Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

Re: What if we are like bio-mechanical time machines? [Re: sudly]
    #26469550 - 02/05/20 01:12 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
Quote:

r00tcmplx said:
Mind travel is easy and done by tons of people without much effort.
To higher degrees it requires lots of awareness/knowledge/wisdom.

You can't time travel physically. It's essentially impossible with current technology and even science.
You don't 'time travel' in your mind either.. you simply visit banked memory from the past...
and project into the future or focus on the present. Less pseudo/spoopy terms and more reality which is magical in and of itself.

Visiting banked memory doesn't do it for me soz.

:loldongs:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: What if we are like bio-mechanical time machines? [Re: r00tcmplx]
    #26469566 - 02/05/20 01:30 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Look it up nerd.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

#26469572 - 02/05/20 01:37 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
Look it up nerd.

You're losing it. Hang in there brosef.
:tryingnottodie:

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#26469576 - 02/05/20 01:43 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

What's lost?

--------------------

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26471914 - 02/06/20 12:00 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Next you can argue about "astral travel", and about "out of body experiences" in the operating room. But i doubt it will be any more productive of any practical insight.

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

Re: What if we are like bio-mechanical time machines? [Re: laughingdog]
    #26471997 - 02/06/20 12:48 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
Next you can argue about "astral travel", and about "out of body experiences" in the operating room. But i doubt it will be any more productive of any practical insight.

You're in your head and memory. You were brought into a room and have memory of it. There is no scientific understanding on how Anesthetics deeply work... They just 'work'. How well they work, what side-effects they cause, etc etc are unknown. You're under heavy drugs and think you've traveled to the universe.. OK, this is kind of how heavy drugs work. If you are raised in a dark room for 18 years and given meals and never are allowed to see the outside world, I'd love to see you 'astral travel' and describe your experience without language.

While I do lend myself to 'wild ideas' and theories for creative thought. I will never argue them intensely to suggest they are 'real'.. whatever that means.

"Out of body experience", "NDE", and astral travel can be explained quite easily by our physical brain... This is not to suggest there isn't some 'mystery' outside of it. However, for arguments sake.. once I get past the creative thought process, I can just as easily ground it in science.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#26472017 - 02/06/20 12:56 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
Bio-mechanical time machines that don't travel backwards or forwards through time like in the movies (back to the future etc. ). 

But bio-mechanical time machines in the sense of travelling through the accumulated experience of it within ones lifetime.

An old man has been through far more time than a toddler, and had the time to gather experience and become of what he may.

I even want to take a step back from this and hear some constructive criticism on why this is even a far fetched suggestion?
Because to me it's a sensible thing; A bio-mechanical time machine as a descriptor of human beings and their experience of the world outside and within.

aw schucks
i thought this was going to be more along the lines of humans as conscious machines traveling through time

sometimes I think that... that we are akin to fleshy machines traveling through time in a conscious way

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26472123 - 02/06/20 01:53 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

r00tcmplx said:
...While I do lend myself to 'wild ideas' and theories for creative thought. I will never argue them intensely to suggest they are 'real'.. whatever that means. ...

exactly

And if Sudly wants to believe he time travels, and doesn't care whether memory is very accurate, or that relieving an experience is more intense than memory, that's his privilege, IMO; even though I see no value in playing with redefining terms.

Like wise with UFO abductees, astral travel, & NDEs, & other "para-normal" effects, I see no value with debating their "reality".
Where as there is scientific evidence for Lucid dreaming, and the yogic heat or tummo, & apparently some experience benefits, from these practices. So yeah I'm open to some 'wild' ideas too.

Edited by laughingdog (02/06/20 01:54 PM)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#26472130 - 02/06/20 01:57 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I was laying in bed the other night and something the misses said triggered some pretty whacky memories for me. Things that I experienced that were so bizarre that they simply aren't triggered often by everyday occurrences. But once I remembered them it was quite the experience to relive them in memory. It had a lingering effect for a few hours of feeling just how strange life can be.

I can see how some folks who experience the odd, the bizarre, and the unexplained will want to hold to it as long as possible.

--------------------

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

#26472192 - 02/06/20 02:41 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
Quote:

r00tcmplx said:
...While I do lend myself to 'wild ideas' and theories for creative thought. I will never argue them intensely to suggest they are 'real'.. whatever that means. ...

exactly

And if Sudly wants to believe he time travels, and doesn't care whether memory is very accurate, or that relieving an experience is more intense than memory, that's his privilege, IMO; even though I see no value in playing with redefining terms.

Like wise with UFO abductees, astral travel, & NDEs, & other "para-normal" effects, I see no value with debating their "reality".
Where as there is scientific evidence for Lucid dreaming, and the yogic heat or tummo, & apparently some experience benefits, from these practices. So yeah I'm open to some 'wild' ideas too.

I only argue/argued when I felt there was some validity to the claims and wanted to elucidate them in discussion. As I said, I do entertain a lot of wild ideas. However, once I put them through a crucible, if they don't hold up, they are dropped and I will not shy away from detailing how they failed my scrutiny. So, there is a point and stage in which arguing can be highly productive. From my convos with such people on such topics, I actually gained a lot of knowledge. However, once that well dries up, I'll simply state and detail my conclusions...

One interesting side effect from dedicating a good amount of time during the right stage to arguing/debating is that you come to understand a thing about the believer they may not even understand about themselves. For me now, within 5min or so of a discussion with a believer on such a topic, I can indirectly derive intimate personal details about them. I find this skill and other knowledge gained well worth it. But i'm beyond that stage, I'm just more clearly stating with I have concluded and the details therein.

I've found a way of life that allows me to be and thrive without being married to any particular beliefs. I entertain almost anything but have very disciplined cutoffs.

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

Re: What if we are like bio-mechanical time machines? [Re: Kickle]
    #26472196 - 02/06/20 02:44 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
I was laying in bed the other night and something the misses said triggered some pretty whacky memories for me. Things that I experienced that were so bizarre that they simply aren't triggered often by everyday occurrences. But once I remembered them it was quite the experience to relive them in memory. It had a lingering effect for a few hours of feeling just how strange life can be.

I can see how some folks who experience the odd, the bizarre, and the unexplained will want to hold to it as long as possible.

By association it gives a person a sense of power and 'beyond wordlness'... Same goes for the concept of a belief in God for instance. I belief in (X)... X has lots of power. X is on my side. So, I have more power than say my opponent who I don't believe has (X) behind them.

Sports/war... you name it.

Redbull, it gives you wings

:nicesmile:
We play these tricks in our minds.. and the trick within the trick is to not be aware of the trick you're playing so as to actually believe and give that belief wings...

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#26472203 - 02/06/20 02:47 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

:lol:
you may be right at the end there

but have you met anyone who is actually powerful? not just posturing and trying to be? what were they like?

--------------------

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

Re: What if we are like bio-mechanical time machines? [Re: Kickle]
    #26472237 - 02/06/20 03:08 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
:lol:
you may be right at the end there

but have you met anyone who is actually powerful? not just posturing and trying to be? what were they like?

There are no Gods among men. Absolutely zero.
The are only 24 hours in a day. If you achieve greatness in 'Y' you will lack something proportionately in 'Z'.
Power beyond one's own capability as an individual has to be given and granted to you by another person whom offers your theirs. There is no such thing as a billionaire... No human being is worth that or can work for that and produce that much. What they do instead is convince others to give them money and value beyond their actual worth.

Thus, a person is powerful by proxy by way of their followers or those who made out-sized contributions to them in aggregate. What blind respect thus should I show to a person of power/money? None... As all that is being demonstrated is the folly of their followers in not capturing and keeping their value such that it ended up in another's hands.

So, power.. is all posturing and trying to hide this inconvenient nature.

Beyond power is knowledge and wisdom. I have indeed met people of this stature. They tend to be humble, not so wealthy or powerful because they valued something far greater : knowledge/wisdom.
Off the top of my head...
> Richard Feynman
comes to mind. There are many others ofc
A quick clip from him on this matter :

People who maintain knowledge/wisdom all tend to say the same thing : Money and power are bullshit and an entrapment.
They all tend to be humble and urge people to be their own guru and leader... They will often declare they're nobodies, just people with ideas who pursued them and pursued knowledge/wisdom. Their content speaks beyond themselves. When I think 'Richard feynman' I think not of the man but of the message/knowledge/wisdom.. The individual doesn't even exist to me, they're a vessel.

I maintain I am just a nomadic cosmic traveler who is less than dirt. It is my own personal mantra.
It keeps me focused on knowledge/wisdom/manifestation and accomplishment.
If I maintain this for myself, i most definitely export it to the world and others.
Thus why I state there are no Gurus/experts. I don't have any idols. I don't 'look up to anyone'. There are people/messages/content I have come across during my journey and I value .. valuable things .. messages/knowledge/wisdom. I move to quickly to center on a specific thing much less a person. I am after something far off in the distance and don't have time to praise someone else or their accomplishments. For some time I've been truly fascinated with people who praise others, idolize them, the celebrity concept... Honors/accolades... I know it to be bullshit, but I wanted to understand what in the world it was that captured others. Once I garnered this understanding (in the brutal way I scrutinize things), I moved on and integrated it into my works/world view.

One of my life's goals is to understand the 'cosmic' game at play. Another I feel impressed upon me is to 'contribute' to that game. In order to do that, I have to take in lots of perspectives and understand them. It's one of the easiest and most efficient ways to achieve them...

Be not that which you are nor see with your eyes, but through the infinite eyes of others.

See what they see.. reason as they do and return to nothingness and in that become everything

So, the guru concept... A powerful person.. They're just mental games and power plays as an earlier user better summarized.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#26472253 - 02/06/20 03:19 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like you surrender yourself to knowledge and wisdom and IMO you consider it powerful or at least it has a power that attracts you.

This is full disclosure here but I would have considered myself similar to that when I was younger. I soaked up everything I possibly could. I hit a roadblock when it got too real though. When it started to explain too much and I couldn't unsee it.

But then I met someone I did consider powerful for other reasons. And I think you're right, it says more about me than about them. But what made me perceive them as powerful was their actions and the results of their actions. They were confident and unselfish. On first interaction they treated everyone as a friend. They made powerful friends as a result but they didn't set out to do this. They worked hard and never took anything for granted. They gave of their time freely even when it was limited. I mean we all have limited time, but this person knew it was more limited than usual. The clock was literally ticking but it never became about that. What they wanted to do with their time was to be helpful, warm, and set a good example for those around them. 

I was once at a music festival with them. A small and local one. There was a native (probably Salish) man who was drunk and stumbling by. This man I found powerful reached out and grabbed this native man just before he was about to fall. He steadied him with seemingly little effort, brought him closer, asked him if he was OK and then after confirming he was good, told him to take care. You could tell that the gesture penetrated even through the mans stooper. He wandered off but you could see him glance back with a warmth he hadn't had before. This action was taken by a man well into his 70's and dealing with his 3rd bout of cancer physically.

There are thousands of accounts like this. Examples of a person who was strong enough to do the right thing while knowing that for them personally it soon wouldn't matter at all. IMO it was awesome to see and they had the biggest impact on those around them of anyone I have met. Which is what I interpreted as powerful.

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#26473074 - 02/06/20 11:58 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

The stick up my ass is envious of yours.

But still, I appreciated your input in pointing out a dissatisfaction with the use of terms, 'time machine' in my thread, and you explained your point of view and it was insightful.

Beyond that your scrutiny was 'loldongs'.

And he's a sicklad v

--------------------

Edited by sudly (02/08/20 08:32 AM)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: What if we are like dynamic bio-mechanical systems? [Re: sudly]
    #26474142 - 02/07/20 03:25 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

:strokebeard:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order