Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZoda
Pilzkopf
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
Golden Teacher First Grow
    #26441752 - 01/19/20 01:59 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Hello folks,

I did join these boards in order to get some expert opinion on my Golden Teach or Penis Envy Vote , as I was not sure the 2x growbags with mycelium they send me were golden teacher. Now after having several trips on the mushrooms, Im pretty sure they are :mushroom2:

I have since then asked how I can better my process with liquid culture cloning and was refered to that agar dishes basically are my best option.

So heres the update from the grow:

From the two liquid cultures I took, I spawned 5/9 successfully. Some it almost took 4 weeks to even begin to grow, and then some more weeks I was afraid the moisture would go too low and took the half spawned ones into new bags aswell.

These new bags I created my own substrate based on:

Choir
Worm Droppings
(too small) Vermiculite
Perlite
not sure how you say that in english, the stuff you get from limestone a handyman would use.  you know what i mean im sure :wink: to keep the pH level steady

Bag is sealed with medical tape.

Bag 1 I has nicely begun , but hit a stall about 1 week ago. I since started airing the bag twice a day , as I believe its a bad Co2 level that would cause the delay.

lines to track progess if its still growing or not

Bag 2 was too losely packed as I wanted to test out if the mycelium needs a looser earth.  And its too wet, it also has a sour light stench when i open the bag but i cannot see signs of infection.

left side you can see where it cracked ;(

Here are the agar dishes. Two are a goner. One just received medical surgery and the last one is looking good!

So guess Ill wait it out on the bag and see how theyre developing over the next weeks. I dont think they need moisture so ill wait with that and just keep fanning.

I suppose what I couldve messed up in hindsight is providing too few spawn grains on a large bag in a 1:4 or even 1:5 ratio. I ready that 1:3 should be the max and I think I now see why...the spawn cannot develop the bag in the ideal time it has with moisture level and all.

Or could you also grow successful with a 1:10 ratio and you just have to wait that much longer?

Any advise is greatly appreaciated.

Much peace and love <3

--------------------
“I’m growing mushrooms… because I can’t kill them. They just keep multiplying…and it’s like…I’m in service to them.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrubblesome
Stranger
Female

Re: Golden Teacher First Grow [Re: Zoda]
    #26441779 - 01/19/20 02:09 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

you can spawn 1:20 if you want as long as your culture is strong and clean

4 weeks to start growing/weeks after for consolidation and eventially stalling out makes me think both have infections of some sort. how many transfers did you make on agar before making LC? what was your process for making the LC? did you test the LC on agar before inoculating grain with it?

--------------------

OfflineZoda
Pilzkopf
I'm a teapot

Re: Golden Teacher First Grow [Re: trubblesome]
    #26441800 - 01/19/20 02:22 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trubblesome said:
you can spawn 1:20 if you want as long as your culture is strong and clean

4 weeks to start growing/weeks after for consolidation and eventially stalling out makes me think both have infections of some sort. how many transfers did you make on agar before making LC? what was your process for making the LC? did you test the LC on agar before inoculating grain with it?

sadly the only sample i have from the original flush is in the liquid culture.

i have never worked with agar before, so i have no clue as to the procedures you refer to.

I inaucculated all bags from regular rye spawn jars that i injected with liquid culture ( that i made myself).

so youre saying they could be all bad because of the original strain of mushroom I took or because of my hygiene process Im trying to follow here.

--------------------
“I’m growing mushrooms… because I can’t kill them. They just keep multiplying…and it’s like…I’m in service to them.”

Offlinetrubblesome
Stranger
Female

#26441847 - 01/19/20 03:18 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

well, the bags appear to have knots so I’m guessing you’ll have fruits soon that you can get spores from to put to agar and make transfers with until you have clean, uniform growth. transferring is simply cutting healthy growth from one plate and putting it on a new plate. then you pick the healthiest, fastest growth and transfer to another plate. once you have uniform growth with no bacteria or molds present, you take a large cutting from that and put it directly to grain. however, with the plates you have, the healthiest growth looks to me like around 11 oclock and 1 oclock on the top right plate. I’d take a small diamond cut from there and put it on a new plate and see how it grows out.

I recommend that method because making liquid culture is difficult to keep clean even for experienced growers. not knowing anything about your technique I have no idea how it might have gone bad - can you describe the process you used to make the LC?

--------------------

OfflineZoda
Pilzkopf
I'm a teapot

#26442505 - 01/20/20 12:03 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trubblesome said:
well, the bags appear to have knots so I’m guessing you’ll have fruits soon that you can get spores from to put to agar and make transfers with until you have clean, uniform growth. transferring is simply cutting healthy growth from one plate and putting it on a new plate. then you pick the healthiest, fastest growth and transfer to another plate. once you have uniform growth with no bacteria or molds present, you take a large cutting from that and put it directly to grain. however, with the plates you have, the healthiest growth looks to me like around 11 oclock and 1 oclock on the top right plate. I’d take a small diamond cut from there and put it on a new plate and see how it grows out.

I recommend that method because making liquid culture is difficult to keep clean even for experienced growers. not knowing anything about your technique I have no idea how it might have gone bad - can you describe the process you used to make the LC?

Thank you for your Troubles, Mr. Some. :smile:

The problem with my golden teachers is that none of them gave me any spores. I ready thats is almost impossible to get a good print from this strain.

So I pressure cooked some water with hones solution and simply cut a piece from the middle of a nice cluster shroom into it and stirred it every day.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26349972

And not all the grain jars took that long to colonize. Some started after 1 weeks and took a total of 4 weeks to fully colonize. This jar I then used to transfer the mycelium to new jars which you see in the picture. I havent seen a single black or pink spot in the jars. Thats why I thought I had no problems with them.

Also, the 4 agar dishes you see all have 1 grain from one of those 2nd generation jars on them. and like you said 2 of them seems fine without any other lifeform growin on there. can i take that as some form of ensurance, that my liquid culture was sterile enough?

--------------------

Offlinetrubblesome
Stranger
Female

#26442697 - 01/20/20 06:46 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

well no not exactly because it definitely wasnt clean, as evidenced by the slow colonization times (4 weeks for full colonization of a jar from an LC is way too long) and presence of any contaminates at all (that sour smell is 100% bacteria and the jars look like they grew mold in addition to mushroom mycelium). not to mention a tissue cutting from a fruit grown in open air direct to LC is not a recommended liquid culture technique. although it would have taken longer up front to get to inoculating grains, had you first cloned it on agar, transferred until clean, and made the LC from a clean agar culture you would already have a harvest of fruits. youre on the right track though, using agar to clean up the culture from a single grain.

the plate in the top right is the only one i would use. I would cut two pieces out of it to transfer to new petris. one from around 11 oclock and one from 1 oclock, if you imagine the circle of mycelium as a clock face in the orientation it is on your picture. wait for it to grow out and keep making transfers until it proves that there are no mold or bacteria hitch hiking on it. keep all your updates in one thread so people can more easily help you.

im on my phone at the moment and wont be home until later but I’ll drop some links here for you tonight

--------------------

OfflineZoda
Pilzkopf
I'm a teapot

#26442903 - 01/20/20 10:11 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Ok dang I will make sure to isolate next time ill clone a strain.

Infection wouldve not popped into my mind for slow colonization time, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge!

Does this mean I can toss the bags or should I just let them grow out and see what happens?

--------------------

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #26442915 - 01/20/20 10:21 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Gt drop some solid prints.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Offlinetrubblesome
Stranger
Female

Re: Golden Teacher First Grow [Re: A.k.a]
    #26443391 - 01/20/20 03:50 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

yeah its penis envy that are hard to get prints from. having seen your other thread though you definitely did not grow penis envy.

anyway here's a collection of everything you could possibly want to know about agar:

Agar Teks compiled by Bod

in particular for your need to clean up this culture you should read this one:

Stro's Cleaning and Isolating On Agar

--------------------

OfflineZoda
Pilzkopf
I'm a teapot

#26444137 - 01/21/20 12:42 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trubblesome said:
yeah its penis envy that are hard to get prints from. having seen your other thread though you definitely did not grow penis envy.

anyway here's a collection of everything you could possibly want to know about agar:

You are right once more, I thought I was growing PE when I saved into my memory that spore prints arent an option. But also the 2nd flush I wasnt here for 2 days and the veil on some completely tore and wrinkled its way from downward to upward...and 0 spores on any of them!

I will read through the threads you have provided me with and will try to better isolate a proper culture.

I have also ordered 3x new strains in a liquid syringe online. The usual method here would be to put it into a sterilized grain jar , just like i did with my own liquid culture - correct?

i am assuming the growshop has already isolated the best culture to sell.

--------------------

OfflineZoda
Pilzkopf
I'm a teapot

#26509774 - 02/29/20 01:21 PM (4 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Zoda said:
Quote:

trubblesome said:

Hey there, wanted to provide a little update. I have not continued the GT strain, since I suppose I have a contaminated clone water to begin with.

I have ordered a strain called McKennaii and the grain spawns have yielded amazing results, fully colonizing the entire jar in just under 2 weeks. (jar also has little sugar water drop on top)

Same goes for the substrate I put it into, fully colonization within 2 weeks.

Now the thing is, that was almost 10 days ago...and the subtrate is developing these little sugar water like drops on the surface which i was told is the mycelium fighting bacteria or whatever.

My question is, should I just be patient with the mycelium or have I somehow contaminated this sample again although it grew so amazing?

the subtrate close up with the sugar water on top:

Some agar samples I collected before putting the rest into the substrate:

bottom view

--------------------

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #26509781 - 02/29/20 01:24 PM (4 years, 29 days ago)

It’s drops of metabolites forming, usually from fighting bacteria.

It’ll probably be fine though it’s pretty far along.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineZoda
Pilzkopf
I'm a teapot

Re: Golden Teacher First Grow [Re: A.k.a]
    #26553229 - 03/23/20 02:25 PM (4 years, 6 days ago)

Okay so unfortunately the substrate bag did not produce any mushrooms and I am back to isolating grain spawn.

Can you please check if you see if these sample are contaminated with these white bacteria? Theyre like a little mist sitting on top of the mycelium. I think I see them on the top of my new substrate bag which I filled only with Coco Coir, Gipsum and Perlite.

Bacteria on top layer . Day 7

Beneath top layer it all looks great:

My question for the cutting in this specific case is, do I cut a pizza slice or just the crust so to speak? Since the outher rim seems to be able to flee from the bacteria,but they eventually always catch up ;(

Thank you for your help!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds