Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno
    #2644247 - 05/06/04 03:33 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: ]
    #2644326 - 05/06/04 04:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What is there to say really....

I wonder how many other leaders of war would apoligize about abuse, violent or not?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: DieCommie]
    #2644792 - 05/06/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Bush didn't apologise.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2645184 - 05/06/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

But not as horrible as what went on in Gitmo (two prisoners beat to death).

Basically Bush had no choice but to make some public statement though privately he is majorly pissed that photographs were taken. He and his generals will not stop torture, just find ways to plug the leaks. Better security, not compassion, is the American answer.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2645379 - 05/06/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

This man has a way with words.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: Xlea321]
    #2645610 - 05/06/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2645818 - 05/06/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'd like to see Sadam Hussein apologize for imprisoning US servicemen or using them as human shields. I could also use an apology from bin Laden as well. Shows all the talk of moral equivalence is bullshit.

When Americans get burned to death and hung from bridges the people that do it get a party and a pat on the back. When American soldiers make naked Iraqis do lewd jestures (far short of burned corpses being dragged through the street) we go into a furor and have the guys court marshalled and arrested and the President issues an apology. That is why America is the good guy and the terrorists are the bad guys.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: Swami]
    #2645827 - 05/06/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
But not as horrible as what went on in Gitmo (two prisoners beat to death).

Basically Bush had no choice but to make some public statement though privately he is majorly pissed that photographs were taken. He and his generals will not stop torture, just find ways to plug the leaks. Better security, not compassion, is the American answer.

So if Bush doesn't apologize it is becuase is an evil man and condones torture, but if he does apologize it is just to hide the fact that he is an evil man who condones torture. hmmm...

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2645840 - 05/06/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Fiend said:
"The people in the Middle East must understand that this was horrible," Bush said.

Wow.

You know what was really horrible? The US soldiers who were burned, dragged through the street and chopped into peices with shovels. You know, the stories that got about 10 minutes of airtime. And now this happens and suddenly you vultures swoop all over it and do your best to keep it in the public eye. I could care less how those murdering, women beating vermin are treated.

Edited by Stein (05/06/04 02:15 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2645900 - 05/06/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

So if Bush doesn't apologize it is becuase is an evil man and condones torture, but if he does apologize it is just to hide the fact that he is an evil man who condones torture. hmmm...

He is apologizing for getting caught not for the torture. If he was sincere he would have apologized about the Gitmo Bay fatal beatings, would he not? But then he broke international law, the US Constitution and the teachings of Christ by setting up the brutal and illegal concentration camp in the first place.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: Xlea321]
    #2646803 - 05/06/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Bush didn't apologise.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/05/20040506-9.html
Quote:

I told him I was sorry for the humiliation suffered by the Iraqi prisoners, and the humiliation suffered by their families. I told him I was equally sorry that people who have been seeing those pictures didn't understand the true nature and heart of America. I assured him Americans, like me, didn't appreciate what we saw, that it made us sick to our stomachs. I also made it clear to His Majesty that the troops we have in Iraq, who are there for security and peace and freedom, are the finest of the fine, fantastic United States citizens, who represent the very best qualities of America: courage, love of freedom, compassion, and decency.

Also, www.cnn.com has it as their main story, since you don't believe any source that is governmental, unless it supports your view of reality.

Edited by germin8tionn8ion (05/06/04 05:38 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2646811 - 05/06/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Newsflash: Bush is not a good public speaker.

That is all.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
    #2646815 - 05/06/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:

Now you've got it! You could go a bit further and ask Swami for a link or some sort of proof for the claims he made ,but proof is so bungling and it never seems to support what he says. Why deal with it? A lie told often enough...

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: Swami]
    #2646830 - 05/06/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
He is apologizing for getting caught not for the torture. If he was sincere he would have apologized about the Gitmo Bay fatal beatings, would he not? But then he broke international law, the US Constitution and the teachings of Christ by setting up the brutal and illegal concentration camp in the first place.

Oh get off of your high horse! It went from "He didn't apoligize" to "Oh, shit, yea he did, well, he didn't mean it" to "he should apoligize for X". Even if he apologized for that, you'd just regurgitate your earlier comment about he is just sorry that they got caught. tell me honestly now, if he apologized for Gitmo deaths, would you say "Hey, great, hes really sorry for it". Of course not! Your reality doesn't include that, so you'd never say it. Stop peeing in my pocket and telling me it's raining!

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2646924 - 05/06/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

When Americans get burned to death and hung from bridges the people that do it get a party and a pat on the back.

Huh? What party? Last I checked, Fullajah was severely attacked by the US following that incident.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2646928 - 05/06/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I just saw some poll on CNN where about 85% of respondents said that Donald Rumsfeld should resign.  Even if CNN's audience tends to be a little left-leaning, that's still a damn high number.  I'd call that progress. :thumbup:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: Xochitl]
    #2646951 - 05/06/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: Phred]
    #2646996 - 05/06/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You know what was really horrible? The US soldiers who were burned, dragged through the street and chopped into peices with shovels. You know, the stories that got about 10 minutes of airtime. And now this happens and suddenly you vultures swoop all over it and do your best to keep it in the public eye. I could care less how those murdering, women beating vermin are treated.

Not to belabor the obvious, but...

Not all Arabs are evil; not all Americans are good.

Our system is better than Saddam Hussains, but I think this incident demonstrates that the same impulses that drove Saddam's sons and minions to attrocity lurk in the hearts of freedom loving American citizens.

The comic you posted, pinksharkmark, probably applies to some Arabs, but certainly not to all. The Arab world has alot to offer, including some of the best food there is, and many Arabs are interested in being prosperous capitalists.

It is important that we remember that our opponents are also human, as we are.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2647099 - 05/06/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Rush Limbaugh on the subject:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200405050003

CALLER: It was like a college fraternity prank that stacked up naked men --

LIMBAUGH: Exactly. Exactly my point! This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation and we're going to ruin people's lives over it and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You of heard of need to blow some steam off?

The day before, on his May 3 show, Limbaugh observed that the American troops who mistreated Iraqi prisoners of war were "babes" and that the pictures of the alleged abuse were no worse than "anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage."

LIMBAUGH: And these American prisoners of war -- have you people noticed who the torturers are? Women! The babes! The babes are meting out the torture.

LIMBAUGH: You know, if you look at -- if you, really, if you look at these pictures, I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but it looks just like anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage. Maybe I'm -- yeah. And get an NEA grant for something like this. I mean, this is something that you can see on stage at Lincoln Center from an NEA grant, maybe on Sex in the City -- the movie. I mean, I don't -- it's just me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

too bad he didn't do us all a favor and OD on Oxys...

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Bush on the prisoner abuse [Re: afoaf]
    #2647113 - 05/06/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe the FCC should shut him down like they did with Howard Stern.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order