, but im 100% certain my boomer parents are waiting for the rapture any minute now :willynilly:

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: audiophoenix]
    #26496261 - 02/20/20 11:20 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Might be God delivering Yemen atasty snack.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: Heruuka]
    #26496328 - 02/21/20 12:59 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I can't remember if it was Exorcist II or Exorcist III that foretold this. But 40 years later I remember Linda Blair talking about the Devil in the form of African locusts and calling it what sounded to me like (this was before captioning) Isuzu. I don't remember this often, cause it wasn't a good movie, but when I do I always think, was it a Japanese car company?

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleHeruuka
 User Gallery

Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26531115 - 03/12/20 02:06 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure you guys are thinking this through. And Trump did have the chance to stop this, but instead of footing the tiny $75 million ask, he sent $8 million. There was a window to address this and it was missed because no one cared enough to put up the money.

That "nature abhors a vacuum" saying also applies here. How hard do you think it is to recruit people into your ranks if you wait for them to get really hungry and then offer them food? Cartels and other organized crime, along with the usual bad actors, already have a foothold in the region. Do we really want to have an entire continent being fed by the sorts of people that already have an axe to grind against America?

I really don't want to spell this out literally, but can you not think ahead of what it looks like when you turn your back on the world that is collapsing because of our consumption? This is how you make a whole army of enemies with nothing to lose.

If you REALLY want to "keep america great" you'd realize that we're literally all in this together until we decide to turn our backs on the world. This will only happen once, and it will set in stone the direction this takes on a global scale. We can either work together to keep this together, or we can do the "mad max" thing, which is just a movie and the reality is far far worse and more violent.

There are no safe places in the world, but we can reduce our own risk by being good actors in the world rather than trying to keep making the same mistakes that got us here to begin with. Egoistic altruism works and it's the only way forward that doesn't involve sudden and complete collapse.

If you have doubts about the severity of the situation, please read this article carefully and think about the broader implications. Millions of sea birds shouldnt be starving to death on their regular migratory patterns, unless there's really just no fish that they can find or so few that they just barely made it to shore.

I'm surprised by the lack of concern in this community especially. Mushrooms, for me, have always given me a deep love and appreciation for nature and the value of all living things. This isn't biblical outside of the evolutionary fuses we keep tripping by living like kings. How many tradesmen from 30 years ago could afford the lifestyles of nearly everyone today? who hasn't gone on a tropical vacation? Since we're not paying for our emissions, we have no idea what level of damage we're causing outside of the signals we get back from nature, which are clear and extreme.

This is the very beginning of a future of hardship and loss and we're already overwhelmed because we're still trying to make the machine that caused all this, run at an ever increasing rate. Hopefully the slow down from the coronavirus will give us an indication of whether or not we're still in control or if we've pushed this beyond the point of repair, but no God is behind this. This is the greed of a few generations of people that refused to listen to scientists that warned there is a cost to consumption that is not being accounted for. A few generations of that and a lot of really focused ads and we think this is all just fine... i mean, if you can afford it you can afford it, right?

All I'm asking is that we don't give up at the first opportunity. All our celebrating of military history, liberating people from oppressive powers... we're now making the choice to be those oppressors simply out of greed. The virus stuff is indiscriminate but will still disproportionately affect the people that had the least to do with the cause of this; the locusts, on the other hand, are specifically affecting the already food-insecure and wouldn't have come out of stasis and spread so quickly if not for our constant consumption of energy.

If you aren't in agreement with this, I'd suggest you read the research and the primary science because you're likely getting your information through a journalist or staff writer that is racing to meet a deadline and beat their peers to the story, often missing the most important parts. Scientific literacy is now a requirement for all of us to be making informed decisions that WILL shape the future. This is the last moment to prevent - or at least delay - a life of increasingly violent catastrophe. Even selfishly, it makes sense to learn about what's actually happening and what acute risks you personally face as well as what you can do to help your neighbor. I promise you that if we try to go this alone, on any scale, it will be hell on earth but no one is going to show up to save anyone because even if there were a god, I'm pretty sure the people that cooked his planet to death aren't getting eternal prizes.

Something I've never understood about the evangelicals. Is God supposed to be the god of this planet or the god of the universe? If it's the former, are there other gods in the universe watching over other planets? and if it's the latter, how does our planet's self destruction constitute the "end times"? is God going to wipe out the universe as well? None of this makes any sense to me. Especially the part about being rewarded eternally despite ignoring the pleas of fellow humans, let alone animals, to share our resources in times of need. Pretty sure Jesus wouldn't be down with fracking or the general size of life lead in North America, courtesy of criminally low paid workers in China. The whole thing is very unchristian on a macro scale. Hard to explain how it's not just another form of slavery.

Side benefit of all of this is that it almost requires world peace and if we work together, we can potentially get back to a more natural existence and stop living like animals in a zoo that voluntarily lock themselves in at night.

I don't expect anyone to read all this, but i desperately hope some of you start to consider the consequences of not acting in a world increasingly controlled by the most ruthless regimes imaginable. For our own sakes, it's time to take our freedoms seriously and use them for good before we lose them along with everything else.

I say this with love for all of you, no matter who you are or what you've done. We're comrades in arms now and it's time to stop fighting over whether or not there's a "war" while we're hanging out in the trenches without any weapons because we refuse to admit there's even an enemy. At most we have another year left to start fixing this or we will wipe this planet clean like an etch-a-sketch and it will be our fault.

I'm not comfortable with that and I can't understand why anyone else is except that they haven't seen the actual data. Please, do yourself a favor and stop listening to people like me and start reading the research yourself. You're all plenty smart enough, and it's completely available.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I wish you all health and safety in the coming year. Please be good to each other.

H

OnlineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#26531606 - 03/12/20 07:33 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

What the fuck is going on!

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Offlineaudiophoenix
Find Peace
Male User Gallery

Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26531742 - 03/12/20 08:51 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

God damnit

:jonespalm:

--------------------

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: audiophoenix]
    #26531821 - 03/12/20 09:46 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Locusts are edible, the people can survive. Not so sure about some of the wildlife.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26532138 - 03/13/20 05:22 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I can't remember if it was Exorcist II or Exorcist III that foretold this. But 40 years later I remember Linda Blair talking about the Devil in the form of African locusts and calling it what sounded to me like (this was before captioning) Isuzu. I don't remember this often, cause it wasn't a good movie, but when I do I always think, was it a Japanese car company?

Exorcist II.  Terrible movie.  I remember the locusts.  I also remember some fucking red ball coming out of some dude's mouth in slow motion and hitting a puddle of water.

That's about it.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: Heruuka] * 1
    #26703149 - 05/29/20 01:21 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Looks like the locusts made it through the Middle East and are now going into Pakistan and India.

Warnings of 'Catastrophic Consequences' as Locust Swarms Hit India and Pakistan in Midst of Coronavirus Crisis

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
    #26705577 - 05/29/20 07:42 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

LET'S BURN DOWN SOME BUILDINGS OVER THIS!!!

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: meltdowner] * 1
    #26707176 - 05/30/20 01:41 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

This has been going on for months and gets surprising little media coverage.

--------------------

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: JizzMasterZero]
    #26707206 - 05/30/20 01:56 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

This is certainly going to cause millions to be hungrier than they already were, all the while farmers here are killing their crops prematurely because of Corona Virus. It’s a really fucked up situation on a huge scale. It blows my mind that the media ignores this.

--------------------

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: URGENT - Locust Situation in Africa [Re: JizzMasterZero]
    #26707342 - 05/30/20 03:14 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

If they keep eating our crops & we will retaliate by eating them as a snack,

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies