Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Oyster Shell, Peat, pH Test Strips, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMarmaladov
Stranger
 User Gallery
Questions for experienced shoeboxers
    #26469068 - 02/04/20 08:58 PM (1 year, 25 days ago)

So I've been doing basically the shaperdreaming and mushboy style shoeboxes and they are coming in nicely. Now I am wondering about waiting to put the shoebox into fruiting conditions and what the main benefit of it is as opposed to shaperdreaming's way of putting right into "growing conditions".

Is it worth it to wait? Do the mushrooms grow more at the same rate if you wait to fruit? Should I keep them in the dark until the sub is colonized?

I'm experimenting with on by covering the sub with a piece of tinfoil with holes poked in it so it's essentially completely encased between that and the double liner. Am I doing that right?

If I have a lot of spawn should I spread it out over a few shoeboxes or use a larger 20qt bin for most of it? What would you do? Anything I should do differently if I scale everything the same?

Bonus questions I don't want to make another thread for:

- What is the max recommended ratio of spawn to CVG for a shoebox?

- Can I use sphagnum peat moss in substrate if I don't have slaked lime or oyster shells? Do i need ph strips?

I can't thank everyone here enough for making my mycological dreams a reality.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Re: Questions for experienced shoeboxers [Re: Marmaladov]
    #26469094 - 02/04/20 09:21 PM (1 year, 25 days ago)

Try it all man!

You'll find TC teks get you where you want without fudging variables. Experimentation will help you weed out what works and what doesn't and is all fun.

No reason to stick solely to shoeboxes if you got extra spawn, get a mono going too. And if you have space, be prepared to prefer monos.

OfflineMarmaladov
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Questions for experienced shoeboxers [Re: Smartattack]
    #26469254 - 02/04/20 10:55 PM (1 year, 25 days ago)

Good point. I'll probably fill the rest of these shoeboxes and then go grab a 50 or 60 qt.

Got a bag of birdseed in my pantry just begging me to use it.

OfflineMarmaladov
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26469299 - 02/04/20 11:17 PM (1 year, 25 days ago)

Wait. Do I recognize your avatar? Are you on the somethingawful forums?

Kratom megathread for life, bro.

InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
    #26469350 - 02/04/20 11:45 PM (1 year, 25 days ago)

Sorry not me. Avatar is the LA Beast.

OfflineMarmaladov
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Questions for experienced shoeboxers [Re: Smartattack]
    #26470849 - 02/05/20 08:20 PM (1 year, 24 days ago)

Aww. Fair enough.

I made that bag and popcorn into 1 20q bin, a regular shoebox, and also made 2 pints of brf cakes into another shoebox and I still have at least a shoebox more worth of that brick of coir.

Should I freeze it or can I leave it in the bucket and pc it later?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Oyster Shell, Peat, pH Test Strips, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started