Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineNeumonic
Stranger

Favorite Dead song [Re: Lophosaurus] * 2
    #26437634 - 01/16/20 10:45 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Here is my favorite

Mountains of the moon>Duprees Diamond Blues>Dark Star

love Cant Come Down too.

They say I've begun to lose my grip
My hold on reality is starting to slip
They tell me to get off this trip

(I had shit people around me who did not understand what I was going through and almost got taken to a mental institution. "baker acted")

They say that it's like a sinking ship
Life's sweet wine's too warm to sip
And if I drink I'll surely flip
I just say as I take a nip

I spent a night out of my mind walking a country road barefoot talking to the moon and the earth and the sky watching cloud faces and the moon changing shape in response. All I could get my ipod to play was cant come down and east infection by Gogol Bordello.

Started having "memories" of a terrible event that happened in 98 when that song came out and I was just 4 years old. Memories of playing in the backyard with my family and then people started turning into monsters and i was in the bushes with my little brother protecting him. Woke up the next day as a kid with my neck turned all the way to the side inside of some cabinets.

Also of be ing taken to Mars and trained by the Amarzonians (martian amazons)

Man i could just keep going. Ive been working on writing it all out as a journal chronologically but it is kind of hard to remember the progression of events. Started at the gorge in june of last year.

Edited by Neumonic (01/16/20 11:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: koods]
    #26437638 - 01/16/20 10:47 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

How do you not know their music? Do you not like music or do you have bad taste in music? What about "Casey Jones" or "Touch of Grey"? Do you know of and like those songs? What about some live emotional "Stella Blue"? Oh man, I could go on and on.

One of the best bands ever and IMO the best band ever. I honestly feel really bad that you have been living this long without the Dead in your life. For a while I thought they were just OK then one day it clicked and everything fell into place. I felt the music, emotions, and energy and realized that I was listening to music that will never die.

At first I didn't really get the improvisation and long 20 minute songs and now I live for that. I like when they're playing a song for so long that I forget which song they're playing and then they start another song in the middle of the first song and then finish it like 2 sets later.  Even after all the members are gone and even after the current cover bands are gone their music and culture will still be here and still be talked about. They made the world a better place and continue to do so! Long live the music!

OfflineHolyBolete
Mold Slayer

Loc: USA 🇺🇸
Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #26437641 - 01/16/20 10:52 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

This is really turning into a nice thread, Some of these songs are brand new to me even being classics. Will have to jump deeper in here as a 90's baby!

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: HolyBolete]
    #26437652 - 01/16/20 11:00 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineNeumonic
Stranger

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #26437666 - 01/16/20 11:13 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

One more lol

I lied. here is blues for allah. I have never heard ANYONE listening to this. The whole one from the vault is very nice.

Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA, August 13, 1975

They were playing for ... a shit ton of music industry workers, executives, whatever.

Edited by Neumonic (01/16/20 11:21 PM)

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26437685 - 01/16/20 11:31 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
How do you not know their music? Do you not like music or do you have bad taste in music? What about "Casey Jones" or "Touch of Grey"? Do you know of and like those songs? What about some live emotional "Stella Blue"? Oh man, I could go on and on.

One of the best bands ever and IMO the best band ever. I honestly feel really bad that you have been living this long without the Dead in your life. For a while I thought they were just OK then one day it clicked and everything fell into place. I felt the music, emotions, and energy and realized that I was listening to music that will never die.

At first I didn't really get the improvisation and long 20 minute songs and now I live for that. I like when they're playing a song for so long that I forget which song they're playing and then they start another song in the middle of the first song and then finish it like 2 sets later.  Even after all the members are gone and even after the current cover bands are gone their music and culture will still be here and still be talked about. They made the world a better place and continue to do so! Long live the music!

Just not really into that jam band scene or sound 🤷‍♂️

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: Lophosaurus] * 2
    #26438302 - 01/17/20 10:37 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Ramble on rose.  One of my favorites

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: koods] * 1
    #26438307 - 01/17/20 10:40 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Lophosaurus said:

Just not really into that jam band scene or sound 🤷‍♂️

It often sounds incoherent or poorly fleshed out. I could never understand the appeal. I tried high as balls and it made even less sense.

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26438338 - 01/17/20 11:01 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

When you improvise live music on the spot they can't all be zinger's. Some shows are better than others for that reason and also because they aren't perfect musicians and by that I mean they aren't like a "pop star" that plays the same song in the same way 1000's of times. When you do that you can make "crisp" music.

The Dead make "loose" music. When you see the Dead you get a new show every night, even if they play the same setlist, it would be an entirely different show. That is part of the appeal and the other part is enjoying the shows with a crowd of like-minded people. The crowds, the lot, and the scene is as much a part of the show as the music is.

I'm not sure what you mean by makes sense? The lyrics are great and timeless. The music sounds great and gets the crowds going. They had a wall of sound and are responsible for turning on more people to LSD and shrooms than anyone, including all of the Darkweb. They're a cultural phenomenon. Also, the Grateful Dead was a touring band that played almost 3,000 shows and was always meant to be listened to live. They are not a studio band.

If you ever decide to give them another chance then go to a live show with on open mind for fun and musical exploration. If you can't make a live show watch a whole concert online.

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#26438349 - 01/17/20 11:10 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Made sense as "why is this so big." I get what you're saying with the music, overproduction has killed many band's careers, especially with punk and rock. Like Page's purposeful mistakes, but those mistakes are supposed to be there. To jam is an experiential thing, you gotta be there in the moment. It's almost like vicarious enjoyment. It's just not my thing.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #26438678 - 01/17/20 02:19 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
Quote:

koods said:
Didn’t they do a series of final concerts a few years ago? They milked a fortune out of fans thinking it was the last chance. Now they’re touring again?

That’s kinda a scam

Not at all. It was the last shows as "The Dead" and the last time all the remaining members would share the same stage. They never said they would stop playing music. The fans don't feel ripped off and we would be ecstatic if they did a come back show.

Chicago that weekend was amazing. Probably the happiest Chicago has ever been. Tye Dye as far as the eye could see. They had a Grateful Dead art exhibit in the Field Museum that weekend and when I went to go see it I noticed that my GD art was on display . I stood in front of it for an hour and told everybody it was mine!

That was when I met Sheekle in person too. He came and slept at my hotel for a night.

I didn't get to Chicago, but I got to see the rainbow at Santa Clara.:heart:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: sui]
    #26438741 - 01/17/20 03:12 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

That must have been pretty magical! I love when the music just happens to go along with the weather. I remember once when the Trey Pistachio Band was playing a set at Summercamp and there was a thunderstorm going on. The beat of the song was going with the wind. Like when the wind picked up, so did the music and at the same time there were tents and canopies flying through the air. Then the lightning started striking at the same time the drums were hitting hard, on beat with it all.

I need to see more Dead soon. I think Phil is going to start doing free shows soon and then DSO is coming to town. Wonder if there are still tickets available

OfflineIslandShroomer
The Other One
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #26438906 - 01/17/20 05:00 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Just dosed and saw this thread. Show me what you’ve got my friends!

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: IslandShroomer]
    #26438942 - 01/17/20 05:18 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

OfflineIslandShroomer
The Other One
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #26438953 - 01/17/20 05:24 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

DSO at the majestic 2/8 !

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

#26439102 - 01/17/20 07:03 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Nobody has posted ripple yet.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

OfflineNeumonic
Stranger

#26439559 - 01/18/20 02:51 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

You are probably coming down now.

HAVE

a Sunrise

AND

a Box of Rain

OR BE

Late For Supper WHEN THE Spidergawd HAS ITS Eep Hour    .

AND REMEMBER

Death dont have no mercy

WHEN THERE IS A

Fire on the Mountain
Pt1

Pt2

LETS HOPE THE

Weather Report (suite)

BRINGS THE

Cold Rain and Snow  .

LET US

Not Fade Away > Going Down the Road Feeling Bad

FOR THIS

Brokedown Palace

IS

Built to Last

Sui I went to the Santa Clara shows. I remember the plane trying to make a peace sign and failing utterly, all the roses wrapped into the grating with pictures of pigpen, brent, and jerry. The cops in there damn helicopters telling us to leave.

also the viola lee blues and the alligator
I was offered some acid after the second night
(seems to be a recurring theme for me, not once have I tripped in a show, feels like some vast conspiracy to only have acid become available to me after the shows, has happened many times now. no one wondering around saying acid, im just complaining now. Makes me feel like there is something wrong with me)

witch I took since i had not been able to get any before either of the shows. Then I smoked a bowl of opium a friend offered me and passed out on the side of my van. I woke up short of breath and feeling awful like i was dying, no visuals or dilated pupils, with cops 15 feet from me yelling at everyone with bull speakers to disperse. I saw all the heads passed out on the grass not waking up. Because i felt so physically bad i was concerned that there was something wrong with the opium and all these people were dead.

Of course they werent, and I ended up being ok.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: Neumonic]
    #26439565 - 01/18/20 02:57 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

There was acid everywhere. I gave away a tenstrip and a free ticket to this couple that needed one. I was getting miricles to try to get better seats. there were so many free tickets around. I got prolly 5 miricles holding up this huge piece of quartz. O did a whole circuit of the stadium and blessed it balancing that piece of quartz in the palm of my hand before the show.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

OfflineNeumonic
Stranger

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: sui]
    #26439582 - 01/18/20 03:20 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Free tickets were to be had, My family didnt have to pay for either night, even got a parking pass for the first night free. Second night my dad wanted me to just barge through security in my brown ford van witch did not work. maybe back in the 90s when people were tearing fences down. I dont really like being apart of that.

Something about me i think people see and decide not to offer any around me. I feel Like i just get a glance and then they look away. I have pretty good hearing and pay attention to whats around me but thats just how its been in my experience.

Im frustrated and fed up with it, it became an obsession of mine to trip in the show and dance with everybody, the more it eludes me the worse it is.

Given up on the shows now. I think I might be supposed to travel alone, away from the chaotic energy of the masses.

This is supposed to be a music thread so ill stop here.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: I was at grateful dead night. [Re: Neumonic]
    #26439597 - 01/18/20 03:52 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Talk to! That about your time, it was awesome. I got to give away a whole handful of tickets.

That whole time was crazy, I ate more acid that summer than ever in my life.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order