Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]
OfflineShrumpy
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: ScotTony]
    #25809065 - 02/13/19 12:07 AM (1 year, 3 months ago)

My favourite is plain and simple!

Mushrooms (usually Oyster and Shiitake) fried on a pan with a little spring onion and garlic on sourdough toast.
YUM!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHabadashery
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Shrumpy] * 1
    #26290872 - 10/31/19 10:36 PM (6 months, 25 days ago)

I recently read a book called "the wisdon of the shire", a short guide to a long and happy life.  Awesome book, fun short read for anyone who just loves the lord of the rings, or hobbits in general!  I am myself a hobbit at heart.

In this book he shared a recipe, and I have done it several times now with some modifications of my own, and I must say it is excellent!  Never have I made a soup with beer, but now I cook with beer constantly.  To think I've been just drinking it all these years!

Hobbit Stout and Mushroom Soup

Serves 3-4 humans.  Or 2 hungry hobbits.

Ingredients:

1 Large yellow onion Diced

5 large cloves garlic

Lots of butter.  I used over half a stick by the end of this.

3 stalks celery Diced

3 big carrots Cut in rounds, large end rounds halved

Rosemary, 3 small 2-3inch sections of branch, stripped and minced (probably a heaping tbsp)

Thyme, 5 small branches stripped and minced (probably another heaping tbsp)

Salt and pepper to taste

3 tbsp flour (I omitted this, sort of.  I powdered dried chanterelles and poured it in with the heavy cream step, I know it ain't thickening anything like a Rue, but whatevs)

0.75-1lb rib eye(this is just what I used, use whatever)

1 pound mushrooms, I've used buttons with shiitakes, chanterelles, chanterelles with lobsters, all good.  Store bought will do, but home grown/foraged are the best of course, just don't get caught trespassing in Farmer Maggots fields!  (Do more mushrooms if you don't want the beef, hell with it, double up if you want, life is short!)

3 cups stock or bone broth, use whatever.  Got any bones on hand, toss them in!

3/4-1 cup BEER!  Recipe called for elysian dragontooth stout to keep in theme with the hobbit, but any strong malty dark beer will do.

1 cup heavy whipping cream, no halfassing it with half and half.  The heavy stuff.

Trust me, take the time to really cook the onions and do the steps like I wrote them, don't just throw all the veggies in and simmer, you won't regret this.  Similar to what a wise hobbit once said, "short cuts make long delays".  I don't like super mushy vegetables, if you do, feel free to do whatever.

Directions:

Step 1. saute onions and garlic in butter in your pot until at least partially caramelized.  20 minutes probably. If you want to caramelize them, plan on like 40-45 minutes.

Step 2. as onions/garlic are cooking, cut up some beef into 1inch cubes and pan fry it in butter, fairly hot.  Brown it up, not to much.

Step 3. when beef is browned and onions done, toss beef in the pot with stock, salt/pepper, rosemary and thyme.  Simmer on low-medium(4 on my dial) for 45 minutes.  If it starts to spit cause the water level is low, toss in some more broth.

Step 4.  Cut up carrots and celery, pan fry until a little browned,  7-8 minutes?.  When the beef is done simmering, toss the veggies in and simmer for 10 more minutes.

Step. 5  Cut up mushrooms.  Fry em in, you guessed it, butter.  My chanterelles took over 15 minutes, trying to evaporate all the water. Shiitakes done in 6-7.

Step 6.  Mushrooms are cooked, toss em in the soup, you probably got some tasty looking stuff stuck to your pan by now, deglaze it with a little dark beer, then add that and the rest to the soup.  Simmer for 5-6 minutes.

Step 7.  Toss in a cup of heavy cream, be sure to scrape all the fat that has stuck to the sides of the carton!  Simmer until it is as thick as you want it, for me 15-20 minutes is all I can stand at that point.  It should smell amazing.

Step 8.  Eat with some fancy bread and lots of butter.  Best shared among agreeable company, with tasty beer, around a warm hearth.

If you want to double the recipe, omit a cup of broth.

--------------------

Offlinehot_squirrel
Stranger
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #26291105 - 11/01/19 03:58 AM (6 months, 25 days ago)

I love mushrooms even more than meat, so sometimes I mix it up!)
Here is my best and tasty recipe of Stuffed Mushrooms
All you need is: 12 fresh mushrooms; 1/2 pound ground beef; 1 tablespoon minced onion; 1 clove garlic, minced; 1 tablespoon butter; 1/4 cup bread crumbs salt and pepper to taste; 1/4 cup heavy cream; 1/4 cup butter, melted1 teaspoon chili powder
Step by step instruction:
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Remove and chop mushroom stems.
2) In a saucepan over medium heat, combine ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook until beef is no longer pink; drain. Mix in chopped mushroom stems, 1 tablespoon butter, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cream.
3) Dip mushroom caps in 1/4 cup melted butter, and stuff generously with meat mixture. Arrange stuffed mushrooms in a baking dish. Sprinkle with chili powder.
4) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
Bon appetit!!!!

Offlinecarnalrekt
Stranger
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: hot_squirrel]
    #26308529 - 11/09/19 03:58 AM (6 months, 17 days ago)

:thumbup:

InvisibleZenZone
Male User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: carnalrekt]
    #26370039 - 12/09/19 12:21 AM (5 months, 18 days ago)

I thought this was simple and neat: (english subtitles)

--------------------

OfflineShu
Emminence front it's hard
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA, USA
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #26490573 - 02/17/20 05:52 PM (3 months, 9 days ago)

Made some crazy good shiitake risotto from fresh vegi/shroom stock, creamed leeks,

roasted shiitake, onions, and button shrooms (in place of truffle)

served with chicken francese...

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms