Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Going...... going......
    #2649132 - 05/07/04 05:59 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

PAPER: 'AIR AMERICA' MISSES PAYROLL; MORE TURBULENCE AT LIB TALK NET
Thu May 06 2004 23:59:55 ET

In yet another sign of trouble for Air America Radio, the liberal talk network entering its fifth chaotic week on the air, co-founder and chairman Evan Cohen resigned Thursday, as did vice-chairman and investor Rex Sorensen.

The CHICAGO TRIBUNE is planning to report in fresh editions: The company also failed to make its scheduled payroll, leaving its staff roughly 100 radio personalities, writers, and producers unpaid until Thursday.

The departures of Cohen, a former political operative from Guam who was among the network's initial investors, and Sorenson, an investor who owns radio stations in Guam, mark the second executive shake-up at the fledgling network in as many weeks.

awwwwwww

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Going...... going...... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2649143 - 05/07/04 06:13 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thats a shock..... :lol:

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
Loc: Arizona
    #2649165 - 05/07/04 06:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Going...... going...... [Re: taco]
    #2650405 - 05/07/04 04:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

So, you think the 6 week old article you linked is somehow more accurate than a 1 day old one? Did it occur to you that the tide may have turned for AA in the time since your article? Especially after the other recent bad news about their finances?

:lol:
How incredibly lame.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (05/07/04 04:54 PM)

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
    #2650664 - 05/07/04 05:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, right, sorry, I forgot that there's only one liberal talk radio broadcasting network in the entire nation... my mistake! I mean, phew, 5 weeks, that's got to be up there in the longest running radio shows in history, right?

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#2650700 - 05/07/04 05:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Uh... I'm liberal, and the only place I've ever heard of this network from is your posts.

Who cares? I don't spend much time in the car, and don't spend much time listening to talk radio.
Last time I did, they were talking about how an Israeli intelligence officer had determined that there were WMDs in Iraq, and from that they segued into a discussion about the significance of the Jews being Gods chosen people.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2650746 - 05/07/04 06:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

There is only one Air America. That's the subject of the post. So to answer your moronic reply.... yes, there's only one.

Quote:

my mistake!

Yes, I know.

Quote:

I mean, phew, 5 weeks, that's got to be up there in the longest running radio shows in history, right?

Wrong.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Going...... going...... [Re: phi1618]
    #2650753 - 05/07/04 06:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Uh... I'm liberal, and the only place I've ever heard of this network from is your posts.

I find that unbelievable. You must pay little attention to the world around you if the only place you've heard about it is from me.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2650822 - 05/07/04 06:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

how many conservative quacks have gone
under in the am/fm over the years?

this is petty.

plus, you'd think that with this whole liberal
media conspiracy that they could get a little
help from their buddies at other radio stations,
clear channel, for example.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: Going...... going...... [Re: afoaf]
    #2650827 - 05/07/04 06:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

how many conservative quacks have gone
under in the am/fm over the years?

Individuals? Plenty? Networks? Don't know.

Quote:

this is petty.

One mans petty is another mans funny.

Quote:

plus, you'd think that with this whole liberal
media conspiracy that they could get a little
help from their buddies at other radio stations,
clear channel, for example.

Silly fella.

--------------------

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
    #2650903 - 05/07/04 07:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

LDS, if I started pointing out every single little failure of the GOP or anything that the GOP, or conservatives at large, could possibly be linked to within the last month, it'd be 2005 by the time I finished. If I used meth. Every day. Perhaps if you pointed out problems with the liberals themselves, instead of their poor business sense, people might take you a little more seriously.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2650953 - 05/07/04 07:21 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well, as I don't take you seriously after reading your posts today, your opinion of me means squat.

And liberals poor business sense is one of their greatest problems. So while you're attempting to be witty, you're failing at it just as if it were a business.

--------------------

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
    #2651139 - 05/07/04 08:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry LDS, I apologize, as my Ad Hominem was out of line, though you could stand perhaps to be a little less personal in your rebuttals.

And as far as liberals' business sense is concerned, given the current state of US discretionary spending and budgetary upside-downity-ness, I wouldn't say the GOP has a whole lot of room to talk :smile:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2651481 - 05/07/04 10:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Which is why I'm a libertarian.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion