Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

You can pick the green stuff out you know,
    #2649194 - 05/07/04 07:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I spawned WBS to poo and straw but had extra straw so I just quick and made a mix with moslty straw and just covered by poo a tiny bit but enough to speckle all the straw.

Well the top layer is straw and lo' and behold when I checked the container some days later it had green stuff growing on the wbs that were exposed to the top layer and some on the straw. I would say maybe 10 wbseeds and a tiny piece of exposed straw.

So I picked off the seeds and each day just kept looking and picking away the green stuff.

Well it must have worked becuase the white stuff took over the substrate even upon examination of the whole container.

Ive seen that green stuff just about explode with growth before, but this was able to be halted. Its great becuase it was a large casing that would have been a waste to throw out. So maybe sometimes its better to stick it out and just be really precise by getting every offending piece outta there as soon as possible.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: USA
Re: You can pick the green stuff out you know, [Re: Scolecite]
    #2649557 - 05/07/04 11:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

good thinking... they offer that kind of teaching in logicland...

Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

a lot more and alittle less.

Loc: (roughly) portland, OR
Re: You can pick the green stuff out you know, [Re: Scolecite]
    #2653873 - 05/08/04 05:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

uh, yeah. other than the fact that blue-green mold is greyish- whitish for at least 24 hours previous to turning green.

its a possibilty that things will be okay, but that's because there is allways a possibilty of anything.

before you consume any of the shrooms from that casing, disect it. feel free to dry them and all that buisness, but don't try and get ever last shroom out of the casing. cancel it before it gets old enough for a gauranteed contam, and disect it to check the insides for coloration.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum