Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSwinette
Stranger

I just made my Monotub and want to grow gourmets/medicinals *DELETED*
    #26446565 - 01/22/20 03:22 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Swinette

Reason for deletion: answered

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineseagu

Re: I just made my Monotub and want to grow gourmets/medicinals [Re: Swinette]
    #26447198 - 01/22/20 09:07 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

If you want any real success with Lion's Mane or Oysters you will need the fan on 24/7 - at least. And then if your fan CFM is too low you will need a faster fan. And even if the specs say your fan CFM is OK.. be prepared for it not to be fast enough. Not sure about Turkey Tail as I have never grown them. The Blue Oysters will need light for color. If the cool Blue coloring matters to you. Or just keep it cold like low 60's to 50's for coloring. If you don't care about coloring then don't worry about it. You will need some light though either way. But with your fan you are not really doing a monotub, per se, more like a MarthaTub or Mini-Martha. And you may come into problems with that low of humidity for LM. LM needs a boat load of humidity. And with that many holes in your tub and NEEDING to pump in a boat load of fresh air in and out of there  you WILL run into mold problems the room your fruiting chamber is in because of the high humidity that will also get pumped out during the air exchange as well, being maintained. The tons of FAE needed WILL add constant humidity to the room your fruiting chamber is in unless you do something about it.

And Don't forget you really need to pump the spores from the Oysters directly outside because they release a ton of spores and can cause what is called Spore Lung which is an allergic reaction that can happen because of the ton of spores, etc. You can search about it on Shroomery for more info.

Some things to think about for ya. :cheers:

--------------------
Plan to win or you are planning for failure. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. Just figure out the solution. Even if that means banging your head on a wall until the solution oozes out of you.

Edited by seagu (01/23/20 06:33 AM)

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I just made my Monotub and want to grow gourmets/medicinals [Re: seagu]
    #26447690 - 01/23/20 06:31 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I would not bother attempting oysters or lion's mane in a monotub.  The turkey tails might work.  King oysters would work well but only kings.  Pioppino/black poplar should work. 

Reishi works great in monotubs as well

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Offlineseagu

Re: I just made my Monotub and want to grow gourmets/medicinals [Re: Forrester]
    #26447726 - 01/23/20 07:05 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Yea the amount of conversion modifications needed to get it to work as I started to list( BLEH :crazy2: ) and then to grow in such a small space  for such a small return in your investment :crying: Run a martha, no stealth needed. :thumbup: You will already basically need to spend the amount of money to convert the small space to work anyways.. Cause like everyone has said a monotub won't work for Oysters and LM. It won't give you enough fresh air.

--------------------
Plan to win or you are planning for failure. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. Just figure out the solution. Even if that means banging your head on a wall until the solution oozes out of you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract