Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
its fucked up
    #2644109 - 05/06/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i cant study unless i have redbull

once i finally drink some, i get hyperfocused and can study, so i guess its my own little ADHD cure :smile:

but i hate being tied to a $1.99 drink :P

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: its fucked up [Re: Kremlin]
    #2644254 - 05/06/04 03:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Your not curing shit, your just taking a stimulant which by definition helps you focus.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: its fucked up [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2644265 - 05/06/04 03:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

well i know im not curing it, that was a joke :P

lighten up!

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2644357 - 05/06/04 05:04 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i used to be the same way until one day i decided not to buy a red bull before studying. low and behold i managed to study without any problems and now i never buy that crap. you just need a can of willpower, your mind is a lot stronger than you think.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: its fucked up [Re: TheDude]
    #2644360 - 05/06/04 05:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm like that with caffeine.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: its fucked up [Re: TheDude]
    #2644366 - 05/06/04 05:12 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

im sure i could, but im not really complaining

i totally hyperfocus once i drink some, and ive been aceing all my tests all yearlong...i just think its kinda funny :smile:

--Krem

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineMushit
Shit Lover

Loc: The Great White North
Re: its fucked up [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2646470 - 05/06/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Your not curing shit, your just taking a stimulant which by definition helps you focus.

Hmmm. I thought alcohol was a depressant. Which would help you relax and concentrate.

--------------------
Up to my elbows in shit!

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #2646481 - 05/06/04 04:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Nothin quite like buying 3 red bulls, gettin all juiced up and not sleeping for 4 days.

Goddamn.

I need to do that again..... I hear it kills braincells if you stay up for too long. Maybe that's what causes the hallucinations?

I'm a research scientist, so I'm gonna do some research....

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: its fucked up [Re: Mushit]
    #2646651 - 05/06/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

redbull isnt alcohol mushit, im not mixing it with vodka

and alcohol is actually both a stimulant and a depressant, but the stimulant effects wear off and leave you in a deep depressive state.

and in terms of learning things, you must apply the concept of state-dependent memory, which may interfere if you are studying whilst drunk :P  Of course the same could be said of a caffeine high :smile:

But ADHD patients need stimulation to bring them back to normal, thats why the first generation meds were all basically speed.  Now they are trying things that are not speed based (Strattera).

--Krem

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Jump to top Pages: 1