Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31
OfflineLSA Woodrose
Stranger

Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: Sockadin]
    #26607843 - 04/17/20 10:46 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Munchauzen said:
Mushrooms are food. If you went to the grocery store to buy mushrooms to cook, and you saw sad withered pitiful fruits like that, would you buy them? Not saying its contaminated, but from a food perspective, those look a good bit past prime or 'spoiled.' Probably fine to eat, esp after drying em, but not something you would want to share.

Agreed on all points. This is why I asked if it would be a good idea to just toss them en masse, white fluff and all, into the dehydrator with my other fresh Costa Rico. If I dry it with, say 30 grams of fresh, then grind the whole mess up in my coffee grinder, and stuff them into 00 capsules, then whatever is in that white shit, good, bad, or ultra potent, it will all be diffused into the mixed up powder, right? Probably safer that way, not to mention will likely give me a much more predictable effect when dosing, rather than trying to figure out how potent or toxic all that white shit is by itself.

On a side note, I am very uncertain how and if to "share" mushrooms. Not because I'm a cheapskate or anything. I mean, I certainly have enough to share. The problem is that the moment you sell, trade, or give away a Schedule I substance like mushrooms, according to the DEA, I am now basically Walter White or Jessie Pinkman, take your pick. Because even just giving it away makes me guilty of trafficking in a Schedule I narcotic, according to our despicably draconian drug laws.

Quote:

Sockadin said:
If you put them in the dehydrator your won't be able to tell which ones were which because that mycelium will dehydrate and you won't even notice they had a bit of mycelium.

Actually, this was kind of my point, and my intent. If they all get mixed into a much bigger batch, when I toss the whole kit-and-kaboodle into the coffee grinder, I will get a somewhat homogenized mix, as whatever that white shit is disburses throughout the pile-o-powder.

Or am I missing something here?

And yeah, I was thinking a year, too...Yaaay!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: LSA Woodrose]
    #26607920 - 04/17/20 11:20 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

If your friend comes over and the two of you drink a tea and police bust in, it's not like they're gonna charge you for both drinking the tea and for giving your friend a tea as well :shrug: I'm guessing both of you will be punished the same for ingesting illegal narcotic mushrooms. And hey, if you're not picky about what you eat and you'll eat rotten mushrooms if spread out over healthy ones then go at it :thumbup:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Edited by Mateja (04/17/20 11:21 AM)

OfflineLSA Woodrose
Stranger

Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: Mateja] * 1
    #26607967 - 04/17/20 11:42 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

lol Fair enough Mateah!

Okay, I was just misting and seeing what cakes are ready to be harvested from, when all this caught my eye. Please tell me this is all mycelium and not some form of white mold or other contaminant? These are all cakes that are beginning their second flush, by the way.

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: LSA Woodrose] * 2
    #26607984 - 04/17/20 11:50 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Nope just fuzzy feet. Your good.

OfflineLSA Woodrose
Stranger

Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: Sockadin]
    #26608028 - 04/17/20 12:09 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome, thanks! :mushroom2:

OfflineLSA Woodrose
Stranger

Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: LSA Woodrose] * 1
    #26614752 - 04/20/20 09:22 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Just checking in and posting this. There is a lot more white fuzz in these I picked this morning. This cake is on its second flush, and off the top of my head, I am assuming this is all right? There's just a whole lot of white fuzz. I already picked them and stuck them in their own little bowl, covered, in the fridge.

Invisiblewoofwoof
such mushrooms!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: LSA Woodrose] * 2
    #26615357 - 04/20/20 01:17 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

seems like genetics. Fuzzy feet, as they are called, can sometimes also be caused by lack of fresh air, however, your fruits look like and meaty so I would rule out lack of fresh air. What do I mean? In this case, it appears to be genetics. No worries, they look great buddy

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: LSA Woodrose] * 1
    #26615437 - 04/20/20 01:48 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes they just grow mycelium around the base. Its somewhat common and not really an issue. If its excessive than yeah, got to increase FAE. But those pics look fine.

OfflineLSA Woodrose
Stranger

Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: woofwoof]
    #26615730 - 04/20/20 04:07 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

woofwoof said:
seems like genetics. Fuzzy feet, as they are called, can sometimes also be caused by lack of fresh air, however, your fruits look like and meaty so I would rule out lack of fresh air. What do I mean? In this case, it appears to be genetics. No worries, they look great buddy

Thanks, guys!

Oh and here is one I picked from one of my Golden Teacher cakes:

OfflineSpaceBaby
alchemist
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SPACE
Re: I Need A Lot of Help to Start Cultivating Mushrooms - Total N00b Here! [Re: LSA Woodrose]
    #27382440 - 07/10/21 08:34 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LSA Woodrose said:
I totally agree on hygiene. Not just for fruiting either. When I inoculated all my jars, I took a shower right before, scrubbing everything. I put on fresh, clean clothes. I put my hair into a doo-rag, since human hair has a lot of microbes in it. I used Tyvek sleeves, and before starting, I used 91% alcohol on my gloves, the hypodermic needles, and even my Tyvek sleeves. The point is, its important to have good hygiene.

FWIW, per RR, Bod, and the rest of us, 70% isopropyl is the best choice to disinfect because it evaporates more slowly and has more time to kill the unwanted visitors.

--------------------
SpaceBaby
SPACEBABY'S LAGM22 THREAD
MUSHBOY'S SHROOM TEA TEK

Me as a cube

Another Day's Work:

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
    #27382543 - 07/10/21 10:00 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LSA Woodrose said:
Quote:

woofwoof said:

Thanks, guys!

Oh and here is one I picked from one of my Golden Teacher cakes:

Congrats

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale