Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTurvenuija
Up shroom creek without a paddle

I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms
    #26466895 - 02/03/20 02:12 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I've been observing some possible HPPD symptoms in myself for a few weeks now. I've had two 150ug LSD trips last year, many small dose mushroom trips and about five 5g< trips in the last 12 months. Psychedelics have been in my life for about 1,5 years. Symptoms include:
- Static effect and some distortion especially in the dark with eyes closed
- Flashbacks to previous heavy trips and I see some faint hallucinations with eyes closed
- I find myself thinking back to those trips a lot and my mind feels permanently shpongled. I feel I've experienced things I can't quite reconcile with. They are incompatible with my sober world view and reasoning, I can't decide what I should believe. I don't want to go into details to avoid sounding any more insane. Truly inexpressible stuff.
- Today I was lying down, listening to music with eyes closed. In the darkness a blue flowing round shape appeared at the center of my vision, I could somewhat control how big it was with how much I focused on it. By not focusing on it at all for a bit it filled my entire field of vision so instead of darkness everything was indigo blue. Then I saw faces and other shapes in it as you would on a trip, it went back to dark when I opened my eyes and tried again.
- I might be imagining things, but my dreams have been more wacky but more real feeling at the same time.

So, place your bets:
A. It's just HPPD and it'll (probably) pass if I lay off on shrooms for a while
B. I've overdone it and finally gone insane
C. I've gained superpowers that let me trip without tripping
or
D. Whatever you think it is

These visuals aren't really bothering my daily life too much and at this time it's kind of interesting to see, but I don't want it to get worse so break time it is. Tripping guided me through a rough time and I love doing it so much I want to trip until the end of my days. Even the safest drugs seem to have a downside to consider it seems. Any others with this kind of thing?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

Loc: Bravos
Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: Turvenuija]
    #26466904 - 02/03/20 02:19 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

When you consider anything less than 5g a “small” dose, it’s safe to say you need a break.

Respect the mushrooms and they won’t steer you wrong.

I bet the afterglow-like effects you described are more a result of the LSD use. That tends to be the trend.

How much LSD were you dosing?

Nvm, I missed it. 150ug is nothing...you might have some predispositions. Any history of mental illness in your family?

Edited by feldman114 (02/03/20 02:21 PM)

OfflineTurvenuija

Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: feldman114]
    #26466922 - 02/03/20 02:29 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I say under 3g is a small dose, but I feel things get crazy above 5g while 3-4g is quite manageable in comparison, that's why I said 5g<. I'm inclined to agree that the LSD can be ruled out. Until a while ago I would have said my family has no mental illness history, but my grandmother got diagnosed with Alzheimer's late last year so kind of?

--------------------

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

#26466932 - 02/03/20 02:36 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

How long do you rest between trips?

I’ve been doing 3.5+ of PE every weekend for months now, with no negative effects in sight.
And I’m 99% sure you just need a month of sobriety to feel right again. But I do mean “sobriety”. Some people get flashbacks from just smoking bud🤷🏻‍♂️

OfflineTurvenuija

Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: feldman114]
    #26466948 - 02/03/20 02:44 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I also take a week at minimum between trips, I grow B+ cubes and usually take 3-5g. When I plan for a high dose trip I wait 2-4 weeks. I've been doing this since last summer with no issues until now. I used to smoke weed but I quit it completely after my first trip because I saw it wasn't doing any good for me.

--------------------

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: Turvenuija] * 1
    #26466957 - 02/03/20 02:50 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

E. None of the above.

You don't have HPPD.  You are not allowing yourself sufficient time to reintegrate and have lingering effects.  If you abstain from psychedelics and focus on healthy living your symptoms will subside in a relatively short amount of time (likely within a month).

Offlinefeldman114
Stragler

#26466959 - 02/03/20 02:52 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Turvenuija said:
I also take a week at minimum between trips, I grow B+ cubes and usually take 3-5g. When I plan for a high dose trip I wait 2-4 weeks. I've been doing this since last summer with no issues until now. I used to smoke weed but I quit it completely after my first trip because I saw it wasn't doing any good for me.

In that case, I don’t see how it can be the mush. I mean, if you were among the 0.5% mentally ill who are triggered by them, this would start happening way sooner.

I’m at the end of my wits here. But I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will pop in here soon.

OfflineTurvenuija

Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: InfiniteDreams]
    #26466983 - 02/03/20 03:05 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

InfiniteDreams said:
E. None of the above.

You don't have HPPD.  You are not allowing yourself sufficient time to reintegrate and have lingering effects.  If you abstain from psychedelics and focus on healthy living your symptoms will subside in a relatively short amount of time (likely within a month).

If this is the case I'll be happy. Either way I'll take that break and healthy living is never a bad focus anyway. I've always been a little confused what integrating the trips actually means. The psychedelic experience is so far removed from normal life I can't see how they can coexist. I have learned some good lessons from my trips but there's a lot I can't process so it might be as you said.

--------------------

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

#26467417 - 02/03/20 07:30 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Turvenuija said:
I've always been a little confused what integrating the trips actually means.

I generally take it to mean that you need to give yourself time and space to allow your mind and body to process.  You don't need to specifically do anything, but just as the brain rejuvenates while you sleep, you let the natural mind and body take care of the work for you.  But you have to allow it to do so, thus my suggestion for healthy living.  Plenty of rest, water, nutrition, and a little exercise will go a long way to speed your mind and body toward a stable, grounded state.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #26467806 - 02/04/20 01:18 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Turvenuija said:

- I find myself thinking back to those trips a lot and my mind feels permanently shpongled. I feel I've experienced things I can't quite reconcile with. They are incompatible with my sober world view and reasoning, I can't decide what I should believe. I don't want to go into details to avoid sounding any more insane. Truly inexpressible stuff.

That's not HPPD.  That's what happens with heavy trips.  Eventually you'll realize your sober world view is inadequate and start searching for something more comprehensive.  Didn't anybody warn you about this?

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26467814 - 02/04/20 01:32 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

Turvenuija said:

That's not HPPD.  That's what happens with heavy trips.  Eventually you'll realize your sober world view is inadequate and start searching for something more comprehensive.  Didn't anybody warn you about this?

:whathesaid: exactly

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

Offline330ci
the unenlightened =D

Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26468018 - 02/04/20 07:26 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

err yeah, you’re on the path towards enlightenment now and there’s no stopping. Integrating these experiences into life is answering those questions and asking new ones. Becoming self aware is definitely an uncomfortable feeling feeling at first. It gives you the intuition of a child with the collective knowledge of your adult life. I’m sure you feel good inside just a little uncertain about things you used to hold convictions for? Embrace the change, embrace your mind and keep moving forward. You’re about to learn yourself better than you could have imagined possible if you will just listen and speak with your mind.

Invisibleacidgoofy
Freak

Loc: Germany
Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: 330ci]
    #26468030 - 02/04/20 07:36 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

As everyone already said that's not HPPD.

I think you didn't integrate your experiences well

--------------------
“What you seek is seeking you” Rumi

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mushroom Technician
I'm a teapot

Loc: GPS signal lost.. Flag
Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: acidgoofy]
    #26468131 - 02/04/20 09:24 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Its crazy to me when people say they can't integrate their experiences. For me, half the time it's not a visual, not some crazy intense moment of the trip.. IT'S A THOUGHT - literally nothing more nothing less that is so profound and catches me so emotionally despaired then it eats me alive. I think of how I treat certain people, the negative things I was doing to my body(smoking, drinking) - and then I deal with it.

I'm nicer to people. I quit smoking. I quit drinking(socially every once and again).

But damn, mushrooms have brought the obvious things to me with an unfiltered thought processor. It's easy to go through the motions of life, smoke cigarettes and drink booze and not have any second thoughts about it. But, under an experience.. when a thought hits you like a brick, so unexpectedly that you have nowhere to run, but to face it.. is when the real growth happens.

I've quit smoking. Quit drinking. 26 years of age and getting my teeth fixed(they're not bad but I want a beautiful smile) because of how insecure I am of it I can't show true happiness without feeling like I need to hide my smile.

All these things, sound so easy... and so obvious.. but were all derived from mushroom trips. Same thoughts I've had sober, but able to process it COMPLETELY ENTIRELY different during an experience.

While mushrooms have ripped me in a half, they've taught me how to piece myself together so much more beautifully.

Moral of the story - always reflect on your trips.

--------------------
:greyalien:

OfflineTurvenuija

Re: I believe got HPPD unexpectedly with shrooms [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #26469020 - 02/04/20 06:27 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

InfiniteDreams said:
Quote:

Turvenuija said:

I generally take it to mean that you need to give yourself time and space to allow your mind and body to process.  You don't need to specifically do anything, but just as the brain rejuvenates while you sleep, you let the natural mind and body take care of the work for you.  But you have to allow it to do so, thus my suggestion for healthy living.  Plenty of rest, water, nutrition, and a little exercise will go a long way to speed your mind and body toward a stable, grounded state.

That's a fine explanation, thanks.

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

Turvenuija said:

Well, this is what I wanted to gain by tripping to begin with. It's still a lot to come to terms with even though I sort of knew what I was getting into.

Quote:

Vibe_Enthusiast said:
Its crazy to me when people say they can't integrate their experiences. For me, half the time it's not a visual, not some crazy intense moment of the trip.. IT'S A THOUGHT - literally nothing more nothing less that is so profound and catches me so emotionally despaired then it eats me alive. I think of how I treat certain people, the negative things I was doing to my body(smoking, drinking) - and then I deal with it.

I'm nicer to people. I quit smoking. I quit drinking(socially every once and again).

But damn, mushrooms have brought the obvious things to me with an unfiltered thought processor. It's easy to go through the motions of life, smoke cigarettes and drink booze and not have any second thoughts about it. But, under an experience.. when a thought hits you like a brick, so unexpectedly that you have nowhere to run, but to face it.. is when the real growth happens.

I've quit smoking. Quit drinking. 26 years of age and getting my teeth fixed(they're not bad but I want a beautiful smile) because of how insecure I am of it I can't show true happiness without feeling like I need to hide my smile.

All these things, sound so easy... and so obvious.. but were all derived from mushroom trips. Same thoughts I've had sober, but able to process it COMPLETELY ENTIRELY different during an experience.

While mushrooms have ripped me in a half, they've taught me how to piece myself together so much more beautifully.

Moral of the story - always reflect on your trips.

The best effects I've felt is being nicer to people, I don't feel anxious and reserved anymore and I can think more clearly. I quit drinking alone and I gave up weed completely, good riddance. They were things I knew and told myself to stop but didn't until on my first trip the same thoughts finally hit home.

Thanks to everyone, I feel reassured. I had heard about some people having HPPD and I jumped to conclusions. In future I'll take more time to let these things sink in.

--------------------

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

#26469515 - 02/05/20 12:31 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

The static effect is a classic example of hppd. You have persisting visuals after use of psychedelics which is the definition of hppd. You need to take some time off. The thought patterns bringing you back to the psychedelic state is normal but goes away quickly when you stop tripping. The persisting visual effects are not normal and sound like hppd. It takes a long time for this to go away for some people. You need a break. It's nothing to be afraid of per se but it can become distracting and somewhat impair your vision at night.

You have to take advice in this forum with a grain of salt. There are many benefits of psychedelic use and only a few risks. Hppd is one of them. People in this forum will tend to not acknowledge the small risks. This is coming from someone who is a true believer in psychedelics.

The static is on the low end of the spectrum. I've heard of people in here who had it so bad they couldn't go into a grocery store without the floor lines warping and causing extreme anxiety. That person said it lasted years. Not trying to scare you I'm just being honest.

--------------------

Invisibleacidgoofy
Freak

#26469598 - 02/05/20 02:26 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

InfiniteDreams said:
Quote:

Turvenuija said:

You don't need to specifically do anything, but just as the brain rejuvenates while you sleep, you let the natural mind and body take care of the work for you.  But you have to allow it to do so, thus my suggestion for healthy living.  Plenty of rest, water, nutrition, and a little exercise will go a long way to speed your mind and body toward a stable, grounded state.

Thats not what integrating a trip is.. you dont integrate a trip by just eating and resting lol.

Integration means you consciously reflect on your trip and work on the teachings that were given to you.

A good rule to use is: Let's say you have 3 hours of intense tripping. Then you gonna do 3 hours of integration the following days.

Common ways are for example: Long walks in nature, Yoga, Meditation, Contemplation... whatever works best for you!

--------------------

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

#26469733 - 02/05/20 06:31 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

acidgoofy said:
Quote:

InfiniteDreams said:
Quote:

Turvenuija said:

You don't need to specifically do anything, but just as the brain rejuvenates while you sleep, you let the natural mind and body take care of the work for you.  But you have to allow it to do so, thus my suggestion for healthy living.  Plenty of rest, water, nutrition, and a little exercise will go a long way to speed your mind and body toward a stable, grounded state.

Thats not what integrating a trip is.. you dont integrate a trip by just eating and resting lol.

Integration means you consciously reflect on your trip and work on the teachings that were given to you.

A good rule to use is: Let's say you have 3 hours of intense tripping. Then you gonna do 3 hours of integration the following days.

Common ways are for example: Long walks in nature, Yoga, Meditation, Contemplation... whatever works best for you!

You are playing semantics.  Long walks and yoga count as a little exercise.  Meditation is a great suggestion and similar to rest in recovering the mind.

And the whole conscious work thing, maybe, maybe not.  Sometimes there is a clear cut issue that you can think through.  But often these things are ineffable, so if you can't put it into words then it isn't so straightforward.

Edited by InfiniteDreams (02/05/20 06:46 AM)

Invisibleacidgoofy
Freak

#26469785 - 02/05/20 07:24 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I used to think like you. Only facts and things I can grasp are important but I tell you from experience when I dropped this the depths of life started to unfold. When words dont really work anymore you enter real spirituality.

Yoga and long walks in nature count a little as exercise that's true^^.. but you don't do it mainly for that purpose. Nature is healthy and always fully connected to the source. When I spent time in Nature after trips, information of all sorts just come to me and understanding happens. :smile:

In terms of yoga I am not the right person to tell you about the benefits apart from exercise but it kind of stills the mind and also allows you to connect to your true nature.

The examples I gave are only a few things you could do as integration you should find what is working best for you.

--------------------

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

#26469834 - 02/05/20 08:12 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

acidgoofy said:
I used to think like you. Only facts and things I can grasp are important

I think you misread me.  I never said that, quite the opposite.

You seem to be suggesting the same as my original intent.  I think we are on the same page.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag