Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Left Coast Kratom Shop: Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Society's Band-Aid: Laws
    #2644317 - 05/06/04 04:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well I just saw a program about childhood bullys. And of course our prestigious school systems are now passing 'laws' against bullying.

My feeling is this is total BS. How can you make a law against bullying. Dont you think it would be easier to find out why the kids are so angry? Well that would take actuall effort, and its easier just to say if you do it youll be punished. Its basically a band-aid over a seething wound.

Im so sick of all the laws. When something bad happends, the first thing is a law against it.

I like laws that work without the input of government, such as the law of gravity. We all learned that one quick. Or the law of thermodynamics.

One might say "without laws everyone would just go crazy". Yea like my neighbors would suddenly become burglers, and thieves and drive like maniacs right? Hardly. In fact I believe that the laws do nothing to stop crime.

Ive done some bad shit in my life, and if ANYTHING, the laws made what I was doing more exciting because I knew there would be consequences if I got caught. The govt knows this thats why they make the rules, to make us miserable.(yes I really believe this.)

Think about it, when was the last time you were speeding in your car. You are playing russian roulette with the cops, always looking at the horizon to spot that cop car as quick as possible to slow down. And In fact its the thrill of getting caught that makes it fun. Going 65 on the thruway is no fun becuase you can go that fast anyways but 65 in a 40mph zone, NOW WERE TALKING!!! WOOHOOO BREAKING THE LAW BREAKING THE LAW, DUN DUN!. If you go 90 then you get nervous, not becuase the thrill of going fast, but becuase you may get caught.

Likewise we never learn the true value of doing the 'right' thing becusae all were trained to do is 'not get caught'

ANyhoo thats my rant for today

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Society's Band-Aid: Laws [Re: Scolecite]
    #2644433 - 05/06/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'd just like to say, I was a victim of "bullying" from grade 4 til grade 10 when I dropped out of highschool..

And I can honestly say I would NOT go back and change it if I could. I am the person I am today, with the morals and standards that I have, because of that period of time in which I wasn't treated well.

I learned a lot of valuable lessons from being "bullied".

If we put the shackles on every single bad thing, we will never learn anything. Things we label as "bad" as just learning experiences.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2644599 - 05/06/04 08:01 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The way I see it, if there aren't laws against bad things, people will do it anyways. Even if there are laws, people may still do "it", but at least there are consequences.

People who will be lazy and not take their kid to get help for bullying other kids will be forced to do so when their kid gets busted for bullying. The bully will actually benefit from being busted on a law created to prevent his bullying.

People don't usually automatically go to jail or pay a fine. I am willing to bet that for this kind of law, there is first a diversionary program offered, such as if they take parenting classes and put their kid in counseling, they will avoid paying the fine and avoid jail, if there was a jail sentence.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2644959 - 05/06/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What a fuckin joke.  The biggest bully of them all-GOVERNMENT. Power to the pupils.  :stoned:

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Left Coast Kratom Shop: Kratom Powder For Sale