Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleGrumio

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26437828 - 01/17/20 03:56 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Do I really need a flowhood or will a SAB suffice?

Do you get more peace of mind using a flowhood perhaps?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesleepforrest
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26438560 - 01/17/20 01:02 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Re-posting this because it may have got missed...

Hi Bod, I've been seeing great results so thanks for your input.

I'm colonizing grain quart jars, and they look clean. My concern is that some of the faster colonizing jars have fruits growing only at the top from the agar wedge, while colonization is only 50-80% complete. I have not shaken these at all and wasn't planning on it. But now that I see the fruits growing up top I'm thinking to shake so the myc recovers colonizing more of the grains before spawning to bulk.

So I am asking.. Is it best to shake it up to finish colonizing, or just leave it to finish colonizing with the fruits on top?

Offlinesleepforrest
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Grumio]
    #26438606 - 01/17/20 01:30 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

No, you do not need a flowhood. You don't even NEED a SAB.. but using a SAB and using sterile techniques help to keep contams out of your process.

I use a SAB. If your focus is producing fruits, then you'll end up using your SAB a lot at first to have enough jars colonizing with clean myc. Once myc'd up, then your SAB will be basically primarily utilized as a space-taker-upper.. so I'd keep that in mind when considering the size of the tote (SAB).

Edited by sleepforrest (01/17/20 01:32 PM)

Offlinetealseal
spice of life ( o )( o )
Male

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: sleepforrest]
    #26441649 - 01/19/20 12:40 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

bod can u help me out.
so im going to be ordering some nice culture tubes this week, and i was wondering if u knows a good size to get. i purchased the FALCON 50ml tubes and i fucked up and warped all 25 in the pc..

so im looking to get some nice glass ones, the FALCON tubes had a nice wide opening for transfers so im thinking 50ml is the right size for me but do u  have any experience with these?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RS5MMY/ref=twister_B004PLMF44?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

idk if they are going to have the same size on the opening as the FALCONS which makes me think i need to get 70ml???

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: tealseal]
    #26441665 - 01/19/20 12:49 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I don't even bother with tubes for growing mushrooms

Offlinetealseal
spice of life ( o )( o )
Male

#26441687 - 01/19/20 01:05 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
I don't even bother with tubes for growing mushrooms

well i want to start slanting my cultures...

Offlinesleepforrest
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: tealseal]
    #26442975 - 01/20/20 11:00 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Bod Can you help with this?

I have cultivation questions. Have you ever seen mushrooms growing inside a colonizing quart jar?

Is it best to shake it up to finish colonizing, or just leave it to finish colonizing with the fruits on top?

Offlinethrillhouse11
Stranger
    #26444857 - 01/21/20 05:52 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Cool thank you. I just wanted to implement your method of "cooking" the coir a little bit since you said you've always seen better results from cooking it up a little bit. I've been doing your cooler method and it works great. I was just seeing if a few hours was cool or a full insulated 24 hours was necessary for your results (in terms of just coir prep)

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: thrillhouse11]
    #26445630 - 01/22/20 05:09 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Is there a way to "unfollow" a thread in the "thread list"?
To take that thread off the list as I'm no longer following it?
These are active threads and they just keep piling on top of the threads I'm interested in.

Offlinejar-face
Jar person
    #26447225 - 01/22/20 09:31 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Do you place your Petri dishes upside down to avoid getting water on your mycelium? I couldn’t tell after watching your vids. Thanks

OfflineGrefa
Lab Technician
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: jar-face]
    #26447833 - 01/23/20 09:07 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

When You float between flushes, have you ever flipped the caked to provide a nice smooth surface for the next flush? and just flip em each float.  I noticed when I used to just 1 flush and done I would dump my cake outside in the woods and I'd get an outside flush off the bottom and considering its butter smooth from the plastic tub bottom I think it would allow for a more consistent flush mediums.

--------------------
Everything I say is a bullshit lie created to try and win over the minds of alien beings, all the pictures I posted were taken from Google images.

Noob Forum

Easy Agar Tek

Offlinefullotus
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Inthepit]
    #26449038 - 01/23/20 09:34 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, thanks for creating this thread! Since I am trying to use your EAF shoebox tek, I figured I would seek advice here. 
Basically, I spawned one BRF cake to one shoebox with coir/verm and two in another with manure based substrate.  I had the lids on, and I was letting them colonize.  The myc broke through and all seemed well, but then I started getting cobweb mold. I was able to get the mold under control using peroxide, but now everything seems to have stalled. I currently have the lids flipped over and resting on top.  I don't understand what the moisture levels should be like.  I am seeing a lot of condensation along the walls below the surface of the substrate.  I put a casing layer of straight coir on top of the one box spawned with coir when the mycellium was almost covering the entire surface, but nothing has since broken through. How does one create a high humidity environment inside the shoebox without inviting mold to grow on the surface of the substrate? 
Thanks for any input!

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: fullotus]
    #26449042 - 01/23/20 09:38 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jar-face said:
Do you place your Petri dishes upside down to avoid getting water on your mycelium? I couldn’t tell after watching your vids. Thanks

No

Quote:

Grefa said:
When You float between flushes, have you ever flipped the caked to provide a nice smooth surface for the next flush? and just flip em each float.  I noticed when I used to just 1 flush and done I would dump my cake outside in the woods and I'd get an outside flush off the bottom and considering its butter smooth from the plastic tub bottom I think it would allow for a more consistent flush mediums.

Never tried

Quote:

fullotus said:
Hey, thanks for creating this thread! Since I am trying to use your EAF shoebox tek, I figured I would seek advice here. 
Basically, I spawned one BRF cake to one shoebox with coir/verm and two in another with manure based substrate.  I had the lids on, and I was letting them colonize.  The myc broke through and all seemed well, but then I started getting cobweb mold. I was able to get the mold under control using peroxide, but now everything seems to have stalled. I currently have the lids flipped over and resting on top.  I don't understand what the moisture levels should be like.  I am seeing a lot of condensation along the walls below the surface of the substrate.  I put a casing layer of straight coir on top of the one box spawned with coir when the mycellium was almost covering the entire surface, but nothing has since broken through. How does one create a high humidity environment inside the shoebox without inviting mold to grow on the surface of the substrate? 
Thanks for any input!

Pictures
Most cobweb isn't cobweb.

Offlinefullotus
Stranger
    #26449056 - 01/23/20 09:45 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

shoebox with manure substrate top view:

side view:

coir box before peroxide treatment:

coir box top, after peroxide, before casing:

after casing, days later:

side view:

Edited by fullotus (01/23/20 09:57 PM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: fullotus]
    #26449074 - 01/23/20 09:56 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

The way the substrate didn't knit together during colonizing as evidenced in the side view your spawn was the culprit.

That coir tub didn't need a casing it already had one by the looks of it there is already a top layer of coir.

You're also keeping it too wet likely

Offlinefullotus
Stranger
    #26449096 - 01/23/20 10:09 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
The way the substrate didn't knit together during colonizing as evidenced in the side view your spawn was the culprit.

Meaning that the strains present aren't that good? It was a MS BRF cake, costa rica. Will anything happen from here?

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
That coir tub didn't need a casing it already had one by the looks of it there is already a top layer of coir.

Gotcha. So as long as there is a layer on top already, you just leave it and let it pin off that. Did casing it again totally fuck it up? Should I case the manure box or leave it as is? It's just the manure substrate on top of sliced BRF cakes. 

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
You're also keeping it too wet likely

I have the lid completely off now. I'm guessing I should let the substrate dry out a bit before I put the flipped lid back on top. 

Thanks a lot for your help mate! I really appreciate it!

Invisiblespaztastic
The Gentleman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#26454182 - 01/26/20 08:34 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Still waiting on this one to pin, stupid me has misplaced my dates for tubbing it up etc.

Where I live is dusty as fuck during summer and we have been experiencing a lot of dust storms during this drought season, so its a little hard to keep it out of anywhere! LOL

How are these looking??
Coir Only Casing, 50/50 Coir/Vermi Sub, Armageddon on Wheat.

Offlinejimmyojimbo
Yojimbo
I'm a teapot

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: spaztastic]
    #26459119 - 01/29/20 08:31 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Greetings fellow shroomers!

Big thanks to Bodhisattva for your amazing writeups and TEKs! Helped me get my SAB, and supplies together for my first grow!

This is my first try, and totally new to this, so any suggestions and advice would be appreciated!

I basically did a 10g LME + 10g Agar-Agar + 500ml h2o mix for my agar solution, and poured it into 10 dishes.

I immediately used PE MS syringe for inoculation when agar cooled, wrapped and left it to do it's magic.

It's been about 10 days now and have some growth, but it's kinda sparse..

Was wondering if you guys have any idea as to the grow time for PE MS syringe on Agar? I hear it is normal for slower growth with PE's? Or is MS syringe generally slower to grow tissue culture?

Also, I am interested in getting my first flush ASAP, and was thinking of doing one more Agar to Agar transfer to get it cleaner, and then colonize grains, and then G2G, before going to fruit in monotub? What do you guys think?

Am willing to go a few more recommended steps to get it to grow nicely! Mushroom mediation! :smile:

Here are a few photos of the few best plates growing on Agar so far.

The last picture shows one of the dishes has mycelium growing upwards, like a little fluff ball..is that normal?

Thank you for your time and advice in advance myco magicians!

--------------------
To seek is to suffer. To seek nothing is bliss.
Let go, or be dragged. ☸️

OfflineDask
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: jimmyojimbo]
    #26459847 - 01/30/20 08:50 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Bod,

You mentioned in your unmodified tek that you leave the lids completely off your tubs during the day. If you had to guess, approximately how long do you leave the lids completely off compared to on upside down?

Follow-up question: Have you noticed bigger fruits when using more direct/intense lighting?

Cheers!

OfflineTylercgregory
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Dask]
    #26475424 - 02/08/20 12:43 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

any tips or opinions on fruiting chamber

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck