Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26454958 - 01/27/20 10:58 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

watermelon mon said:
I head HIV was a bio warfair ?

HIV is the worst candidate for a bioweapon. It is extremely hard to transmit and It has a multi year latency.

No it is not extremely hard to transmit HIV, and this complacency coupled with the new drug "Prep" is causing more infections to happen. Wrap it up people, gay or straight. I would suggest having two HIV tests within a 6 month time (every 3 months) at least before having unprotected sex. If you want to be more careful do the testing for 1-2 years every 3 months. It can stay undetected for many years, but that is not very common. Me and the now husband did 2 tests in 6 months before we had unprotected sex. I have not been with another person in 5 years, and neither has he.:heart:

Compared to most infectious diseases, HIV is very difficult to transmit. Casual contact never results in transmission. We’re talking about bioweapons. It would be a worthless bioweapon. You would have to individually infect your targets and that would require you physically forcing the virus into the victim.

As for your advice. I used to think along those lines. It’s futile. Nobody is using condoms with Prep and there is no amount of education or convincing that will change that behavior. If enough people are on prep essentially HIV transmission will stop in the gay community. Prep use in a lot of urban gay communities is becoming extensive. The UK just announced that HIV infection rates in the gay community are down 71%. DC has been dropping 25% every year for the last few years. The public health benefit of prep for hiv prevention is far more significant than condoms ever were. Unprotected sex has become the norm and nothing is gonna get that train back in the station.

Quote:

Based on introduction of the intervention, HIV infections diagnosed in men who have sex with men in the Australian state of New South Wales fell by a quarter -- 25.1% -- in one year in the research, published Wednesday in the journal the Lancet.

55% drop in HIV incidence in gay men in England in just two years

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (01/27/20 11:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Asante] * 1
    #26454966 - 01/27/20 11:04 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
I heard that the Russians are developing the vaccine as we speak.  Problem is, it could take months.

So are Belgians, and likely several other nations. Lead time including clinical testing will be >12 months.

Quote:

Asante said:
Something for the grocery list, it sounds too silly for words, but get a few bags of cough lozenges. Its a primarily respiratory illness and cough lozenges are basically oldtime OTC meds to help ease breathing and clear the lungs.

While this won't help with the virus itself, it may prevent secondary issues such as pneumonia. Acetylcysteine is generally safe and effective; 600mg/day.

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Asante]
    #26454991 - 01/27/20 11:22 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

One picture of an empty Wuhan supermarket was enough to make me sorta nervous.

I fugured Ill just go find Asante and eat his food, but then I remembered how you had poisoned your stock and made yourself immune and I was like "better get my own food" :lol:

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #26455015 - 01/27/20 11:37 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Ill bet he will share plenty specially those had gain immunity for that mushrooms soups.:drinkcoffee:

Glad i didnt threw my stock after i had a bad trip and was planing to. I still got plenty just incase for last resort.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: koods]
    #26455026 - 01/27/20 11:49 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for the stats. I still stand by my advice. :shrug: kids/people these days, *sigh*

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: koraks]
    #26455029 - 01/27/20 11:51 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Tripsurfer, what kind of things were on your grocery list to stock up?

Items on today's grocery list included:

Oatmeal (rolled oats) -carb/prot/fibre
Mashed Potato powder - carb
Cassava Flour - carb
Chickpea Flour (gram dal) - prot/carb/fibre
Canned Tuna - prot
Canned Tomato concentrate - veg
Marrowfat Peas (kapucijners) - veg/prot/carb
Unsalted Peanuts - fat/prot
whole Pumpkins - veg/vit
Broth cubes - salt
Whey Protein - prot
Anta Flu Classic Cough Lozenges
Fresh bottle of bleach
36 loo rolls for all that congealing :awesomenod:

And I just added on Koraks apt suggestion, acetylcysteine (good call Koraks!)

I have a foodgrade 55 gal drum lying around, if push comes to shove particularly I'll use it to store 200 liters of drinking water. (got bleach, got a LifeStraw, it will work out)

Oatmeal, Mashed Potato powder and Cassava flour all have

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

#26455045 - 01/27/20 12:01 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Rice
Pasta (all my kids eat)
Canned tuna
Tons of potted veggies
Olive oil (extra vergine)
Tomato concentrate
Tomatoe sauce

Loads of nuts and a couple kgs of meat/chicken are in the house at any time anyway

Im counting on power/water being available for a while but if not I live very close to a huge volume of fresh water.

I have a bunch of camping gear and because I forgot I had one in the basement I recently bought a second tank of propane for a trip

Also have a jerrycan of petrol and one diesel

--------------------

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Tripsurfer] * 1
    #26455053 - 01/27/20 12:07 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I have a 72 hr rations bucket that just needs water and maybe some heat.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#26455056 - 01/27/20 12:08 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Intelligent choices!

I couldnt trick you into oatmeal for congealing's sake :grin: but those are good choices.

If I may make a suggestion: unsalted peanuts (or peanut butter) for making peanut sauce and adding some virgin coconut oil.

You have your prots, your fats, your carbs, your fiber and your veggies, good to go.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 2
    #26455140 - 01/27/20 01:00 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I ordered some stuff on ebay from china and I think they sent me corona virus.

--------------------

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

#26455161 - 01/27/20 01:09 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I have kids, we always have peanutbutter (100% peanuts) and everbody has coconut oil dont they?

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Tripsurfer] * 5
    #26455233 - 01/27/20 01:44 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: koods]
    #26455246 - 01/27/20 01:50 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

10 days, 61x increase..  Today 4 confirmed in the US, 1 in Canada.

Quote:

koods said:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #26455272 - 01/27/20 02:02 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
10 days, 61x increase..  Today 4 confirmed in the US, 1 in Canada.

Quote:

koods said:

You can almost say that, it's gone viral!

--------------------

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #26455300 - 01/27/20 02:15 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

For fucks sake, just been invited to the Robodex in Tokyo Japan next month, all expenses paid

Goddamn virus. Now I dont wanna go

There will be 130K people visiting a 3 day event, and half of them are from fucking China

Been wanting to go to Japan for ages :mad2:

My GF is freaking out

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26455318 - 01/27/20 02:22 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

You shouldn't miss out on something like that for the virus. If you're relatively young (20-40) and in good health, it's not likely that the virus would do much to you anyway. Plus it's doubtful that the japanese government would let in anyone who is even remotely suspicious. Japan has extremely strict border controls.

That food you guys mentioned is all pretty good stuff even normally. I'd hardly even call it rations just because I'd eat that anyway. Rice, oatmeal, tomato stuff, pasta, instant mashed potato, peanuts, that's good eatin right there. You guys are making me hungry.

Maybe one of these days I'll buy one of those big mountain house buckets. Good for camping and emergencies, and just good for eating in general.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: nooneman] * 2
    #26455438 - 01/27/20 03:25 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Tripsurfer said:
For fucks sake, just been invited to the Robodex in Tokyo Japan next month, all expenses paid

Goddamn virus. Now I dont wanna go

There will be 130K people visiting a 3 day event, and half of them are from fucking China

Been wanting to go to Japan for ages :mad2:

My GF is freaking out

If I see the figures with China right next door my guess is that the event will be cancelled.

One infected person could infect dozens.

Quote:

nooneman said:
it's doubtful that the japanese government would let in anyone who is even remotely suspicious.

What's suspicious? People are cointagious before they even appear ill.

In a month this isnt a Chinese problem anymore but an asian problem and in fact a world problem.

If the first 2K patients in China lead to 20 or so cases all over the world, and in 10 days the infected count went up 61x, extrapolating that you would have 120,000 infected of whom 12,000 all over the world in ten days.
That makes it every country's problem.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: nooneman] * 2
    #26455466 - 01/27/20 03:47 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:

That food you guys mentioned is all pretty good stuff even normally. I'd hardly even call it rations just because I'd eat that anyway. Rice, oatmeal, tomato stuff, pasta, instant mashed potato, peanuts, that's good eatin right there. You guys are making me hungry.

Maybe one of these days I'll buy one of those big mountain house buckets. Good for camping and emergencies, and just good for eating in general.

All you need to do is to buy some cheap, healthy food that you will eat anyway, in advance.

The Mountain House freeze dried stuff is great, keeps for like 30 years or so, but it is SO EXPENSIVE that for the price of that bucket you can literally fill the shelves of a closet with good quality fresh foods.

Nooneman, not to sound overly dramatic but "the crisis" will likely not be in 30 years but THIS WINTER, so if you buy jars and cans and pasta and all that thats good for this year, thats good enough.

If you shop smart you can even make it so that you save money because you buy in bulk, which is cheaper, and for exactly the items that are either on sale or relatively low cost anyway.

Since you said oatmeal :smile:

Oatmeal costs what, 45 cents per pound? If you blow a tenner on oatmeal, blammo, you have 22 lbs of oatmeal, containing 3 lbs of protein, 2 lbs of very healthy fiber and over 10lbs of extra slow releasing starch - in other words 16.5 gallons of prepared oatmeal, for ten bucks. The price of a delivery pizza! You can bring water or milk to a boil, torn off the heat then stir in the oatmeal, and maybe some salt and sugar or maybe some spices even for flavoring and make it like that, but oatmeal is 70-95% of muesli and thus, can be prepared cold, by taking oatmeal, stirring in literally whatever liquid or beverage floats your boat and bam, meal that fills you for 5 hours because of the extra slow carbs and the high protein. Weight for weight, oatmeal has half the protein content of fried chicken. 10 bucks of oatmeal, nutritiously, has the protein of 10lbs of fried chicken and the carbs of 15lbs of rice on the side, no freezer or heating needed. You can even take oatmeal, bananas, cocoa and honey and make gourmet meal bars for on the go. THAT is versatile as an emergency food.

Oh and speaking of bug-in survival:

*reposts* PREPAREDNESS - Asante's 1 month home survivability minimum recommendation.
Quote:

US Army Field Manual on Survival, one of the best survival guides (direct Shroomery download)

Where There Is No Doctor - official DIY healthcare guidelines for untrained civilans, a mainstay in develping nations (direct Shroomery download)

LDS Guide - after a few pages about Jesus, 200+ pages high quality info on survival in the home and on the run, a prepper's mainstay (direct Shroomery download)

It doesnt have to be the end of the world. It can be as simple as a severe financial crisis. Or a really bad, really lethal Influenza outbreak or another contagious disease. A storm, a flood, a hurricane. Or a lot closer to home, widespread riots in your city making it wise to barricade the door and wait it out.

Here's my 1 month home survivability minimum recommendation. Almost all of these crises will be over in a few days, or a few weeks at most. This is great because your prep here will be enough to help out more people than you anticipated.

Please, consider committing to storing up a m,onths worth of self sufficiency in your home.

-Assume you'll take your stand in your home.
-Get a first aid kit for the home, you really need that anyway.
-Get acetaminophen, get diphenhydramine, get loperamide.
-Get food and drink for a month in your home.
-Get a camping stove and cartridges to cook the food and a months supply of toiletpaper and trashbags to wipe and get rid of the food.
-Get a bottle of non sudsy chlorine bleach and a pair of household gloves. Refresh this bottle every year. Also get a pack of dust mouth masks, such as used in construction.
-If possible, get a months worth of cash in your home in small bills.
-Get a LifeStraw. You need just one for up to a family.
-Get candles, glowsticks, a led flashlight, batteries and a lil radio set to the emergency frequency.
-Get a survival book or at the very least download LDS and BUSHDOCTOR and USARMY (these are direct downloads of .pdf files here on the Shroomery)
-Get a quality survival style knife like a Ka-Bar or Fallkniven F1 and a knife sharpener, a multitool and waterproof matches.
-Get a weapon for home defense. In tight gun law countries this can be something like a chefs knife or screwdriver ducktaped to a yard long steel pipe, a machete or quality shortsword such as a wakizashi, crossbow, ice axe (for mountaineering), pepperspray or baseball bat, in places like the US a handgun is best.
-Get some drugs in your home that you won't binge on but which will help pass the time and serve as potential barter. Don't forget coffee, tea, alcohol and tobacco if you are in the habit and can have em in your home without going overboard.

You don't have to get this all at once, you can pick up an item every now and then and add it to your collection.

As for a months food and drink, you can consider getting a box of emergency rations, army ones (like the NRG-5 the UN and Red Cross uses but your own nation's army typically has the most affordable kind) or luxury ones like the freeze dried gourmet stuff like Mountain House brand. Emergency rations have the advantage of being compact, calorie dense and have shelf lives of 10, 15 or 25 years which means you can forget about them for over a decade. In addition to that many can be consumed as-is so theres no need for elaborate cooking, which may not be possible.

If you got these you are waaay ahead of nine out of ten people. Note that a prep like this is of a size you can still stuff in a car and drive off with.

Interest your VERY closest friends in the whole prep thing and propose to shack up in case of calamity. This combines your efforts, supplies and skills and at once you got a team. Teams of tight knit friends have higher survivability.

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
What are you doing to prepare?

I'm beefing up my prepping effort, to have supplies for a month plus without need for shopping runs, also not counting on gas, electric, water mains. Besides the basic bare-bones longterm storage prep which is fine as it is, I'm beefing it up with many intermediate-term storage items that will not just make it survivable but also, comfortable to do so. Lets not forget that even the US Government itself through FEMA is urging Americans to take at least a few weeks of supplies in your house, in any part of America, at any time (fema.gov link) so I'm not saying something alien and nonsensical here. This is something which even your government urges you to do.

I'm letting those with me know that I believe its necessary to take preparations for 2019, even on the risk of looking a fool to others, emphasizing to take it with however many grains of salt one wishes, as one ultimately is responsible for ones own decisions. The ones who laugh it off now, if it comes to be, will have one heck of a wakeup call at the first sign of trouble they take seriously. If they still don't, they should become part of the disaster. It will probably last considerably shorter than a person will starve. If they are so hell bent on experiencing third world problems, let them drink from their toilet, and then from the nearby river, let them be part of the civil unrest on an empty stomach, sure.

The Judeo/Christian/Islamic story of Noah's Ark comes to mind. If you feel called to build an Ark (metaphor for preparing against potential calamity) by all means tell the others - the ones that laugh and scoff are not meant to be on board. Disasters happen for a reason, if this one happens the reason is loud and clear.

In addition to sensibly preparing to meet temporary societal service interruptions and telling a friend, I'm also taking preparations to profit from this disaster. Some of the worlds greatest corporate piggybanks are about to get smashed releasing countless billions into markets a citizen can access. Value of currencies will take a nosedive, commodities will soar, alternate currencies like crypto will potentially soar like never before as Big $$ takes refuge, stock pricvces will plummet sharply before they risew back up to their inherent value, or over in compensation. As some corporate giants are gonna lose their shit, I'm going to attempt catching some of it.
Plenty good money to be made in this scenario if you respond correctly to it.

So:

Prepare for calamity
Prepare for opportunity
Prepare your friends

Thats my plan.

If its yet another disaster drill, no harm done.

The sensible purchasing of life supplies will result in groceries $avings$ so it nets me money as I'll be using retail what I buy in bulk, anyway.

Preparing for opportunity, even if a drill, will improvew my financial situation and alertness.

Preparing my friends will help them gain an edge over the general population as they'll be sinking thoughts and actions into investing into the ounces of prevention that outperform pounds of cure, and it will futher separate the wheat from the chaff, those who take me seriously will weigh my words, or anyones words, more carefully as the forecast did not materialize, and those who think its all a big joke, will take me even less seriously, which, too, is advantageous.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (01/27/20 04:05 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Viral outbreak in China [Re: Asante] * 2
    #26455743 - 01/27/20 06:30 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

The Coronavirus family is a family of virii that in humans primarily are associated with "the common cold" as opposed to "the flu" which is caused by Infuenza virii.

It is a virus that occurs in both humans and certain animals, and these can also infect one another.

There is anecdotal evidence that l-ascorbic acid, in other words, Vitamin C, has activity in the prevention and treatment of both the common cold and influenza, as well as in treating some other virus infections. Effects of Vitamin C on the Common Cold are "Not Disproven"

For many people, taking 1-3 grams of Vitamin C (which is available cheap both as a powder and as 1 gram pills) daily, as much of this as can be tolerated without diarroea, reduces the risk of contracting the common cold and influenza by about half.

If one has contracted it, the regimen becomes 3 grams (a heaping teaspoon in a glass of water or juice) 3-4x a day, stopping short of diarroea forming. Generally when taking such a dose, a period of subjective relief lasting several hours is felt. In combatting serious disease, researchers have administered in excess of 100 grams of vitamin C a day, even by injection, guided by finding the dose that causes diarroea, then backing it off by about 20% so that diarroea does not occur anymore.

Its one of the few things a lay person can do without doctor's intervention, buying lets say a kilo of Vitamin C for $20 and keeping it on hand in case of emergency while taking a daily 1-3 grams as a preventive measure.

Since Wuhan Coronavirus is associated with high fevers, having ample "aspirins" on hand is recommended, preferably of the kind that also reduces inflammations, such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen. Acetaminophen is a step down from this.

As Koraks rightly recommended, l-Acetylcysteine (a nutraceutical for the airways) is good to have on hand, also cough lozenges and an antihistaminic often prescribed for flu and colds, such as diphenhydramine. Oldfashioned cough lozenges, or a spoon of honey, are as effective as medicated cough syrup

An airway desinfectant cough syrup active against secondary bacterial infections can be prepared at home by heating 2 parts by weight of sugar and 1 part by weight of water together until dissolved, then steeping a 1 ounce packet of the kitchen herb thyme in 3 pounds of this. Instead of thyme, one can also steep a large finely cut onion in the sugary water before filtering.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #26455786 - 01/27/20 06:55 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

zinc lozenges aren't a terrible idea either.  maybe copper supplements as well

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates