Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Loc: Year Zero
D3monic's spaghetti and braised short ribs * 1
    #26428374 - 01/11/20 03:33 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

The household rule around here is I'll make what ever you want for your birthday. Wife and daughter both usually pick something with a red sauce/gravy because it's the only time of the year I'll make it (not a fan of red sauce, gives me bad acid reflux) Years past I've made anything from fresh made ravioli, homemade noodles, fresh baked french bread bunch of other stuff.

This year the wife just wants simple spaghetti. I don't measure unless following a specific recipe so all measurements are approximate. Feel free to season to taste.

Sauce Ingredients.

3 Cans DOP San Marzano Tomatoes
3 cans Tomato sauce
2 cans tomato paste
1 onion minced
8 cloves garlic
10 portobello mushrooms sliced
1 zucchini minced
1/4 tsp fennel
3 bay leaves
2 t oregano
1T basil
1T black pepper
1T kosher salt
1T smoked paprika
2T honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup red wine to taste.
1/2T plum smoked el scorponero peppers (my own hybrid so won't be available commercially can just use a total of 1T crushed red pepper)
1/2T crushed red pepper

Directions:
Olive oil and butter in bottom of deep stock pot. Saute aromatics and zucchini until lightly caramelized.

Place san marzano tomatoes in deep bowl and hand crush as much as possible.
Add all ingredients to stock pot. Taste test and adjust seasoning as needed. Lightly simmer.

Meat Grind:
This time around I used a grind of,
  • New York strip
  • Bacon
  • Pancetta
  • Italian sausage
  • ground pork

Directions: Run meats through grinder grabbing handfuls of each so is well blended/ground.

In a pan add olive oil and butter, saute some onion and garlic until  lightly caramelized. Add meat and brown, add some seasoning to taste (black pepper, salt, oregano, thyme, fennel)

Once browned add meat to stock pot. Simmer on low with lid stirring often for 5-6 hours. Be careful not to scald ingredients to bottom of pot.

Also going to make some braised short ribs in the instapot instead of dutch oven. Not sure how that's going to turn out but I got it for Christmas and want to make the mother in law happy by using it. I'll post that in the comments below once I find a recipe for insta pot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Re: D3monic's spaghetti and braised short ribs [Re: D3_Myc]
    #26428462 - 01/11/20 04:24 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I'll follow this insta pot recipe for the short ribs

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

#26428465 - 01/11/20 04:25 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Taste tested after simmering a few hours, added a little more red wine, salt, oregano and smoked paprika. Cleaning out the instapot and doing the test run.

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

#26428651 - 01/11/20 06:37 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, so I'm sold on the instapot. Short ribs were falling apart after 45 mins. Solid recipe linked. Great flavor, adjusted for only 3 ribs. They're ridiculously expensive around here. $10 for just the 3

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

#26428653 - 01/11/20 06:38 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Sauce done, dinner served

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

#26428810 - 01/11/20 09:03 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Enough sauce left over for 5 freezer bags / Meals.

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

#26433230 - 01/14/20 01:51 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Good stuff! Basil and oregano fresh? I like to use the dried and let it cook with sauce, finish with fresh basil few min before its done.

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Re: D3monic's spaghetti and braised short ribs [Re: dstark]
    #26433609 - 01/14/20 05:18 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dstark said:
Good stuff! Basil and oregano fresh? I like to use the dried and let it cook with sauce, finish with fresh basil few min before its done.

Freshy thyme (need it for my homemade orange honey ginger ipa mustard with fresh thyme and rosemary) the basil at the store didn't look too good. I need to make a small indoor herb garden. I have tons of lights and hydro equipment. Was thinking maybe a hydro tub in my office with a light pendant. Just basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary. The main herbs I use in cooking. I also grow my own hot peppers and make hotsauces and powders. I have a large garden and greenhouse where I typically grow between 50-90 plants though my interest is waning and why i'm on this forum now. Time for a new hobby. I'll still continue to grow my own hybrids and maybe play with making new ones though.

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

#26437677 - 01/16/20 11:19 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Hydro spices garden, neat!
So lucky you have a garden, I live on the 3rd floor so my plants are in pots on windows... Might use the area around the building this year :grin:

New hobby in a sense of shrooms growing?

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies