Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
What was the longest you ever waited for spores to germinate
    #2646159 - 05/06/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I inoculated my PF cake jars on saturday and I still have seen no signs of germination. Most of the teks say 3-5 days is the normal amount of time it takes cakes to germinate.

So I was wondering, what was the longest time you ever waited for your spores to germinate?

ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What was the longest you ever waited for spores to germinate [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #2646190 - 05/06/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

afoaf says 8days i think...

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #2646229 - 05/06/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Re: What was the longest you ever waited for spores to germinate [Re: Citric]
    #2646247 - 05/06/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I inoculated 2cc's per jar, 0.5cc's per hole. All the inoculations were made on the edges of the cakes. The temp on this floor has been anywhere from 70-75F. A night or two might have gotten as low as 65F.

ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
Re: What was the longest you ever waited for spores to germi [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #2646310 - 05/06/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Some dude has pretty much the same setup as you, but only uses .25mL per hole, 4mL per jar. Just using the room temp the next morning colonization had begun right at the innoc points

I would think there is some sort of problem with your syringes that it has taken almost a week with no signs of germination. Possibly contaminated, but by now you would probably be able to see this. Mabye the syringes just didn't have spores, or enough spores.
Where did you get them?

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
Re: What was the longest you ever waited for spores to germi [Re: holio1]
    #2646324 - 05/06/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

holio1 said:
Some dude has pretty much the same setup as you, but only uses .25mL per hole, 4mL per jar. Just using the room temp the next morning colonization had begun right at the innoc points

Sorry man but thats absolute pure Bullshit,spores take a MINIMUM of 2-3 days to germinate,regardless of the conditions,thats not my opinion that is a fact.There is absolutly no way that you saw mycelluim the next morning using spores.It just does not happen that fast.Sorry.
Ive had jars that at room temperture took 9 days before i saw any myc,then after raising the temps to 86 they took off.A week is not uncommon at all if the temperture is low.Either raise the temp(at that low of a temperture even after you see mycelluim they will take FOREVER to colonize completly),or be patient,you have a long wait ahead.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Offlinefrock
    #2646373 - 05/06/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

All of my spores of b+ from sporeworks took 7-10 days for germination to show. I have since made my own syringes from the harvest and they only take 2-4 days for germination to begin. They were kept under the same conditions. It probably depends on alot of factors including how fresh, and how abundant the spores are.

Offlineholio1
intense

Re: What was the longest you ever waited for spores to germi [Re: ButterNut]
    #2646390 - 05/06/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I swear, it was probably around 30 hours from innoculation. I'm not claiming to be some sort of pro, but that was how long it took. This is only my first grow, but I saw it with my own eyes. Though, now it has been almost two weeks and they still have a bit to go.

Temp actually does make a huge difference, after turning up the heater in his room there was a large amount of growth in comparison, but you couldn't really sleep in the room anymore. We've been trying to put hot water in the incubator, but it hasn't had a significant impact.

Mabye I just got lucky and you have to be patient with your spores. Don't give up hope yet

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2646404 - 05/06/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

No way guy sorry...longest for me was like 10 days but that was corn

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
    #2646411 - 05/06/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm following th PF Tek for Simple Minds (except with metal lids) so I'm leaving my jars tightly sealed, is it alright if they stay that way through incubation? Or should I definitely loosen the lids?

Thanks for the replies,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------

-Carl Sagan

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

#2646428 - 05/06/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

holio1 said:
I swear, it was probably around 30 hours from innoculation. I'm not claiming to be some sort of pro, but that was how long it took. This is only my first grow, but I saw it with my own eyes. Though, now it has been almost two weeks and they still have a bit to go.

Temp actually does make a huge difference, after turning up the heater in his room there was a large amount of growth in comparison, but you couldn't really sleep in the room anymore. We've been trying to put hot water in the incubator, but it hasn't had a significant impact.

Mabye I just got lucky and you have to be patient with your spores. Don't give up hope yet

First you said the next morning,now its 30 hours.
No one said temperture doesnt make a differance
and lucky or not Spores CANNOT germinate that fast,simply put.
So give it up bud.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

#2646448 - 05/06/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: :syringe: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Offlineholio1
intense

#2646526 - 05/06/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Alright whatever I hate when people argue like this on forums, I like how at shroomery (or at least on the cultivation forums) people dont flame each other, so I'll just drop it

But just to confirm the story, innoculation was at around 8pm I believe, and then when the jars were checked late the next night, mabye 6am.

And about the temps I was just confirming what you said

Edited by holio1 (05/06/04 04:25 PM)

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

#2646553 - 05/06/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hey man no one was flaming you,sorry if you took it that way,we are just stating facts.What you say just isnt possable,so either your confused about the time frame,or something else.But spores take a minimum of 2-3 days(closer to 3)thats natures rule,not mine.

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

#2646560 - 05/06/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Dude dont take it so seriously...nobody was flaming you to be mean so lets just start over. You said it was your first grow so stick around here and you will learn faster than anywhere else...heres 5 shrooms  :smirk:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

OfflinePsychosMind
One of thosefriendly crazies

Loc: Can't guess from the whit...
Re: What was the longest you ever waited for spores to germi [Re: OldSpice]
    #2646640 - 05/06/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hey your using B+? i just skimmed over this but i think i have the EXACT same setup going on, down to temperature and strain and inoculation and everything. Took me exactly 7 days to see anything. hope i helped...

--------------------
I'm one of those hugging crazies, as opposed to the stabbin' crazies

Offlinefrock
    #2646706 - 05/06/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Isnt it possible that his spores started to germinate in the syringe before he innoculated. Than it would have started almost imediately. I doubt he would just make it up though.

Offlineberto23
Stranger
Loc: NJ
Re: What was the longest you ever waited for spores to germi [Re: frock]
    #2646914 - 05/06/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

syringes have no food in em... at least shouldnt... it should be ONLY spores and sterile water.

--------------------
the shnozzberrys taste like shnozzberrys

Offlineholio1
intense

Re: What was the longest you ever waited for spores to germi [Re: OldSpice]
    #2647211 - 05/06/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

ha in that message I was trying to say that I didn't care, it really makes no difference to me. I wasn't trying to say that you were flaming me and you were a bad example to these boards, but that I like the way this forum is and I'm happy that people don't start making stupid disses and shit

Whatever, I guess its just hard to show expression on the internet haha

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

#2647241 - 05/06/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

its all good man.  :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds