Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegaygaymcthrowaway
Stranger
 User Gallery
Early pinning in vitro and uncolonized spots
    #26436846 - 01/16/20 03:22 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

Newbie here. I inoculated 12 BRF jars about 1 month ago. Saw the first evidence of growth around day 8. About half my jars are almost fully colonized, with the other half getting close. But many of my jars have spots where colonization looks incomplete and I haven't noticed any changes in those areas in a week or so now. I haven't noticed any odd smells or colors.

Oddly, a lot of these spots are near the inoculation sites. When the spores first started to germinate I notice the inoculation sites started to become wet and form condensation on the glass. I figured this was natural.

I've also had two jars start to pin (and fruit?), even though the bottom of the jars are not quite fully consolidated.

I've googled this issue a lot and I've gotten mixed information on what this could be and how to deal with it (e.g. toss it, cut off some of uncolonized parts, etc), so I was hoping someone could give some direct input.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSpunkyMonkey88
Stranger
Male

Re: Early pinning in vitro and uncolonized spots [Re: gaygaymcthrowaway]
    #26436854 - 01/16/20 03:30 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

That first jar looms very contaminated... and if your jars are pinning invitro while not completely colonized jts usually because they are trying to outdo some contamination inside the jar...

Might just be bacterial un which case you'll still get healthy fruits

OfflineThegrimraper
Boogerlover
 User Gallery

Re: Early pinning in vitro and uncolonized spots [Re: SpunkyMonkey88]
    #26436903 - 01/16/20 04:17 PM (1 year, 1 month ago)

The one that is pinning has probably just been ready for a bit already but it didn’t seem like it was fully colonized, just break them up into some substrate.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation