Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePistachios
Stranger
Pistachios' Instantpot (instapot) bulk tek
    #26448922 - 01/23/20 08:03 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

>> moving thread, posted in the wrong place.

Hey Starters,

Please be kind as this my first write-up, I'll attempt to edit and add photos throughout time. I know a lot of you don't have a fancy 15 psi pressure cooker and a lot of people advise against 12-13 psi instapots. However, it is possible to create 7L bulk tubs with nothing more than pf tek materials.

Please do all work in a still air box (SAB) and follow standard sterile procedures outlined in most teks.

To start, you will need a monoculture. To obtain a monoculture you can either run pf tek in a shotgun fruiting chamber (SGFT) and find a nice clone or you can attempt to invitro fruit a shroom

To invitro fruit a shroom you will need a form of agar and some spores. The following is how i prepare my "agar" but you can use any type of agar you want.

BRF paste - add 5 grams BRF and 16 ml water to a half pint/glad miniround that has both micropore and a self healing injection port. pressure cook this for 35-40 minutes on high in your instapot.

this is a pretty bad picture and pancake, theyre normally smooth but i did not put enough liquid in the jar.

Afterwards this has cooled it should be a flat, gelatinous, pancake that you can apply spore solution/liquid culture to. If you're using a multispore then streak the spores over the pancake and leave it to grow.

when you begin seeing growth you should isolate clean mycelium by transferring into another few pancakes and allow them to grow out, i do this by scooping the mycelium with a flamed inoculation loop and then pressing it into the next pancake. the pankcakes are rather sticky so the mycelium will come away from the pancake easily without having to take a wedge like in traditional agar transfers. these clean cultures will eventually produce fruits which you can clone onto a new pancake or you can make LI when they're clean enough (mentioned later).

now it's time to prepare your pf tek cakes, i use 2 verm: 1 BRF: 1 water, follow any other tek on the internet, pressure cook for 60 minutes on high and leave to cool. I can fit 4 300 ml cakes in mine with the supplied rack however this may be able to be pushed to 8 250 ml if i were to remove the rack, you can also steam these in a large pot for 90 minutes if you wish to do more at once. 

Afterwards, produce a LI by pressure cooking water, in a jar with micropore and a SHIP for 35-40 minutes on high in your instapot. Once this water has cooled remove a syringe full of water and forcefully inject it into your pancake through the SHIP, this should tear up the mycelium. suck this LI back up and inject it into your PF tek cakes. you now have a monoculture within your cakes. (remember standard procedures).

this pancake has moisture because i used it to make LI and did not remove all the water, it has fully recovered.

This is not needed but interesting nonetheless:
Because the pancake is so gelatenous, if you remove all the water it will recover in one to two days and fill in the gaps where you injected water. if you were to remove the lid and add a small amount of pasteurized coir to this, rubber band a paper towel where the lid used to be then it will fruit a few small mushrooms (approx 5 g wet for a sleepy time tea).

once your cakes have 100% colonized (or stalled due to compaction not contam and are 100% healthy (sniff test) remove all uncolonized BRF and spawn to bulk with pasteurized coir. you can use any method you want: unmod, dubtub, shoebox.

mine stalled, i removed all of the uncolonized BRF and sent it to bulk. i was an idiot and put tinfoil under my lid for some reason DO NOT DO THAT. i'll upload a better image next run.

personally i use a 7L tub with 4 mm holes slightly above the sub line on the longest side and a 12mm slit at the top of the shorter sides. this is a nomod on day 8, it's first flush was much smaller than the modified.

remember, pictures to come.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures