Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCRo420
Wanna ShroomAgain
Loc: New York
Trip Report: My 1st Trip
    #2646169 - 05/06/04 05:13 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well this monday was quite a stressful day for me and I heard many of my friends were shrooming that night.  I was always too afraid to do it because a couple of my friends discouraged me when they discussed their bad trips.  I ended up not having the funds to do it, but a good friend really wanted me to have the "experience of a lifetime." and Wow...it was.

We each had an 8th of shrooms w/ them little blue stems and about 4  caps.  At 9:15 my 4 friends and I sat down in a circle and the ritual was explained to me and one other 1st time tripper.  We all touched caps and proceeded to eat about half of what our bags contained, saving the rest for later that night.  We then picked spots in the blacklit room with crazy posters everywhere and put on Monsters Inc.  I was informed that my state of mind determined everything and I made sure that I was in my most comfortable and carefree state of mind and body.  Shortly after consumption my stomach started to hurt, but nothing yet.  And then it hit me, slowly and slowly but it felt good. I had seen Monsters Inc. before, but this was a completely different experience because before long I was tripping BALLS.  :mushroom2:  The entire room was designed for shrooming and it showed.  During the movie different scenes led to completely different atmospheres in the room, with lights changing colors and distorting and the walls distorting around the tv, not to mention watching computer generated monsters with some crazy ass effects.  Every second of the movie I was at an emotional high with a constant smile on my face.  The main character at one point was in a chase through some hallway and just kept running and to me it was one of the most insane things ever.

After the movie ended we split up.  me, the other newbie and my friend who paid for my trip went outside for a cigarrete on our college campus.  We took an adventure walk (about 40 feet) into some bushes that formed a tent over us and we could hear a friend of ours playing guitar from his dorm room.  We stood there for god knows how long, talking about death and then how great our lives were.  Eventually we made our way back to our stoop outside our dorm building and chain-smoked about 10 cigarettes in a row, with our conversations repeating in cycles.  The people on our campus were great, with about 8 random people coming by and just chilling on the steps with us (they weren't shrooming)..I was a little bugged out from it, but that was mainly because I couldn't keep up with what was going on.  When we ran out of cigarettes we went back inside to find the rest of our crew and learn of their adventures.
    Once inside we decided it was time to refuel our trip.  Upon consuming the bag my friend decided to put on Finding Nemo. Apparantly he saw it before on shrooms and said it was one of the most amazing adventures I'd ever go on, and boy was he right.  The amount of color in the movie and interpreted by me was breathtaking :eek:, and there's one fish that is basically on shrooms (every 3 seconds she forgets everything) and is really hyper.  I never had a more enjoyable time...ever.  Eventually we threw on music and jus chilled for the rest of the night and everyone started to go to sleep around 4:30.  I took a walk around my dorm building one last time to look at everything and then hopped back onto my spot on the couch.  I had never had a more comfortable sleep in my entire life..

We plan to shroom again this summer at my friend's farm...All I know is I can't wait! That night I felt like I was awake for the first time in my life.  Everything I saw was new, and my excitement can only be compared to that of a three year old seeing santa clause for the first time, except my excitement lasted a good 6 hours.  The only thing that felt odd was "coming down." I spent about an hour or so thinking about my life and became depressed for a bit, but an hour of feeling weird is worth 6 hours of feeling AMAAAZZZING...Well, hope ya'll enjoyed my experience as much as I did :-D

--------------------
Shroom Count: 1 Time

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Re: Trip Report: My 1st Trip [Re: CRo420]
    #2646693 - 05/06/04 07:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like you had a blast!  :thumbup:

Did you have any visuals other than the colors? When I tripped about a week ago, I experienced the same kind of "depression" when I was coming down. It went away quickly though, and I don't think it's anything to think twice about.

Nice report, too.  :stoned:

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Trip Report: My 1st Trip [Re: Bonez420]
    #2648346 - 05/07/04 12:33 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome :smile:  I'll never forget my first trip...great report.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineCRo420
Wanna ShroomAgain
Re: Trip Report: My 1st Trip [Re: Bonez420]
    #2910853 - 07/21/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry it took so long to respond.. Got a new computer and forgot about the site lol.

I didn't have any heavy visuals.. Mostly things distorting and changing colors.  Although I could have been imagining quite a few things that I saw while watching Monsters Inc., I wouldn't be able to remember what was actual reality and what was shroom induced :smile:

Other than that I didn't see anything that wasn't really there and I followed the advice of not looking in a mirror.

Another thing I now realize is I didn't let myself "get lost in myself" if that makes any sense.  When things got weird or when I found myself going into unknown thought territory I usually shook myself out of it pretty quickly.  It was my first time and I guess I was trying to get an understanding of the drug rather than using it for deep thought.  I had the best time of my life though and next time I feel like my being prepared for the trip will help me better devote my mind into the trip.

--------------------

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
    #2911069 - 07/21/04 02:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Another thing I now realize is I didn't let myself "get lost in myself" if that makes any sense. When things got weird or when I found myself going into unknown thought territory I usually shook myself out of it pretty quickly. It was my first time and I guess I was trying to get an understanding of the drug rather than using it for deep thought. I had the best time of my life though and next time I feel like my being prepared for the trip will help me better devote my mind into the trip.

I've tripped on mushrooms just one time, and that was how I found it as well. I was exploring how the drug worked instead of delving deep into where it would take me. Plus, to be honest, when it started to get weird or the territory became too unknown, it felt best to pull myself out of it before it took over and there was no return.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Trip Report: My 1st Trip [Re: Tranceport]
    #2911293 - 07/21/04 06:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tranceport said:
Another thing I now realize is I didn't let myself "get lost in myself" if that makes any sense. When things got weird or when I found myself going into unknown thought territory I usually shook myself out of it pretty quickly. It was my first time and I guess I was trying to get an understanding of the drug rather than using it for deep thought. I had the best time of my life though and next time I feel like my being prepared for the trip will help me better devote my mind into the trip.

I've tripped on mushrooms just one time, and that was how I found it as well.  I was exploring how the drug worked instead of delving deep into where it would take me.  Plus, to be honest, when it started to get weird or the territory became too unknown, it felt best to pull myself out of it before it took over and there was no return.

I think that's normal.  You'll know when you're ready to "move forward."  It took me until my 5th trip before I felt ready to become lost in myself. 

Just remember what Terence Mckenna says:
"The mushroom never shows you something that you're not ready to see."  :thumbup:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2911335 - 07/21/04 07:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like you had a good time

Quote:

Everything I saw was new, and my excitement can only be compared to that of a three year old seeing santa clause for the first time

:thumbup: thats one of the things about shrooms that i love...i always feel like a little kid again, everything seems new and exciting...

oh, and mirrors arent that bad...i personally LOVE to look at myself in the mirror...i do it at some point in just about all my trips...the first time is always a bit tricky, not knowing what to expect, getting a little nervous and fighting back the feelings and what not...it will get easier for you to allow yourself to get deeper into the trip as you get more under your belt...

Quote:

That night I felt like I was awake for the first time in my life.

congrats on the awakening....and welcome to the shroomery :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#2914871 - 07/22/04 05:36 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Congratulations, welcome to a new world:) I sat inside and watched Beavis and Butthead dvds my first trip and laughed my ass off while watching the walls breathe and star constelations appear and change colors on the ceiling. A suggestion for your next time is to go outside for a long walk in the woods, or somewhere secluded. I think that would be a little too much for a first time, but once you're ready for it, being outdoors offers such a better trip than being indoors. Try a concert as well, just make sure it's happy music. See a jam band or something and dance your ass off. Glad you had a good time! Peace

OfflineCRo420
Wanna ShroomAgain
Re: Trip Report: My 1st Trip [Re: Hendostan]
    #2932114 - 07/27/04 12:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Lol sounds good.. Yeah it was definitely an experience to remember. I had such a good time my first round that I'll definitely start to allow myself to get lost in the trip more and more. Hopefully i'll be doing it this weekend.

--------------------

OfflineCRo420
Wanna ShroomAgain
    #2936003 - 07/28/04 01:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'd like to try camping with a couple of my friends for next time.  Tripping while in a perfect nature scene must be mind blowing! :smile:

--------------------

Offlinehenryp
Refugee from the Group W bench

Welcome to the ether.... [Re: Bonez420]
    #2947199 - 07/31/04 03:07 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

things will never be the same :smile:

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience