Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBodFan
Stranger
Level 3 Trip? Interested to hear where to go next from other vets
    #26416048 - 01/04/20 01:29 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Hi there friends,

I had a great trip yesterday and wanted to share and also hear feedback on where to go next.

Yesterday I was wrapping up work early and decided to take it easy... my SO encouraged me to do a trip since it has been a while (2 months since last small trip at a concert (1.5g) and over a year since my last big trip, which happened to my biggest ever (4g).

I just finished a grow of Penis Envy and took 2.8g on an empty stomach.  The only other time I've tried this batch, I found it to be ~1.5x stronger than B+ I've tried in the past.  The goal was to get around 3.5g of B+.

I measured them up and ate them straight up (Reeses Peanut Butter Cup chaser FTW).  The trip came fast and hard.  Within 15 minutes I was feeling a good amount of anxiety and smoked a little herb... within 30 minutes my mind was bouncing around as usual during comeups.  I was so anxious that I turned on a Phish show just to distract myself.  I ended up just watching/listening to it for the next 3 hours.

Before I knew it, my eyes were closed, I was stretched out in my reclined chair and totally lost myself in closed-eye visuals.  As long as I kept my eyes closed, it felt like I was on a Virtual Reality Roller Coaster catered to the music I was listening to.  I had a hard time keeping my eyes open, which seems to be a pattern when taking larger doses (2.5g+).

The music sounded like the best music I had ever heard (typical for me on shrooms).  I was on the cusp of happy tears multiple times.  As the band would build up, there was complete euphoria.... when they'd go into slower, darker grooves the trip would usually get uncomfortable with weird imagery that would usually make me open my eyes and try to shake out of it.  Opening my eyes was almost always a very quick return to 'reality'.

At the intermission of the show (~ 2 hours after ingestion), I opened my eyes and took an extended break.  All surfaces and objects seemed to be moving slightly, especially pictures and words.  My body was suuuper heavy and I felt like a giant when walking around the house.  My mind couldn't settle on what to do next.  After catching my breath, I felt like all my insecurities and concerns were irrelevant and I could understand and empathize with myself effortlessly.  I am usually very hard on myself in normal life and it was a rare time that I didn't get on myself and was proud and understanding of who I am and what I have accomplished. 

I spent maybe 20-30 minutes just thinking through various concerns and issues with a totally fresh and optimistic perspective.  I scribbled down a few takeaways that I wanted to remember.

I went back to listening for the second set and it wasn't as intense as the first but still fantastic.  I found my teeth were clenching/grinding during really intense moments in the music and that unfortunately took me out of the trance a few more times as I searched for a remedy but my mind was too scattered to make a decision.

Around Hour 4 the visuals had subsided (both closed eye and open eye), though my vision did seem blurry.  I was SO mentally exhausted although I had an incredible body buzz/high.  I chilled out and had a few drinks to settle things down for the next 2 hours in which seemed best described as being really stoned.

Overall it was maybe my favorite trip of all time (up there with my 4g trip last year).  I really would like to take a few weeks off and do this again but at a higher dosage.  I went solo on this trip but would prefer to have friends with me for higher trips, as I did get unsettled a few times (especially early on) and I fear that at a higher dose I wouldn't be able to shake out of it.

Based on my reading and past experiences (usually with < 2g), this sounds like a Level 3 trip... any thoughts on that?  Recommendations for next dose or things to try differently?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrioncat
C student of the Golden Teacher
 User Gallery

Re: Level 3 Trip? Interested to hear where to go next from other vets [Re: BodFan]
    #26417616 - 01/05/20 02:04 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like level 3 to me. I wouldn't focus too much on what "level" you're at as it's not really a competition. My favorite trip so far has been a level 3 and the one prior to that was a level 5. The levels are just an easy way of describing your trip especially to others. When you say you've had a level "n" trip, it's a basic descriptor of what you experienced. Perhaps you've found a sweet spot with dose and setting. The test of that would be to take the same dose, same setting, same diet and attitude, and see if it still rates 10 on your enjoy-o-meter. Most likely it will be a completely different trip but may be just as enjoyable.

As for feeling unsettled, the only advice I can give you is to not fight it and just let things happen. If you find yourself in a challenging trip just flow with it. Otherwise, you'll find yourself in a downward spiral with yourself. I firmly believe there's no such thing as a bad trip if you go into it with the intention of learning. Only challenging trips. It is only your own head after all that is producing the trip.

I'm interested to hear how your next trip goes. Wishing you a positive journey. Thanks for sharing your report.

--------------------
Things I've learned so far:

Death with consciousness can be boring. Balance is important. Set intentions, not expectations. Sad trips can be helpful as well as challenging trips. Stick with your first dose. We learn more when we listen rather than speak. Be kind. The small moments in life that tend to go unnoticed are sometimes the most beautiful.

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Westworld
Re: Level 3 Trip? Interested to hear where to go next from other vets [Re: Orioncat]
    #26419449 - 01/06/20 02:41 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

The thing I find difficult about quantifying the experience in terms of levels is the fact that each trip can be so different and multi-layered. There might be certain things/parts that feel like a level 3, other that feel like level 5 and others that are level 1. For example, if we would quantify body load, mine, when taking any dose over 2g, is always a "level 5". My body always gets ripped apart, crushed or tuned to the atomic vibrations of the universe (metaphorically speaking). But my OEV's are always low, even at the higher doses I have taken.

But your sounds awesome! Glad you enjoyed yourself. I'd suggest when you are going through difficult moments in the trip, not to open your eyes and use that to "escape" the discomfort but to confront the difficulty. It is different for everyone but I find that with people I can't go as deep (usually because I'm always making sure everyone is O.K). And sometimes I think that, in the past, I used tripping with people as an excuse to take a dose and not have to face the full depth of it. My doses alone have been much more powerful and so, after I realized that, I mainly dose alone. I'll do it with a friend here and there but with a more "recreational" mindset.

If it is to go to new depths, I also go alone. Sometimes it is scary, but I got tired of living my life behind my fears. And these experiences have helped me face them better.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Great report and happy new year! :cheers:

Mush Love :heart:

--------------------

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Level 3 Trip? Interested to hear where to go next from other vets [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26420313 - 01/07/20 03:02 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Socrateshroom said:
And sometimes I think that, in the past, I used tripping with people as an excuse to take a dose and not have to face the full depth of it. My doses alone have been much more powerful and so, after I realized that, I mainly dose alone. I'll do it with a friend here and there but with a more "recreational" mindset.

I have found this out recently, Socrateshroom.

For the last 3.5 years, my wife has generally been present in the house, in some capacity or other. So even if she is actually sitting for me (on a high dose, say), even then I feel compelled to make sure she is alright.

Since about October last year though, my wife has been taking my daughter out and staying out for five or six hours. So the first time I tripped really alone, ie. completely alone, not just someone in another room; during the intense come up I believed I had made a mistake. But what can you do on your Own? I let go, and instantly the trip went deeper and further than ever before. I was so gratefulm(and not in a selfish way, I don’t think), I was so grateful that my wife was out.

I have tripped more or less every 2 weeks since then, on the same dose of 3.8g dry Psilocybe Cubensis B+. And each trip it has got more intense, and I’ve experienced so much more from the trip. Last couple of trips, at times it felt like I’d taken over 5g when I’d “only” taken 3.8g. Reckon if I did 5g today, alone, it could be earth-shattering......

Mush love, fella,
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: Level 3 Trip? Interested to hear where to go next from other vets [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26420315 - 01/07/20 03:05 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry, minor update: I actually started tripping alone last September 2019. I went camping on my allotment, away from people and noise. Midway through the peak, my neighbouring allotment-holder turned up and tried engaging with me. FFS!

Mental note to self: Next camping trip must be miles from civilisation....

Mush love,
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”

Terence McKenna

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Re: Level 3 Trip? Interested to hear where to go next from other vets [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26420523 - 01/07/20 07:58 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
Sorry, minor update: I actually started tripping alone last September 2019. I went camping on my allotment, away from people and noise. Midway through the peak, my neighbouring allotment-holder turned up and tried engaging with me. FFS!

Mental note to self: Next camping trip must be miles from civilisation....

Mush love,
DJ Ed

Must of sucked to basically be walked in on in your space when peaking! But yea that is the trouble with tripping with other people, especially if you're the "host" and such, you always end up having to monitor the others to make sure everyone is fine (which has been the case for me). My first real trip alone was in October of last year and it was a weird and uncomfortable one (which pushed me away from tripping alone until New Years where I realized that I let fear stop me). But even on that first uncomfortable trip alone, I learned more than with other people. It also helps that the few friends I have aren't really into tripping and so I don't have anyone hounding me to trip.

At the end of the day, as I'm sure you realized, the experience is intimately personal, even if you have people around you. You generally can't bring them into your space nor can you enter theirs (there are exceptions of course where intimate partners will have strong interconnected experiences on mushrooms, but, generally speaking, most of the time you are sucked into your own, individual mind).

--------------------

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: Level 3 Trip? Interested to hear where to go next from other vets [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26420556 - 01/07/20 08:23 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Socrateshroom said:

At the end of the day, as I'm sure you realized, the experience is intimately personal, even if you have people around you. You generally can't bring them into your space nor can you enter theirs (there are exceptions of course where intimate partners will have strong interconnected experiences on mushrooms, but, generally speaking, most of the time you are sucked into your own, individual mind).

I had a high dose trip once; when I was well into the peak and the anxiety had been replaced with awe, my wife came and chilled with me while Shpongle were playing in the background; it definitely felt telepathic, and at times I had to remind myself she wasn’t actually tripping!

At the other end of the scale, last trip my daughter was on a sleepover, so my wife agreed to stay upstairs in my daughters room (next to the bathroom / toilet) and watch tv. That she did. And it was 99% like a trip alone (I was still aware she was somewhere in the house, so that thought occasionally distracted me; at one point I was convinced she’d been downstairs and let the dogs out, but apparently not!). But I did have to go to the toilet a lot that trip, and every time I got to the top of the stairs, I could hear the tv. That was not good, I had to focus on not hearing it and losing the awesome headspace I was in. If that makes sense?

So I am really starting to appreciate and enjoy trippping alone; but that said, and particularly when it is one of those really euphoric trips, I crave to be able to share it with someone.......

Take care,
DJ Ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

#26420583 - 01/07/20 08:50 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
I could hear the tv. That was not good, I had to focus on not hearing it and losing the awesome headspace I was in. If that makes sense?

So I am really starting to appreciate and enjoy tripping alone; but that said, and particularly when it is one of those really euphoric trips, I crave to be able to share it with someone.......

Take care,
DJ Ed

Definitely makes sense, it is one of the reasons my October trip was weird, the T.V was absolutely blasting downstairs and it kept ripping me out of that psychedelic space so much that I ended up tossing in my bed with my ego consuming me.

But yea, I get you about wanting to be around people. The few times with friends, I was glad I was with them as the comedown started. It was so great to have someone there to talk to and really connect with, especially because we were all in a more open way than ever before. I think what I'm thinking is just that it sucks having to "babysit" others while tripping yourself (not being the designated trip sitter which is fine, but just being on a trip and ending up making sure everyone else is OK) and because that has been my experience so far, the majority of my experiences now and in the future will be alone. (But I will still indulge with others here and there. Nothing like forming new connections with family, friends and lovers).

--------------------

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26420614 - 01/07/20 09:13 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

That’s what I miss the most, I think, Socrateshroom,

The chatting about the trip afterwards. My wife could never ever get it, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. She has never tripped, so it’s all just a concept to her, an idea!

When I started tripping at 20, many years ago, we took ridiculously high doses together, but always got split up within an hour. We’d all meet back at Clooney’s house afterwards, and then all the stories came out and it was helpful.

Hoping to trip with a friend next couple of months before he moves to Europe, but I don’t want to spoil it for him. So I will be on high alert all that evening......

Mush love,
DJ Ed

--------------------

Terence McKenna

OfflineBodFan
Stranger
    #26449987 - 01/24/20 01:02 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
That’s what I miss the most, I think, Socrateshroom,

The chatting about the trip afterwards. My wife could never ever get it, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. She has never tripped, so it’s all just a concept to her, an idea!

When I started tripping at 20, many years ago, we took ridiculously high doses together, but always got split up within an hour. We’d all meet back at Clooney’s house afterwards, and then all the stories came out and it was helpful.

Hoping to trip with a friend next couple of months before he moves to Europe, but I don’t want to spoil it for him. So I will be on high alert all that evening......

Mush love,
DJ Ed

Thanks for the great replies, guys.  I had forgotten about this post until today and it was great to see your thoughtful replies and insights.

I am hopeful I'll get an opportunity soon for another run at the trip above, as you all suggested.  I will certainly take the advice and try to stay eyes-closed longer and see how far we can go down the rabbit hole.

In regards to doing it with other people, I'm glad you all chimed in... we were considering it for next weekend, but I think I will suggest lower doses and more recreational if we do.  What is written above makes a lot of sense.

In regards to the wife, I have always called my wife 'the trip killer':  She has an uncanny ability to take me out mentally out of the trip, even when she is trying to help and be kind.  She is supportive of it 110%, but the way she interacts with me during the trip always makes me feel like I am a burden or doing something wrong.  When I first started tripping it was mostly at concerts and I have since learned that even smaller doses at concerts with her is not a good mix.

Thank you!

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Re: Level 3 Trip? Interested to hear where to go next from other vets [Re: BodFan]
    #26451103 - 01/25/20 02:12 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Lol yes it can’t be quite disorienting, distracting, whatever, when your head is full of connectedness and eternity, and your wife tries telling you about the bargain she just got while out shopping.......

❤️

--------------------

Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom