Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecerealrat
Stranger
Study: Marijuana use increases among adults *DELETED* * 1
    #2640913 - 05/05/04 09:16 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by cerealrat

Reason for deletion:  

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Study: Marijuana use increases among adults [Re: cerealrat] * 1
    #2641495 - 05/05/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

cerealrat said:
The researchers said adults were considered marijuana abusers if repeated use of the drug ... created drug-related legal problems

See, that completely invalidates the data because it includes people who may have absolutly no drug problem. A legal problem with an illegal substance could simply mean that a person who sells, but doesn't use gets counted as an "abuser", not to mention that casual marijuana users could be considered "abusers".

Of course, we get to the REAL motivation of this "study":

Quote:

cerealrat said:
"This study suggests that we need to develop ways to monitor the continued rise in marijuana abuse and dependence and strengthen existing prevention and intervention efforts," said Dr. Nora Volkow, the institute's director. Programs that target young black and Hispanic adults are particularly needed, she said. "

Yeah, his motives are pure. His "findings" just happen to state that they need more funding. Better create a press release. Also look at:

Quote:

cerealrat said:Dr. Wilson Compton of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, who said the rise in dependence was probably due at least partly to increases in the potency of pot over the past decade.

Standard fear tactic, and it shows the inteptitude of the people making drug policies.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #2641587 - 05/05/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"This study suggests that we need to develop ways to monitor the continued rise in marijuana abuse and dependence and strengthen existing prevention and intervention efforts ," said Dr. Nora Volkow, the institute's director. Programs that target young black and Hispanic adults are particularly needed, she said.

The DEA budget was $283,900,000.00 in 1983; by 2003 the budget increased to $1,897,300,000.00. The study seems to suggest that regardless how much money is thrown at 'prevention and intervention efforts', people will do as they please.

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Study: Marijuana use increases among adults [Re: grib] * 1
    #2641652 - 05/05/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

grib said:
The study seems to suggest that regardless how much money is thrown at 'prevention and intervention efforts', people will do as they please.

And that's the way it should be!

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #2641918 - 05/05/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was just trying to find this article, I was reading it in the Starledger today.  Anti-drug media as usual  :rolleyes:.  I've recently noticed more focus increased potency, using it as a propaganda scare tactic. "Dr. Wilson Compton of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, who said the rise in dependence was probably due at least partly to increases in the potency of pot over the past decade."  I've also been hearing that 'this higher potency pot greatly increases the dangers of marijuana abuse' et cetera.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Study: Marijuana use increases among adults [Re: AuroricDistortions] * 1
    #2645929 - 05/06/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The stuff is healthier more potent. Can smoke half as much to get high.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2646132 - 05/06/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

> according to data from two nationally representative surveys that each queried more than 40,000 adults.

Nothing in the study shows that use is increasing rather than people are more willing to admit use today than in the past... bad science.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

#2667811 - 05/12/04 07:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The researchers said adults were considered marijuana abusers if repeated use of the drug hurt their ability to function at work

How did they get this data? I say more than likely they abtained it by how many people where terminated by failing a drug test at work wiether being random or as of a result of injury drug testing, using that data can be misleading due to the fact most people i know do not get high at work and some dont even get high during the work week and thc stays in your system for up to 30 days depeding on body fat.

--------------------
I work my shitty 9-5 and I pay my taxes, I'm not hurting anybody else. So why do you care what i do in my spare time.

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Study: Marijuana use increases among adults [Re: Protester] * 1
    #2699662 - 05/19/04 01:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

This sounds exactly like the survey I was 'randomly' chosen for and was given $30 to do. It asked about all my drug use, the first and last dates, the continuing use of drugs, if it affects work, friends, family, and work, and if you still used it anyway. Asked questions on mental health, withdrawl, everything relating to those topics. Even jail time and fines for marijuana use.

It was funny, because out of all of my drug using friends, (which is basically all of them), none of them have it interfere with their life. It is a part of their lifestyle.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains